Playing Squad - Summer 22

Note: while clubs voted in favour of five usable subs per game in the National League, it did not reach the 75% threshold for the rules to be changed.

So it's still maximum 5 subs named on the bench, of which 3 can be used per game..

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see if there is a budget for players this season or if we are going to make good use of the loan market, squad looks heavy as it is and loans may hamper some players progression, anyone who comes in now needs to have the quality to seriously improve us, we don't need anymore bodies with 16 man matchday squads. 

6 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Wasn't aware there is no transfer window in the National League.

It appears anyone can sign anyone up until the end of March which is a registration deadline.

I think the National League may have the same transfer deadline as the loan deadline in the EFL, so 4th Thursday of November to January 1st and then after the 4th Thursday in March, no transfers.

We have;

Hogan

Couto

Gardner

Burgess

Sheron

Windass

Vaughan

On deals which stretch further than this season, of the rest some of whom won't have a club to go to at the end of this season they can all go, our squad is littered with serial losers, it's fucking harsh but they are gash and lacking in basic ability and heart, you cannot polish a turd and this squad is dog shit, one or two of the retained I'd be looking to ship out as well, they just aren't good enough, says much about them when one or two of them are hiding behind the physio and treatment table, Unsworth needs to be shown some patience this isn't a quick fix unfortunately and it's gonna cost us time and money to sort it out.

Feel sorry for the loan lads who at least have the balls to cross the line and go out there each week and give their all.

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

‘Unsworth needs to be shown some patience’

Absolutely…..He gets all this season and all next for me and hopefully we’ll see some progress but it’s going to be a long job!!!

I'd like Unsworth to get each and every player to do a post-match interview and explain why they played like a gutless shower of crap.

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

‘Unsworth needs to be shown some patience’

Absolutely…..He gets all this season and all next for me and hopefully we’ll see some progress but it’s going to be a long job!!!

He gets half a season like anybody else should do.

23 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We have;

Hogan

Couto

Gardner

Burgess

Sheron

Windass

Vaughan

On deals which stretch further than this season, of the rest some of whom won't have a club to go to at the end of this season they can all go,

With the exception of Windass who I've not seen play yet, all of those players will be at least squad players next season.

Out of the 10 players missing yesterday, how many would people have starting instead of yesterday's team?

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Hogan,

Sutton,

Angol,

Gardner,

Vaughan,

Hope,

Porter

Yeah that sounds about right to me.  They aren't amazing players but they would certainly make a difference in key areas.

I'm worried about next week against Wrexham but the following 5 fixtures are all matches that we should be winning.  Hopefully there will be some of those players back, but even without them I'd expect Unsworth to get this squad into a state where they can win these matches.

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Yeah that sounds about right to me.  They aren't amazing players but they would certainly make a difference in key areas.

I'm worried about next week against Wrexham but the following 5 fixtures are all matches that we should be winning.  Hopefully there will be some of those players back, but even without them I'd expect Unsworth to get this squad into a state where they can win these matches.

This evening I got around to watching the BT highlights of the weekend’s National League matches.

Our defending was atrocious for all three goals conceded. So many of the other teams look superior to us.

Notts County, Chesterfield and Wrexham in particular seem to have good players throughout their side.

It’ll take a hell of a week on the training ground to prevent another home defeat next Saturday 😮

10 players injured, 2 on international duty, and DU, 4 days into his tenure, 

has to put out a team from whoever remains available.

This team then has to play on an unnatural surface against a team at full strength who should know how it plays as well as an OAFC team did in the past, and they did ok on it didn’t they? 

So it’s no surprise then that we lost, is it?

DU then said he’s going shopping this week didn’t he?

Bring it on, big time! 

Archived