Non-League stuff.

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Bradford have also had years of building the fan base, community, business links and having money to bring in the likes of Hughes. We are a million years currently from this the club is financially screwed so throwing £200 season tickets around is not only stupid it’s also dangerous to the clubs future existence. We would need to clear 4500 tickets to get to where we would be if we sold 3000 at £300. 

Let’s steady the ship by bring in more money, to help the club, stabilising the clubs finances and then look to reduce prices when we have built the club back up. 

You do know there are other ways to give the club money then, if you feel you've had a good deal on a season ticket you might be inclined to spend 250 on a player sponsorship or 50 on sponsoring a match ball giving the club additional revenue, also it's not just about milking 3000 fans for whatever you can get leaving 10,000 seats empty, that was shitpeas thinking and it's short sighted, I get what you are saying about the immediate need for finance but some of our fanbase simply couldn't afford to go if tickets go up significantly. As has been said previous I'd be worried about the new owners finances if they feel the need to ramp up ticket prices when unveiled.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You do know there are other ways to give the club money then, if you feel you've had a good deal on a season ticket you might be inclined to spend 250 on a player sponsorship or 50 on sponsoring a match ball giving the club additional revenue, also it's not just about milking 3000 fans for whatever you can get leaving 10,000 seats empty, that was shitpeas thinking and it's short sighted, I get what you are saying about the immediate need for finance but some of our fanbase simply couldn't afford to go if tickets go up significantly. As has been said previous I'd be worried about the new owners finances if they feel the need to ramp up ticket prices when unveiled.

I’m well aware of other ways of bringing money in and for what it’s worth, I personally wouldn’t be charging more than 290 which I don’t think is a lot for myself but appreciate other peoples circumstances differ, some may find this alot could spread that out across a payment plan which should be granted again if we get our credit facility back. I’ve used that myself in the past and eases the burden.  

To compete with the likes of Notts County, Wrexham etc our wage budget will need support that’s for sure. Whichever way fans can help out I’m sure they will. 

3 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Bradford have also had years of building the fan base, community, business links and having money to bring in the likes of Hughes. We are a million years currently from this the club is financially screwed so throwing £200 season tickets around is not only stupid it’s also dangerous to the clubs future existence. We would need to clear 4500 tickets to get to where we would be if we sold 3000 at £300. 

Let’s steady the ship by bring in more money, to help the club, stabilising the clubs finances and then look to reduce prices when we have built the club back up. 

I’m not sure I agree with your business logic here Adam.

What matters is each customer’ total spend and “total lifetime value” it is true that 3000 x 300 is the same as 4500 x 200 However,  it is much better to have that extra 1500 fans at the ground every week.

The key thing we have to do is provide a multitude of ways fans can engage with the club and happily spend their money; before, during and after the game….this means more bars, more food options, kids entertainment, low priced hospitality options for Birthdays etc, more merchandise options etc etc.

I actually believe we rebuild the club BY reducing prices and providing a matchday experience that ensures people want to come back.

I would be sending the commercial team to the US for a week and see how they do it there….you go to a Baseball game or NFL and there are so many options and so many ways to spend your money….sure it’s a little different in the length of the game and the natural breaks but there are many lessons we could learn from them. 

34 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

I’m well aware of other ways of bringing money in and for what it’s worth, I personally wouldn’t be charging more than 290 which I don’t think is a lot for myself but appreciate other peoples circumstances differ, some may find this alot could spread that out across a payment plan which should be granted again if we get our credit facility back. I’ve used that myself in the past and eases the burden.  

To compete with the likes of Notts County, Wrexham etc our wage budget will need support that’s for sure. Whichever way fans can help out I’m sure they will. 

Unless Jim Ratcliffe comes in no one is going to compete with Wrexham, hasn't guaranteed them promotion thus far though although I think they look a good thing for automatic for the season ahead.

Ironically although I'm arguing for them to be kept at 200 initially I'd pay on the day if I knew I could guarantee a ticket for away days which was part of the appeal when buying for this season, going to be a bit of a bun fight now for some fixtures particularly if they shift another few thousand and we start off reasonably well.

Maybe ticket pricing and structure is something yourselves at PTB can get involved in if you are invited in to the club to represent the fans, ultimately it's about striking a balance and making football accessible to as many fans as possible, I actually wouldn't of started going to games if it wasn't for the free tickets that came through my school in the early/mid 80's and I think more children particularly should be given the opportunity I was.

28 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

As dangerous as asking fans to withhold all money to the club?

Do you honestly think your money has been used correctly since Abdallah has been in charge? Really poor argument/ looking for a bite.

This time under the right owners the money would be used correctly if you want to challenge the price has to be right. Abdallah clearly has never had any intention of challenging throwing £5k a week at the likes of Maouche, Omrani, Placide and Menig. Bags of cash turning up isn’t how you run a business. 

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I’m not sure I agree with your business logic here Adam.

What matters is each customer’ total spend and “total lifetime value” it is true that 3000 x 300 is the same as 4500 x 200 However,  it is much better to have that extra 1500 fans at the ground every week.

The key thing we have to do is provide a multitude of ways fans can engage with the club and happily spend their money; before, during and after the game….this means more bars, more food options, kids entertainment, low priced hospitality options for Birthdays etc, more merchandise options etc etc.

I actually believe we rebuild the club BY reducing prices and providing a matchday experience that ensures people want to come back.

I would be sending the commercial team to the US for a week and see how they do it there….you go to a Baseball game or NFL and there are so many options and so many ways to spend your money….sure it’s a little different in the length of the game and the natural breaks but there are many lessons we could learn from them. 

I would agree with your logic of cheap season tickets if as I said earlier the club wasn’t currently ran in a utterly shambolic way as the accounts suggest. I’m a Blue Jays baseball fan and have been to a number of ballparks so know what you mean but these are all established well run companies. We have to start a fresh. The structural changes needed (staffing and building work) will be huge costs that need covering. Once the club is in a better position and is a more enjoyable all round experience once work carried out, I’m all for it but I’m convinced enough people will buy at a higher price when the owners leave to help the club financially. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Unless Jim Ratcliffe comes in no one is going to compete with Wrexham, hasn't guaranteed them promotion thus far though although I think they look a good thing for automatic for the season ahead.

Ironically although I'm arguing for them to be kept at 200 initially I'd pay on the day if I knew I could guarantee a ticket for away days which was part of the appeal when buying for this season, going to be a bit of a bun fight now for some fixtures particularly if they shift another few thousand and we start off reasonably well.

Maybe ticket pricing and structure is something yourselves at PTB can get involved in if you are invited in to the club to represent the fans, ultimately it's about striking a balance and making football accessible to as many fans as possible, I actually wouldn't of started going to games if it wasn't for the free tickets that came through my school in the early/mid 80's and I think more children particularly should be given the opportunity I was.

If they want fan involvement with season ticket pricing we will of course offer our thoughts. I’m a big fan and have donated decent amounts previously to the community trust, I know how much good work they do, me and Martin talk a fair bit about different things that can be done to get the younger generation onboard.

I was the same getting into Latics in the 90’s free ticket to a 4-4 draw after being 3-1 up. Typical Latics. I’ve passed a few ideas on from the Toronto Blue Jays baseball for what they do for kids which I think would work. 

27 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

If they want fan involvement with season ticket pricing we will of course offer our thoughts. I’m a big fan and have donated decent amounts previously to the community trust, I know how much good work they do, me and Martin talk a fair bit about different things that can be done to get the younger generation onboard.

I was the same getting into Latics in the 90’s free ticket to a 4-4 draw after being 3-1 up. Typical Latics. I’ve passed a few ideas on from the Toronto Blue Jays baseball for what they do for kids which I think would work. 

Exeter?

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Exeter?

We researched them for PTB a while back. Their telephone befriending scheme and their pensioner afternoons where ex players come along and they get dinner are ideas we liked. Not something we have discussed with Martin but I may now. Thanks for the reminder! 

58 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Do you honestly think your money has been used correctly since Abdallah has been in charge? Really poor argument/ looking for a bite.

This time under the right owners the money would be used correctly if you want to challenge the price has to be right. Abdallah clearly has never had any intention of challenging throwing £5k a week at the likes of Maouche, Omrani, Placide and Menig. Bags of cash turning up isn’t how you run a business. 

Nobody said it was used correctly. I was pointing out that it was a dangerous strategy which could have caused the death of the club. 

You're also saying it would be used correctly under the new owners, how do you know.

Everyone thought that when it was "anybody but Corney"

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nobody said it was used correctly. I was pointing out that it was a dangerous strategy which could have caused the death of the club. 

You're also saying it would be used correctly under the new owners, how do you know.

Everyone thought that when it was "anybody but Corney"

So people not funding the current ownership wouldn’t have played a difference either way. Money still would have been thrown away.

in regards to your comments about the new owners I said “Under the right owners” not “under the new owners”. Big difference. However you would expect a local business to understand the fan base and club before getting involved, which I am sure they are. 

15 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

So people not funding the current ownership wouldn’t have played a difference either way. Money still would have been thrown away.

in regards to your comments about the new owners I said “Under the right owners” not “under the new owners”. Big difference. However you would expect a local business to understand the fan base and club before getting involved, which I am sure they are. 

You said "this time under the right owners"

Which implies "this time" that we have the right owners.

How's the due diligence going?

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You said "this time under the right owners"

Which implies "this time" that we have the right owners.

How's the due diligence going?

As you well know once we have a meeting with whoever it is that’s when our due diligence starts. However from conversations with the national league and clubs within it their owners tests are a little bit more strict which is good to hear. 

43 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

As you well know once we have a meeting with whoever it is that’s when our due diligence starts. However from conversations with the national league and clubs within it their owners tests are a little bit more strict which is good to hear. 

So you'll do due diligence AFTER the deal is done and announced. What then? What if you're not convinced? 

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So you'll do due diligence AFTER the deal is done and announced. What then? What if you're not convinced? 

You seem to be confused with what PTB is. PTB isn’t a shareholder and was brought about due to the lack of action from the previous trust to take fans concerns seriously. We have no right to be part of the negotiations and wouldn’t expect to be at the table. The fact they brought us and the foundation to a meeting before the last announcement was good of them.

We gave a few years to Abdallah to settle in and find his way. Unless there are alarming findings I see no reason not to give the new owners who know the club already given they are in the area the same respect. 

I genuinely have no clue what your issue is, given fans standing up for themselves has brought about change whether you agree or not. I’m surprised by your negative stance towards it all very bizarre. 

4 hours ago, adamoafc said:

true but running a business when youve got bags of cash is a piece of piss. lesson one is share out a bit of one of the bags.

9 hours ago, adamoafc said:

I would agree with your logic of cheap season tickets if as I said earlier the club wasn’t currently ran in a utterly shambolic way as the accounts suggest. I’m a Blue Jays baseball fan and have been to a number of ballparks so know what you mean but these are all established well run companies. We have to start a fresh. The structural changes needed (staffing and building work) will be huge costs that need covering. Once the club is in a better position and is a more enjoyable all round experience once work carried out, I’m all for it but I’m convinced enough people will buy at a higher price when the owners leave to help the club financially. 

The great thing about this conversation Adam is we are all on the same side and looking at the best way(s) to improve our football club……AlMo (and Blitz frankly) never fully understood what they had and what they could have achieved if they only engaged with the supporters 

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

The great thing about this conversation Adam is we are all on the same side and looking at the best way(s) to improve our football club……AlMo (and Blitz frankly) never fully understood what they had and what they could have achieved if they only engaged with the supporters 

even weller said

Oldham Athletic is the first former Premier League club to be relegated to the National League, and their matches against Notts County will be the third fixture to be played in all five top tiers of English football.

The other two?

16 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Oldham Athletic is the first former Premier League club to be relegated to the National League, and their matches against Notts County will be the third fixture to be played in all five top tiers of English football.

The other two?

I'd guess they involve Wimbledon or Luton

Archived