MATCH: vs Walsall (A) 15/03/22

Just now, Careca9 said:

are u for real? U think progressive play with this team is the way forward when they can’t pass? 

It's the lack of physicality which will send us down, every team knows we are so lightweight and easily knocked off the ball. Now we lose the only one who can compete, Piergianninl, for 2 games.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

It's the lack of physicality which will send us down, every team knows we are so lightweight and easily knocked off the ball. Now we lose the only one who can compete, Piergianninl, for 2 games.

I don’t doubt we are a little light. We tried the out pass them from the back tactic under selim and under shez we have looked more competitive than at any point this season. Pidge will be a huge loss as is mcgahey and obadeyi 

2 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

We now have 4 home games on the bounce including the 2 in hand over Stevenage….they have 2 away games at promotion chasing Mansfield and Exeter

By the time we go to them on April 2nd the table could look very different 

I think we’ll know come FT at Stevenage on April 2nd if we are down or not tbh. Obviously games after that, but these 4 home games and then of course Stevenage define our entire season for me. I believe we need 3 wins from these games, but I just don’t currently see where they are going to come from.

We are bang, bang in trouble. I won’t mention the lack of centre forwards again but Pidge out now means we are without a senior centre back for 2 games on the assumption that McGahey is still out. Could get steamrolled on Saturday by a decent Exeter team.

There was some really, really poor performances in that second half as well as some questionable subs and tactics. I’m struggling to understand why Pidge wasn’t thrown up top for the last 10 - we weren’t winning anything against their CBs.

Having said all that, if the ref gives the blatant foul on Hope in the build up to the first, and the Lino sees the obvious offside for the second, we may have walked away with 3 points.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Why, all the other managers got the blame didn't they?

Sheridan has worked wonders since coming in…Fondop’s injury has completely changed the dynamic and now the defence being decimated through injuries and suspensions has made the job impossible.

IMO Sheridan gets no blame whatsoever!!

2 minutes ago, south east latic said:

We are bang, bang in trouble. I won’t mention the lack of centre forwards again but Pidge out now means we are without a senior centre back for 2 games on the assumption that McGahey is still out. Could get steamrolled on Saturday by a decent Exeter team.

There was some really, really poor performances in that second half as well as some questionable subs and tactics. I’m struggling to understand why Pidge wasn’t thrown up top for the last 10 - we weren’t winning anything against their CBs.

Having said all that, if the ref gives the blatant foul on Hope in the build up to the first, and the Lino sees the obvious offside for the second, we may have walked away with 3 points.

We were never coming away with 3 points tonight!

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He called you a clown. That's it. Words on a screen. Nowhere near to justifying your reaction. You call our players soft ffs

As I said let them post personal abuse and they will go worse.

As in the end of your post.

As for weak players that is merely stating a fact.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Sheridan has worked wonders since coming in…Fondop’s injury has completely changed the dynamic and now the defence being decimated through injuries and suspensions has made the job impossible.

Whatever bounce he brought has well and truly flattened out, just putting a team on the pitch and hoping to nick a result isn't enough in our position.

7 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

We now have 4 home games on the bounce including the 2 in hand over Stevenage….they have 2 away games at promotion chasing Mansfield and Exeter

By the time we go to them on April 2nd the table could look very different 

It could.., but it’ll probably look the same. We are utter shite. Shez got em going but that’s ran out now. Not his fault. Pisspoor squad that’s now depleted. We are in deep shit and as good as gone  imo. 

The belief which the players had against teams like Bristol Rovers has evaporated, Fage gives away possession to easily, if anyone is going to France in the summer can they give him a lift and leave him there.

If we stay up I will be surprised, I can't see were a win will come from, Walsall are an average team and we should have done better.

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The only blame he gets from me is introducing Hopcutt, surely young Simms would at least managed one touch of the ball in the same time on the pitch?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The only blame he gets from me is introducing Hopcutt, surely young Simms would at least manage one touch of the ball in the same time on the pitch?

Is Simms strong enough physically to go up against a Centre Half in League 2 or will they just kick him all over the park?

BP gets stick for the weak player comments but he’s bang on. We’re consistently out muscled in almost every area of the pitch. Which wouldn’t be that bad if we were quick and skilful but we aren’t that either. 

The make up and balance of this squad is absolutely criminal. 

Just now, nzlatic said:

BP gets stick for the weak player comments but he’s bang on. We’re consistently out muscled in almost every area of the pitch. Which wouldn’t be that bad if we were quick and skilful but we aren’t that either. 

The make up and balance of this squad is absolutely criminal. 

Correct, and every team we play is fully aware of that so will attempt a physical approach.

Not Shez's fault we lost Fondop and Luamba, but the lightweight problem is present in key areas through poor recruitment and I cant see how this can be addressed now.

As bizarre as it sounds I feel for some of the players. You can see some players giving it their 100% without people realising that their 100% is our idea of an average performance. We looked like a mixed bag of individuals rather than a team - and a very hot and cold bunch to say the least.

Bahamboula looks like he’s hit a lull and I don’t blame him. I rate him massively so I will be bit bias but a guy at that skill level who’s that tightly marked every week - which people seem to never mention - in a team that doesn’t offer him much. It must grind down his ambition. He’s a playmaker that gets little support imo. Had that linkup with Fage towards the end come to something, it would be a different story. 

Fage tonight started well but come that second half just looked like a totally different player. Massive shame.

Hart looked panicked, Hope didn’t offer much and I’m not sure Hopcutt actually touched the ball. A grant total of 2 shots on target. DKD looked dangerous at times but he’s left out to hang I feel when being a lone striker isn’t his style.

Don’t think that Pidge’s yellow was justified but the captain has now put himself out of the next 2 games at the most pivotal point in the club’s history. Make of that what you will.

Sutton and Hunt both looked good. Great career opportunity for the pair of them. Missilou giving it 100% although not amounting to much, same goes for Vaughn who was outmuscled a lot. Fair play to Shez for starting them as even though we’re on a cliff edge, doing the same thing each week has us on the brink of relegation.

You could almost pinpoint the moment where Walsall sniffed we’d nothing left in the tank and they went to town on us. Somewhere after that scramble in the box chance we had.

It’s a shame seeing people give the team or Shez flack at this stage. We brought Shez in, it didn’t make us the Invincibles but it gave us a lift and now the buzz is wearing off and reality is setting back in. All they can physically do is fight for a point. We’re not a Prem team anymore and there’s no point comparing to years gone by: we’re a bottom rung League Two team so anything more than a loss is a small win in itself.

Feel like I’ve typed this same post before.

KTF

Archived