Non-League stuff.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just seen it on a map. It's between Woking and Crawley, near an area of outstanding beauty, in what looks like a very wealthy area with a ground that looks as big as Ashton United (actually, it looks a bit smaller). Their badge is the head of a chicken, I think. Should be fun...

It’ll be the strangest ground we visit but they could well get promotion! Loads of money and loads of momentum + a plastic pitch!

Dorking is a nice Surrey commuter town….about as likely to have an EFL team as Nailsworth but FGR did it with money and steady progress and Dorking may be the next one

Only 5 teams north of Greater London in the National League next season. Nothing between London and Altrincham geographically. Of the 5 northern teams only 1 was in this league last season.

14 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

…..twelve promotions!!!!!!!!! We really are going to lose to Dorking in a fuckin league game aren’t we? 😂😂😂😂😂

Yep at home in front of 15 Dorking fans in the chaddy end.

And people will clap the players off the pitch.....

40 minutes ago, JED said:

Only 5 teams north of Greater London in the National League next season. Nothing between London and Altrincham geographically. Of the 5 northern teams only 1 was in this league last season.

Before the 5 playoff losers are included of course!

1 hour ago, JED said:

Either Notts County or Solihull, or both

12 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

It’ll be the strangest ground we visit but they could well get promotion! Loads of money and loads of momentum + a plastic pitch!

Dorking is a nice Surrey commuter town….about as likely to have an EFL team as Nailsworth but FGR did it with money and steady progress and Dorking may be the next one

Let’s hear it now:

”Oh wanky wanky…”

jus as the league could't appear to get any more part time and southern the fuckin Dorks rock up w their ten row halfapitch main stand.

hope we leave a good impression 😬

Latics fans in singing about taking over a town weve never been to before, cant wait for that 🙃

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Dorking wanderers

We will competing on level terms with a club who's stadium has 1 stand next season let that sink in for everyone.

but from an operational standpoint they are prob comfortably better run than us. Again if ALMO are in charge we are def going to by the worst run club in the league 

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

but from an operational standpoint they are prob comfortably better run than us. Again if ALMO are in charge we are def going to by the worst run club in the league 

Think Southend might provide stiff opposition. I think there are still big issues at York, but those seem to be getting better. One Dave Penney is their Sporting Director. 

I think a number of the ex-football league clubs are all a bit of a basket case. Us and Southend are probably taking the top spots though.

34 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Think Southend might provide stiff opposition. I think there are still big issues at York, but those seem to be getting better. One Dave Penney is their Sporting Director. 

I think a number of the ex-football league clubs are all a bit of a basket case. Us and Southend are probably taking the top spots though.

Southend have settled down a bit but while Ron is still in charge they are still one to watch for the wrong reasons. They began and ended last season poorly and had a decent run from Christmas to about March when they won quite a lot of games.

If you are looking for a rival to be Head Basketcase, I'd look no further than Scunny. Other sides who seem to find the Division a perennial struggle are Aldershot and Barnet. Wealdstone and Woking may be down there. You would expect that Dorking will find it a big step up.

Most of the top half are either of a decent size, have plenty of experience at this level, are well run and in a couple of cases maybe all three. My top six to watch on the basis of how they went this season would be Notts County, Halifax, two from three of Chesterfield/Wrexham/Solihull, and as darker horses Dagenham and Boreham Wood. Torquay and Bromley the best of the rest. I find it hard to assess Grimsby.

19 hours ago, Marco said:

They have a giant cock on a roundabout. Interview with Marc White after the game.

Can't decide whether I like him as he is quiet obviously the last person I'd expect to be a football club owner or hate as arguable a bigger cock than the one of their badge.... "another one" sausage 

Do you remember when we used to chant about the next away game?

'To Wealdstone, to Wealdstone, ta da da dadadada.'

'If you're going to Woking clap your hands, if you're going to woking clap your hands, oh if you're going to Woking, you're going to Woking, you're going to Woking clap your hand.'

'Dorking, Dorking here we come, Dorking here we come.'

'We're all going to Eastleigh, We're all going to Eastleigh, nah nah nah nananana.'

'We're going to Boreham, we're going to Boreham, you're not, you're not.'

Fucking hell that was depressing.

Archived