BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 7th Mar '22 Episode 74: Meet Chris Lees

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

It's over?

Just a quickie- the BPAS stuff is just insane - I have received a very intimidating message from Andy Halliwell who didn’t have the courtesy to contact me personally to ask me for my comments. I am disgusted by this attempted hit job. I gave 2 hours of my time to him on Sunday.

Good well done Andy for calling this muppet out.

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

It's over?

Just a quickie- the BPAS stuff is just insane - I have received a very intimidating message from Andy Halliwell who didn’t have the courtesy to contact me personally to ask me for my comments. I am disgusted by this attempted hit job. I gave 2 hours of my time to him on Sunday.

An alternative view could be that he wasted rather more hours of Andy's time

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If it’s the one he posted a screen shot of it wasn’t intimidating in the slightest

Basically Andy said 

“you’ve been rumbled and we were onto you from the start” 

Yes, the only response I can see from Andy Halliwell was "Rumbled sunshine. We were on to you from the off". That's hardly intimidating!

I can't find anything else.

On 3/9/2022 at 1:54 PM, Gaz_Oafc said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-athletic-owner-bitcoin-takeover-23314975.amp

Interview in the MEN, dunno if it's already been shared or if there's anything new on it

Well this quote would be news to regulators:

Bitcoin is an asset, fully regulated as real estate or bonds or stocks and shares would be

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Bitcoin is an asset, fully regulated as real estate or bonds or stocks and shares would be

This bit is like some sort of "dazzled by numbers" investment spiel word salad: 

"In the last ten years, Bitcoin has compounded on average 10-11 per cent a year. So if Oldham put £250,000 on its balance sheet in 2012, it would have £2.2billion now. It would be the richest club in the world. Or if they left £250,000 in the bank which would be worth, what, £255,000 today? Even if Bitcoin slows down, and only compounds at 100pc a year, it’s still the value of one Bitcoin by 2030 is £1m."

̶B̶i̶t̶c̶o̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶c̶£̶5̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶2̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶£̶5̶0̶0̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶i̶c̶ ̶a̶n̶a̶l̶y̶s̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶B̶S̶.̶ Duff Bitcoin values used.

So a week after this fraud has rocked up on the scene promising to regenerate Oldham Athletic and the town of Oldham through Bitcoin would it be fair to say we've all come to the same conclusion that he'd be an even bigger conman than even the current owner and indeed the landlord?

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

So a week after this fraud has rocked up on the scene promising to regenerate Oldham Athletic and the town of Oldham through Bitcoin would it be fair to say we've all come to the same conclusion that he'd be an even bigger conman than even the current owner and indeed the landlord?

It seems that way and I thought that when I first heard him talk.

I hope he proves me wrong but I cant see it.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

We need the OASF to talk urgently to other members of his “consortium “ and see how legit this is. Their statement on the website suggests they are treating him as one of 3 parties, equally.

Do you mean this update?

OASF

5 hours ago, underdog said:

Do you mean this update?

OASF

Yes I saw that, which is why I suggested that it would be a good idea to talk to others in Chris Lees “consortium” not to just trust his word.  Once the OASF have checked the back story of others involved and this ex footballer person who he mentioned as helping to assess Oldham’s football assets, then they can update that this bid is a genuine one with a team behind it and ideally the finance required.

19 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

it’s just completely wrong… that’s all. 

12 hours ago, Andy b said:

If there was ever a quote that sums up this country over the last 6 years it’s this

It's not like my original post made any difference to anyone in the real world.

And I haven't dug in and doubled down, so not sure what your point is?

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes

On 3/9/2022 at 7:25 PM, peanuts2 said:

Am begging to wonder if this guy is some sort of "agent provocature" sent to damage ptb and trust reputation with the fan base by who knows  whom 

I don’t see how he reflects badly on either PTB or OASF, he assured he is NOTHING to do with either party!!!

Archived