BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 7th Mar '22 Episode 74: Meet Chris Lees

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched that Oldham Times interview.

He’s sort of the abomination you’d get if you put the DNA’s of Gary Glitter, Alan Partridge, Tommy Saxondale and the bald twat from Right Said Fred in a blender and produced some kind of Frankenstein’s monster out of it.

in short, I’d not let him within a hundred yards of my teenage daughter. Potential to out basket case the Lemsagems.

11 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Just watched that Oldham Times interview.

He’s sort of the abomination you’d get if you put the DNA’s of Gary Glitter, Alan Partridge, Tommy Saxondale and the bald twat from Right Said Fred in a blender and produced some kind of Frankenstein’s monster out of it.

in short, I’d not let him within a hundred yards of my teenage daughter. Potential to out basket case the Lemsagems.

Oi you, get off the fence!! 

OK, he looks like a dick, but lets see what he has got.

It's OK floating around twatterbook and the other stuff non of us see or care about and gets people riled, but lets see how it plays.

How wonderful to listen to a Latics podcast and hear to the life story of someone no one had heard of until last week.Was like this is your life,he’ll be playing keepieuppie on the pitch next ala Knighton.And just as unsuccessful buying a football club!

He might be divisive but he's certainly got us on the hook and talking. And if we're talking so will the media.

Come on Mike Keegan, get your contacts on the newsdesk on the case and do an exclusive

8 minutes ago, Mercater said:

He might be divisive but he's certainly got us on the hook and talking. And if we're talking so will the media.

Come on Mike Keegan, get your contacts on the newsdesk on the case and do an exclusive

Methinks that's just what he wants.

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

If this is his Twitter account (which has just been deleted) it goes way beyond a bit of Dominic Cummings and wanting small government:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BrtrQUuo0s0J:https://twitter.com/yo2kris+&cd=1&hl=en

Claiming the war in Ukraine is part of a New World Order conspiracy theory, retweeting posts supporting Putin, vaccine conspiracies...

If this is right, the media attention this brings to the club could make the Ched Evans saga look like a walk in the park

I think he admitted it was his account on the podcast didn’t he? Blimey, some pretty ropey stuff on there. 

I thought his ukip story all sounded a bit “owning the libs”, which doesn’t really tie in with the community type ownership he was talking about. 

11 minutes ago, Mercater said:

I don't see how this would be a good thing for the club, particularly right now

After listening to the podcast and seeing those tweets, it's just sad that the bar has been set so low that anyone can think he's in any way a credible candidate. He'd be worse than Al, Mo, Corney and Moore put together.

"If this is his Twitter account (which has just been deleted) it goes way beyond a bit of Dominic Cummings and wanting small government:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BrtrQUuo0s0J:https://twitter.com/yo2kris+&cd=1&hl=en

Claiming the war in Ukraine is part of a New World Order conspiracy theory, retweeting posts supporting Putin, vaccine conspiracies...

If this is right, the media attention this brings to the club could make the Ched Evans saga look like a walk in the park"

1 hour ago, Mercater said:

Given the number of red flags involved it might be more one for the Morning Star…

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He said he keeps a low profile, but on twitter he was trying to get a thousand followers in 24 hours and he now hosting some kind of q and a tomorrow on twitter.

He’s has his 5 minutes of Latics fame,let’s move on swiftly.

28 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

2 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

How wonderful to listen to a Latics podcast and hear to the life story of someone no one had heard of until last week.Was like this is your life,he’ll be playing keepieuppie on the pitch next ala Knighton.And just as unsuccessful buying a football club!

Not sure if you still work at the club Graham, but the above sounds quite personal and/or bitter- do you know him? Or do you just not like his methods thus far?

I haven’t met him, and talk is cheap- but his plan sounds credible and rational, and at the very least it’s nice to know there is genuine interest in the club. 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Not sure if you still work at the club Graham, but the above sounds quite personal and/or bitter- do you know him? Or do you just not like his methods thus far?

I haven’t met him, and talk is cheap- but his plan sounds credible and rational, and at the very least it’s nice to know there is genuine interest in the club. 

That's a word you don't see used much in connection to football club ownership.

12 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

Agree with this. I've a feeling this guy will disappear as quickly as he appeared on Friday. He's done more interviews in 4 days than AL has in 4 years (not necessarily a good thing) and talks like he already owns the club. Blitz must have been rubbing his hands when he heard $85 million. Just can't take this one seriously.

Archived