Non-League stuff.

May as well get used to it. I guess.

National League /Conf (I guess we'll find out what it's called)
Wrexham consildate 2nd place acurently., now 4pts clear of Pete Wild's Halifax.

Notts Co consolidate they're play off place.
Boreham Wood are falling away, defeat at Southend  means 1 in the last 12. So almost certain we'll be playing them

Aldershot within a whikser of ensuring their survivial, drawing 1-1 and 1 pt of safety with  only Kings Lynn able to catch them. Kings Lynn,  Weymouth & Dover look destined to drop out. Not the worst news for Oldham based fans.

NLN

York move into the play off spots with a 1-0 win at lower mid table Chester

Alfreton are making a late surge for the play offs. a 4-2 win at home to Curzon AShton almost kills of Curzon's faint hopes. Alfreton are 1pt off Boston and 2 off York for the last two spots.

NLS

! game was middle table and doesn't affect us.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Soften the blow

Hooters next door to Notts County

Lots of new grounds to visit despite far away. 

Hope and pray we get out and within 3 years

This - we still have a team and a faint hope that these reprobates are on their way, what worries me most is that any new owner will have shitpeas clinging to them offering his 'services', even worse he being part of any syndicate interested.

Stockport County -Northern (Promoted)

Wrexham - Northern (play offs)

FC Halifax Town - Northern (play offs)

Solihull Moors - brum (play offs)

Notts County - hooters away (play offs) 

Grimsby Town - Northen (play offs)

Dagenham & Redbridge -  Southern

Boreham Wood - Southern 

Torquay United -  Southern 

Bromley - Southern

Southend United - Sarf End.. Essex.. Southern 

Yeovil Town - Southern 

Woking - Southern 

Altrincham - our new derby game 🙄

Wealdstone - ya wan sum?! Southern 
Maidenhead United - Southern 

Barnet -Southern 

Eastleigh - Southern 

Aldershot Town - Southern 

King's Lynn - almost relegated Southern 

Weymouth - relegated Southern 

Dover Athletic - relegated calais away

9 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Anyone else sort of hoping Wrexham go up so the two biggest spenders are out of the league?

Absolutely. We won't compete next year but get them gone ASAP.

As much as I'd ordinarily enjoy renewing acquaintances with Stockport, getting dicked 5-0 at Edgeley Park has little appeal.

1 minute ago, jsslatic said:

Absolutely. We won't compete next year but get them gone ASAP.

As much as I'd ordinarily enjoy renewing acquaintances with Stockport, getting dicked 5-0 at Edgeley Park has little appeal.

Agreed.. I used to love County and Wrexham away but with the way they are both splashing the cash I don't want to play them if we can avoid it.

1 hour ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Agreed.. I used to love County and Wrexham away but with the way they are both splashing the cash I don't want to play them if we can avoid it.

Wrexham just down the road from me in Cheshire West and Stockport would have been a great local game for me too, but probably best if both get promoted

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Stockport aren't promoted yet.  Wrexham are only 4 points behind with four matches left.

Yes, there is still some life in the race yet. Stockport should fall over the line and Wrexham are the side with all the momentum. They put six past Weymouth last night.

Assuming they are the two who make it, I think Halifax, Chesterfield Solihull and Notts County are all well placed for a big push next season.  Dagenham are no mugs, Grimsby, Torquay and Yeovil should be very competitive. 

It's harder to see who the strugglers will be. I'm assuming that the two play-off winners in NLN and NLS will find it quite a step up, but I have no idea how good Maidstone and Gateshead will be. Aldershot are a good bet I guess, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bromley and Boreham Wood fall back. Wealdstone are doing well to be there at all, I think.  Scunthorpe are likely to find it hard - and where you will be is very much in the lap of the gods.

Spent a bit of time over my morning coffee going through a non league guide site today looking at the clubs.

Seems like a few don't do segregation and if there's terracing you can be looking at 12 to 15 quid to get in.

Maidenhead apparently rent extra bogs in if they have a big crowd and Wealdstone have upgraded their catering facilities to do gourmet burgers (their words not mine), although I'm not sure that attachment will open!

Welcome to a whole new world.

lynns-gourmet-burgers-wealdtone.webp

9 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Anyone else sort of hoping Wrexham go up so the two biggest spenders are out of the league?

Dorking, Ebbsfleet, Fylde who could all replace these teams from their regional divisions have about the same spending power - if not more. Spennymoor, outside of the playoffs in the NLN - and a few more are waiting in the wings.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Dorking, Ebbsfleet, Fylde who could all replace these teams from their regional divisions have about the same spending power - if not more. Spennymoor, outside of the playoffs in the NLN - and a few more are waiting in the wings.

What a time to be alive.

Archived