Non-League stuff.

27 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I bet that was v Notts County! First game I ever took my daughter to, she was about 7yo I think. She managed to fall asleep in a Main Stand seat (no mean feat) at 3-1 and woke up at 4-4. I blamed her of course for the draw. Even worse, I paid for her ticket! 🤣

Probably Bristol Rovers in 97. 3 up then pegged back to 3 all and eventually drew 4 each...

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Probably Bristol Rovers in 97. 3 up then pegged back to 3 all and eventually drew 4 each...

Yes I think you're right. Can't see a 4-4 v Notts Co in any stats but that Rovers game is there and it was about the right year 👍

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I’m sure they got a dubious penalty in the very last second to draw 4.4

56 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Non-League fans are FURIOUS at Frank's Dorking comments. 

Every game is going to be a cup final for whoever we face. 

I love this, we've got a history that pretty much every club in the division could only dream of, let's be cocky... so long as we've got the team to back it up we'll be ok 🙂😉

12 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

We were the new big fish and there to be shot at anyway.

’Where’s Dorking?’ seems like a perfectly cromulent question for someone who doesn’t work as a travelling salesman.

Spot on. I don't think there'll be any contrafibularities from Dorking on that point. 

18 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Can’t get over how annoyed some fans are with those comments. 

No-one likes being told they're insignificant.

I suspect we'll hear a lot of "who the fucking hell are you?" this season. Hopefully we win more than we lose and we're the ones singing it!

3 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

We were the new big fish and there to be shot at anyway.

’Where’s Dorking?’ seems like a perfectly cromulent question for someone who doesn’t work as a travelling salesman.

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Spot on. I don't think there'll be any contrafibularities from Dorking on that point. 

Weirdly, there was a tribute to Dr Johnson as part of the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games. I was thinking about this very episode. 

Darlington v Whitby friendly today. Darlo in the division below us have Marcus Maddison as well as Wheater. Both could be argued to be better than anything we have. Having said that they drew 2-2 against a weakened Whitby. 😁

Archived