Non-League stuff.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Think it would be foolish to do so. They can make them 300 quid and get just as many as they would if they reduced them...

Might make sense as and when they can get things like bars and catering sorted out to get people spending money in the ground

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Think it would be foolish to do so. They can make them 300 quid and get just as many as they would if they reduced them...

I'd consider it at £200 but not £300

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you think £300 is unreasonable then?

£200 works out at £8.70 per game
£300 works out at £13 per game.

£230 -10

£276 - 13

£395 - 15

Incidentally, the early bird price at Latics for over 65’s works out at just over £6 per game 😃

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Shouldn't matter the price. Once ALMO have gone everyone will be back anyway won't they...

I will struggle to justify £300 and up for non league to be honest. 

Keep the early bird (270) and I'm all over it 

And before someone says "it's only £30 more" that's half a weekly shop for me or a check up if one of my pets get sick, everyone has a cut off 

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you think £300 is unreasonable then?

Not unreasonable per se, but I'd be picking and choosing my games, so it's a bit rich for me. If it's £200, I'd take the plunge.

This is pretty much where i’m at tbh, i’ll probably go for it if £200-£250 but £300 and I won’t. I already miss 4 home games due to already booked holidays, and i’d imagine they’ll be a few more along the way so £300

wouldn’t be worth it.

11 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

disagree. l think if we do the OP's offer we would be lookin at crowds like the rochdale match..

14 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Shouldn't matter the price. 

Price always matters.  My Dad (thirty years gone) stopped going when a ticket went over a benchmark, not that I can recall what it was.  He could afford it but just said it wasn't worth whatever it was.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Price always matters.  My Dad (thirty years gone) stopped going when a ticket went over a benchmark, not that I can recall what it was.  He could afford it but just said it wasn't worth whatever it was.

I can understand that. We’ve been served some dross over the last few years…. 

15 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Shouldn't matter the price. Once ALMO have gone everyone will be back anyway won't they...

Success is still an essential to get people to return due to how starved we've been from it for the last 30 years.

Even with new owners, if we are middle to lower table in a few months, people will soon start disappearing again. 

14 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Success is still an essential to get people to return due to how starved we've been from it for the last 30 years.

Even with new owners, if we are middle to lower table in a few months, people will soon start disappearing again. 

Spot on. 

And we’re going to be reliant on fans through the gate more than ever. 

I think we have to be realistic and say the only reason our prices are as low as they are is because no one was buying them due to the ownership. The average season ticket in the conference (Full Price Adult in seated area and cheapest season ticket if different stands are cheaper) is £306. 

Given the above, I am sure we can all agree and expect an increase in season tickets and I for one would support, it if it goes towards, what it should in the transfer budget. We can only hope that we get owners who get the fan base and want to do what’s best for the club. Run within its means, paying people on time and become that family club again we all want. 

Whatever the ongoing season ticket price is going to be, I think they should be offered at an early bird rate initially. It would be harsh to punish those that boycotted and helped push the Lemmies out into having to pay full price. It would be sensible to get as many fans bought in as possible on the back of the wave of optimism following the sale. 

23 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Whatever the ongoing season ticket price is going to be, I think they should be offered at an early bird rate initially. It would be harsh to punish those that boycotted and helped push the Lemmies out into having to pay full price. It would be sensible to get as many fans bought in as possible on the back of the wave of optimism following the sale. 

Agree completely, cannot see any sense in charging any more than 200 for this season.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

If the new owners are relying on season ticket revenue in their first season then I’d be worried 

My thoughts, surely they would have based any takeover on raising a minimal amount from first season - season ticket sales, look at Bradford reaping what they sowed many moons ago when they let them go for £100 a pop and free for kids,  I don't buy in to shitpeas old adage that there are 3000 who are mug enough to buy regardless of where we are so let's charge £350, its false economy when you are leaving 10,000+ seats empty for a home fixture.

Bradford sold over 14,000 this season after a disappointing season last year at the adult early bird price of £198, young person (U23) and 65+ were priced at £174, youth 12-16 were £126 and 11 and under £30, all these were offered if wanted on a 12 month interest free basis, surely this is a more sensible approach to business and it's actively encourages fans to participate, youths for instance can attend 23 home games for £10.50 a month which is little more than a Spotify subscription. 

Until we have to worry about fitting everyone in which we haven't done for 30 years this should be the business model, more affluent fans can always contribute in other ways something the Commercial department could manage.

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

If the new owners are relying on season ticket revenue in their first season then I’d be worried 

Who said anything about being reliant? Most football clubs across the 92, see season tickets as a big boost to the transfer budget so the owners funds can’t be put to other uses (car park, ground work, floodlights etc). I scouted at Preston it happens there and also helps fund the academy, a much bigger club. 

We don’t want another Wrexham or Salford splashing out money like it’s going out of fashion as when they get bored things will quickly go south. At this level Season ticket money will be a big difference between what some clubs get for their budget. 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

My thoughts, surely they would have based any takeover on raising a minimal amount from first season - season ticket sales, look at Bradford reaping what they sowed many moons ago when they let them go for £100 a pop and free for kids,  I don't buy in to shitpeas old adage that there are 3000 who are mug enough to buy regardless of where we are so let's charge £350, its false economy when you are leaving 10,000+ seats empty for a home fixture.

Bradford sold over 14,000 this season after a disappointing season last year at the adult early bird price of £198, young person (U23) and 65+ were priced at £174, youth 12-16 were £126 and 11 and under £30, all these were offered if wanted on a 12 month interest free basis, surely this is a more sensible approach to business and it's actively encourages fans to participate, youths for instance can attend 23 home games for £10.50 a month which is little more than a Spotify subscription. 

Until we have to worry about fitting everyone in which we haven't done for 30 years this should be the business model, more affluent fans can always contribute in other ways something the Commercial department could manage.

Bradford have also had years of building the fan base, community, business links and having money to bring in the likes of Hughes. We are a million years currently from this the club is financially screwed so throwing £200 season tickets around is not only stupid it’s also dangerous to the clubs future existence. We would need to clear 4500 tickets to get to where we would be if we sold 3000 at £300. 

Let’s steady the ship by bring in more money, to help the club, stabilising the clubs finances and then look to reduce prices when we have built the club back up. 

Archived