MATCH: vs Walsall (A) 15/03/22

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Sackings Sheridan which was where this nonsense started. Ironically he barely had two opinions to rub together when he appeared on the podcast. 

Yeah, that bit doesn’t make sense. 😂

But I do think they’re signs Shez is struggling. Hopefully not, but we’ll see. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, that bit doesn’t make sense. 😂

But I do think they’re signs Shez is struggling. Hopefully not, but we’ll see. 

Of course he is struggling, who in their right mind thought he wouldnt  ?

I shudder at the comments on here at times, so knee jerk and reactionary.

Just saying, not having a dig, just my opinion, you or any other poster has their right to disagree, thats football.

Things get a little serious on here at times when people have different opinions.

But still no need for any abuse at all, just debate without resorting to being churlish, as you say LOF.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

People can agree or disagree with me, call me whatever they like but that has to work both ways, cheap shots about podcast appearances and the like, I wouldn't resort to things like that. But it won't be an issue for me going forward, anything I do post will be nothing but bland and formulaic.

I'd rather you didn't post bland and formulaic, I don't think you could do that if you tried, not in your make up. 

If ever there was a time to all pull together; it is now. Rarely has there been just the one clear aim for everyone :-

Finish above Stevenage

That's it - all the bickering should be put to one side for now - when we DO achieve that aim, then let's see how the club can get back to any sense of normality - which will ONLY happen via a new owner. 

35 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Just saying, not having a dig, just my opinion, you or any other poster has their right to disagree, thats football.

Things get a little serious on here at times when people have different opinions.

But still no need for any abuse at all, just debate without resorting to being churlish, as you say LOF.

I agree its not on for people who don't agree with your viewpoint to post personal abuse.

In fact it's against the rules of this forum, which I've found many get away with, hence it continues.

22 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I’m not talking results wise maxi, we were always going to lose games. 

But he’s on a free hit here- he’s helping us out not the other way around. No one would blame if it didn’t work out- and if he didn’t win another game- at least he gave us a sniff with going 7 unbeaten after looking dead and buried.  

Therefore, the pressure is off him. So I don’t understand his reluctance to give Vaughan and Couto some minutes. I don’t understand why his public comments are getting increasingly exasperated. How is that helping them- he knows we’ve got a threadbare squad, he knows the squad largely poor. He knows they’re largely trying their best for him. 

When he joined, he said something along the lines of- I know my style isn’t probably what you want these days, times have changed with players and I just need to fill them up with confidence. A few games later- no one can a pass a ball/ he doesn’t like watching us etc. After the initial bounce, he seems to have reverted to to type- and as he himself has said- times have changed. 

We saw why he hasn't played Vaughan in the Wallsall game, it's a physical thing.

I have noticed Vaughan for all his technical ability doesn't find enough space to operate, he needs to do this to become more effective.

Shez is frustrated I'm sure by big strong opposition players dominating us, but unfortunately too many lightweights have been recruited, so most still remain in the team.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We saw why he hasn't played Vaughan in the Wallsall game, it's a physical thing.

I have noticed Vaughan for all his technical ability doesn't find enough space to operate, he needs to do this to become more effective.

Shez is frustrated I'm sure by big strong opposition players dominating us, but unfortunately too many lightweights have been recruited, so most still remain in the team.

The problem I have is that the other players in that position offer very little indeed (Bahamboula/Whelan). Vaughan has shown glimpses here and there that suggest to me that given more game time he might get better at finding space to operate. But a half here and 10 minutes there isn't going to give him that chance.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Completely disagree. 

As I said on another thread BP- you say same thing under every manager with every squad, with every set of tactics. 

Of course you need players with physicality- and we have one or two in Mcgahey and Missilou- but when they win the ball, if they pass to players with little technical ability -then you’ll struggle. You mention Vaughan doesn’t find space- fine. But he can pass a ball, he can penetrate, he’s quick. When we offer so little going forward, why wouldn’t you at least try him? People were saying the same about Luamba, to small, to young, he plays - he scores. 

The idea Vaughan can’t affect a game because he’s 5 foot 8 and 11 stone is nonsense. There are countless examples of his type who do well. Matty Palmer and Chris Taylor are two that immediately spring to mind. They were ‘lightweight’ and lacked physicality, but they won us games. 

48 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The problem I have is that the other players in that position offer very little indeed (Bahamboula/Whelan). Vaughan has shown glimpses here and there that suggest to me that given more game time he might get better at finding space to operate. But a half here and 10 minutes there isn't going to give him that chance.

Spot on. 

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Completely disagree. 

As I said on another thread BP- you say same thing under every manager with every squad, with every set of tactics. 

Of course you need players with physicality- and we have one or two in Mcgahey and Missilou- but when they win the ball, if they pass to players with little technical ability -then you’ll struggle. You mention Vaughan doesn’t find space- fine. But he can pass a ball, he can penetrate, he’s quick. When we offer so little going forward, why wouldn’t you at least try him? People were saying the same about Luamba, to small, to young, he plays - he scores. 

The idea Vaughan can’t affect a game because he’s 5 foot 8 and 11 stone is nonsense. There are countless examples of his type who do well. Matty Palmer and Chris Taylor are two that immediately spring to mind. They were ‘lightweight’ and lacked physicality, but they won us games. 

Agreed.  But surely Vaughan isn't 5 foot 8 is he?  Looks about half that, and about seven stones soaking wet!

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

If ever there was a time to all pull together; it is now. Rarely has there been just the one clear aim for everyone :-

Finish above Stevenage

That's it - all the bickering should be put to one side for now - when we DO achieve that aim, then let's see how the club can get back to any sense of normality - which will ONLY happen via a new owner. 

Finish above Stevenage

I can't bold it, you've already done that 🤣. That quote sums up how far we've fallen, but you are absolutely right 👍

6 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Finish above Stevenage

I can't bold it, you've already done that 🤣. That quote sums up how far we've fallen, but you are absolutely right 👍

Let's face it, Stevenage should probably have gone down in the 2019/20 season and at 36 games, Latics were 19 points clear of the bottom and Stevenage 10pts from safety. We should now give them what they deserve and get them relegated.

Harsh?
Maybe, but I have obviously no qualms in wishing their dropping out of the league instead of Latics.

• Bender unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You absolutey love it don't you??

To love it so much you search an old thread is just sad  

Not as sad making homophobic slurs towards someone because you disagreed with something they posted on a forum.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You absolutey love it don't you??

To love it so much you search an old thread is just sad  

He has half a point to be fair. He's probably exempt from blame for the mess we are in but 9 defeats in 11 games in absolutely shameful. Not even Curle or Benachour managed that. Some decisions recently have been questionable at best too...

Archived