Non-League stuff.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/16/2022 at 4:05 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

You said "this time under the right owners"

Which implies "this time" that we have the right owners.

How's the due diligence going?

You'd be a lot more credible if you ever criticised the outgoing regime in anything like the terms you save for the people who tried to make that happen. 

Anyway, moving on to the issues of £200 or £300 for a season ticket - Bradford went down the cheap route, got a full ground, but with artificially constrained spending power to go with it (which they didn't use well, either).

I think it is impossible to quantify what added value having 4,500 (rather than 3,000) fans in the ground offers, but I do know that they actually have to be there in person to deliver it. And I don't think you can be sure that the kind of supporters who are mainly enticed in by cheap tickets will stick around if results aren't all that good. 

All of which is a long winded way of saying that the basement prices model doesn't necessarily work and may create unhelpful expectations for the future. At a club that seems to need a considerable investment in capital infrastructure and a new management structure I don't think it is in your longer term interests anyway.

39 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They'd sell just as many ST's at £300 as they would at £200. They'd be foolish, in my opinion, to reduce the prices...

I wouldn't 

You're talking bollocks again as you do when you say we should steam roller this, that and the other team or when you're all over Twitter saying a bet on an Oldham win is "printing money"

Have you canvassed fans?

Of course you haven't 

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I wouldn't 

You're talking bollocks again as you do when you say we should steam roller this, that and the other team or when you're all over Twitter saying a bet on an Oldham win is "printing money"

Have you canvassed fans?

Of course you haven't 

You're an angry man sometimes, Chaddyexile84. 

Just because I haven't asked you doesn't mean I haven't canvassed a portion of the Oldham fanbase...

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Winger for Halifax has gone on Love Island. I imagine they'll be tearing his deal up after this breach of contract but certainly not ideal preparation two weeks before the new season...

They should've taken Stobbs instead

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I wouldn't 

Have you canvassed fans?

Of course you haven't 

Again, the number of people on here and twitter that said they'd be back as soon as ALMO went was huge. I never saw one person state there was a price ceiling on their decision to come back...it's almost like if that excuse of ALMO goes, they need to find another

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Again, the number of people on here and twitter that said they'd be back as soon as ALMO went was huge. I never saw one person state there was a price ceiling on their decision to come back...it's almost like if that excuse of ALMO goes, they need to find another

Mate I live on my own and have to prioritise bills,  especially these days 

Sorry that doesn't fit your rhetoric but you're another troll who doesn't think about personal circumstances 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Mate I live on my own and have to prioritise bills

Sorry that doesn't fit your rhetoric but you're another troll who doesn't think about personal circumstances 

Nobody is saying you don't. But I imagine that kind of circumstance isn't in the majority when it comes to the boycotters

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You’re generalising how the fanbase pay to watch. 

I’d say we have circa 5/6 thousand fans. The vast majority of those are POTD, who pick and choose based on a number of factors- the main one being AL, when the takeover is done some of these will return, some will wait till we win a few games, some will still just go away for the day out. A few will buy a season ticket with the renewed hope. 

The amount of season ticket holders, who had one- stopped going- and are now saying they won’t with new owners charging £300 is absolutely minuscule. 

That’s why they need to make them cheaper, not to entice lapsed season tickets holders- they’ll get them anyway. But to get the casual potd fan to more games. £200/£225 from a season ticket is better than £100/£150 from potd. 

It’s a no brainer, and I’ll be very surprised if they don’t capitalise.  

lve spent 90% of my life in a position where l will skip meals to watch Latics.

the difference between £200 and £300 is about a months stretched out food shopping and wind up merchants either wana be wind up merchants or ignorant twats fair do's.

but £200 adult and cheap as fuck for u23's under new ownership will have 6000 in.

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

You’re generalising how the fanbase pay to watch. 

I’d say we have circa 5/6 thousand fans. The vast majority of those are POTD, who pick and choose based on a number of factors- the main one being AL, when the takeover is done some of these will return, some will wait till we win a few games, some will still just go away for the day out. A few will buy a season ticket with the renewed hope. 

The amount of season ticket holders, who had one- stopped going- and are now saying they won’t with new owners charging £300 is absolutely minuscule. 

That’s why they need to make them cheaper, not to entice lapsed season tickets holders- they’ll get them anyway. But to get the casual potd fan to more games. £200/£225 from a season ticket is better than £100/£150 from potd. 

It’s a no brainer, and I’ll be very surprised if they don’t capitalise.  

It's an interesting debate. Obviously cheaper is better when it comes to the fans, but in terms of pure revenue will the increase in the number of those paying at cheaper prices cover the losses incurred by charging less to those who would have paid the higher price anyway?

Then there's the benefit of having more in the ground for more noise supporting the team, increased match day takings etc. I think in the end it probably ends up being a close call on the best route to go. But my hunch would be that owners would possibly do it to generate goodwill but have to accept it may see lower revenue generated.

33 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It's an interesting debate. Obviously cheaper is better when it comes to the fans, but in terms of pure revenue will the increase in the number of those paying at cheaper prices cover the losses incurred by charging less to those who would have paid the higher price anyway?

Then there's the benefit of having more in the ground for more noise supporting the team, increased match day takings etc. I think in the end it probably ends up being a close call on the best route to go. But my hunch would be that owners would possibly do it to generate goodwill but have to accept it may see lower revenue generated.

its difficult for me to discuss 'common sense' bc apparantley lve got none, but..

33 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

but in terms of pure revenue will the increase in the number of those paying at cheaper prices cover the losses incurred by charging less to those who would have paid the higher price

Yeah, that’s fair. Not thought about it like that. 

It has to work financially, and without knowing the figure’s it’s hard to know. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

lve spent 90% of my life in a position where l will skip meals to watch Latics.

the difference between £200 and £300 is about a months stretched out food shopping and wind up merchants either wana be wind up merchants or ignorant twats fair do's.

but £200 adult and cheap as fuck for u23's under new ownership will have 6000 in.

There won't be 6000 there in this league even if tickets are 50 quid, at least not until we start acting like the big fishes we are.

47 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, that’s fair. Not thought about it like that. 

It has to work financially, and without knowing the figure’s it’s hard to know. 

just make it up, that's what got me where l am now 😂

Archived