Non-League stuff.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Excellent initiative from Grimsby Town and their Trust in response to exorbitant ticket prices being charged for NL play off final. 
https://gtfc.co.uk/club-statement-ticket-donations/?fbclid=IwAR3l5Q48sPNkG4h1zX1OxTWDJp0VDXbVzIMJcEQeXZ9GDrM1K-UJouDvtR4

Great initiative I agree but wtf are the EFL doing charging such huge prices - if indeed it is they who set the ticket price 😮

9 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Excellent initiative from Grimsby Town and their Trust in response to exorbitant ticket prices being charged for NL play off final. 
https://gtfc.co.uk/club-statement-ticket-donations/?fbclid=IwAR3l5Q48sPNkG4h1zX1OxTWDJp0VDXbVzIMJcEQeXZ9GDrM1K-UJouDvtR4

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Great initiative I agree but wtf are the EFL doing charging such huge prices - if indeed it is they who set the ticket price 😮

Think it’s the National League who have set the prices. 

Fortunately for them Vanarama have stepped in to support both clubs

Personally I couldn’t see SkyBet doing that in the EFL, so that’s one very minor positive of being non-league a more self-aware sponsor.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 1:43 PM, Monty Burns said:

changed my mind, don't like the Gaffer he's playin to the camera.

seems to know a bit about Football but has too many different voices and says stuff like 'do me a favour try very very hard for me' 🤮

l want him to get sacked but l can see how that mite not be possible!!

He seems a nice enough guy, I guess you don't have to like him to still enjoy the series. The last game of the season - the playoff final - has just gone up on the Bunch of Amateurs Youtube page, it's worth a watch.

And they're back for next season too apparently, so watch out for the Latics encounters.

For the Bunch of Amateurs completists and nerds, Barks has just joined Corinthian Casuals management team in the Isthmian League Prem (step 3).

The Dorking story is absolutely extraordinary and they won’t be push overs next season….their record is better than a promotion every two seasons…..13 promotions in 22 seasons!!!!!

….and all of that from literally nothing and the same bloke running the club, negotiating ground purchases, sponsorship deals and managing the 1st team at a serious level with no prior coaching experience of any significance….and he presumably does this part time whilst running another business

I doubt there is a greater football story ever

11 hours ago, Matt said:

He seems a nice enough guy, I guess you don't have to like him to still enjoy the series. The last game of the season - the playoff final - has just gone up on the Bunch of Amateurs Youtube page, it's worth a watch.

And they're back for next season too apparently, so watch out for the Latics encounters.

For the Bunch of Amateurs completists and nerds, Barks has just joined Corinthian Casuals management team in the Isthmian League Prem (step 3).

Football in the raw - Life in the lower leagues captured perfectly- powerful stuff!

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Wonder if they'll be some sort of incentive/reduced price for season tickets when the takeover is completed?

Think it would be foolish to do so. They can make them 300 quid and get just as many as they would if they reduced them...

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I understand your thinking but shelling  out £300 for a National League ST in the present financial climate would not be a priority for many!

Fair point although plenty will be spending more in a weekend getting trollied on the English Riviera. 

17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I understand your thinking but shelling  out £300 for a National League ST in the present financial climate would not be a priority for many!

You may be right but I suspect anyone willing to pay 200 would also pay 300...

Archived