Julie Cross

19 hours ago, LaticMark said:

The following, from the Football Supporters' Association, may be worth a read if you've received a banning letter:

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fsa-faircop-we-need-to-talk-about-club-bans/

Mark

This is all you need to know

"As a private business a football club can ban whoever they like from their property. If you read the terms and conditions that come with your season ticket they’ll say it could be withdrawn for breaching ground regulations but ultimately clubs give themselves the right to cancel a season ticket “in whole or part by the club without providing any reason”.

The rest of the article is about the morality of a club imposing such bans and as you know, respecting our playing staff, club staff or our loyal supporters has never been a foundation of the Lemsagam Regime

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tGWB said:

Mark

This is all you need to know

"As a private business a football club can ban whoever they like from their property. If you read the terms and conditions that come with your season ticket they’ll say it could be withdrawn for breaching ground regulations but ultimately clubs give themselves the right to cancel a season ticket “in whole or part by the club without providing any reason”.

The rest of the article is about the morality of a club imposing such bans and as you know, respecting our playing staff, club staff or our loyal supporters has never been a foundation of the Lemsagam Regime

There is another section worth noting:

"A club can refuse to sell tickets to away games but they have no power whatsoever to ban an individual from another stadium. None. Further, there is nothing in law or terms and conditions to say you can’t buy from or be given a ticket by a third party."

The banning letter sent by the club also states: “In addition, your name will be circulated to other clubs in the National Conference League* and you will be prevented from buying tickets for away fixtures.”

Under data protection law, are they allowed to send your name (I presume they don't mean other details as well) to other clubs?

* Since when has it been called the National Conference League? I thought that was a rugby league competition.

Surely the away tickets bit is just clumsy phrasing. Probably means that they won’t be able to buy through Latics. No power to stop someone going direct to the away club and buying from it. 
No need to get knickers in a twist about data protection 

2 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Surely the away tickets bit is just clumsy phrasing. Probably means that they won’t be able to buy through Latics. No power to stop someone going direct to the away club and buying from it. 

What's to stop anyone  who hasn't been banned buying a ticket on line for them?

18 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

They have both been on the website much longer than that 

Admittedly I have kept it as up to date as I used to but they weren't on in it up to June 2021 when it was Steve Clarke, after that it was Julie Nichol so it's the first time I've had a notification about her. 

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Admittedly I have kept it as up to date as I used to but they weren't on in it up to June 2021 when it was Steve Clarke, after that it was Julie Nichol so it's the first time I've had a notification about her. 

Maybe I'm getting my Julie's mixed up. She was definitely on there in April as I emailed her about the blocked fire exits at the Salford game

Didn't get a response 

52 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What's to stop anyone  who hasn't been banned buying a ticket on line for them?

At any club triggers can be programmed to stop just anyone doing do. Could be postcode based , could be surname , and so on. So Latics could do that but it wouldn’t stop purchase through another club. 

Of course Latics could ask the other club not to sell online and only through the Oldham ticket office. But that would have negative impact on income so they may well turn down any such request.

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

No it's not clumsy it's deliberate these are vindictive men unfortunately.

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

There is another section worth noting:

"A club can refuse to sell tickets to away games but they have no power whatsoever to ban an individual from another stadium. None. Further, there is nothing in law or terms and conditions to say you can’t buy from or be given a ticket by a third party."

The banning letter sent by the club also states: “In addition, your name will be circulated to other clubs in the National Conference League* and you will be prevented from buying tickets for away fixtures.”

Under data protection law, are they allowed to send your name (I presume they don't mean other details as well) to other clubs?

* Since when has it been called the National Conference League? I thought that was a rugby league competition.

Mark

i have read a couple of the letters banning named supporters from Boundary Park and yes it does mention names being circulated to other clubs in the league 

Barry Owen may be many things but I have not got him down as an idiot and all these posts on social media will have warned him off circulating the names of our supporters to other clubs 

Maybe a small victory in some fans minds but for me he likely knew the rules and his letter was more ‘piss n bravado’ than being a real threat 

14 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Mark

i have read a couple of the letters banning named supporters from Boundary Park and yes it does mention names being circulated to other clubs in the league 

Barry Owen may be many things but I have not got him down as an idiot and all these posts on social media will have warned him off circulating the names of our supporters to other clubs 

Maybe a small victory in some fans minds but for me he likely knew the rules and his letter was more ‘piss n bravado’ than being a real threat 

I'm amazed as I have him down as nothing but an idiot 

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I'm amazed as I have him down as nothing but an idiot 

You underestimate him 

Much better to see him as some Marvel Comic Villain 

Lets be honest, he’s been taking the piss out of us for two decades, instrumental in ruining our club

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

You underestimate him 

Much better to see him as some Marvel Comic Villain 

Lets be honest, he’s been taking the piss out of us for two decades, instrumental in ruining our club

Most of the Tactical Aid Unit of GMP must also underestimate him as they too have him down as a complete buffoon 

31 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Most of the Tactical Aid Unit of GMP must also underestimate him as they too have him down as a complete buffoon 

tbh Chaddy I cant remember anyone of the TAU sitting on our Board of Directors for most of the last two decades 

Might be wrong mind 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

He’s a fucking idiot who thinks he’s really clever. 

He has been on the Board under the last 3 ‘owners’ over the last 20 years 

Like it or not he must carry some kudos with them to have surviived 

We might not like it but its a fact and he is still around taking the piss out of us 

8 minutes ago, tGWB said:

We might not like it but its a fact and he is still around taking the piss out of us 

And look what’s happened to us in the last 20 years. 

Yes it’s a fact that he’s still around and taking the piss, but it’s not because of his intellect. 

8 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Barry had the ability to keep his finger in a pie he should have been kicked out of a long time ago. His mate the Chief Constable got him the job as head of the TAU, which was the Chief Constable's idea. Barry knew the special handshake and I understand Private Eye are running something on that Chief Constable in their latest issue.

He isn't anywhere near as clever as he thinks he is and it isn't clumsiness that he is going on record saying the club will breach GDPR it's incompetence. The same incompetence when he put his phone number on Twitter only to ask Twitter to take it off. 

This thread has a long list of Barry's incompetence in it but doesn't cover anything later than summer 2019.

Barry is a incompetent hypocrite and the sooner AL, Mo and Morallee realise that he is doing more harm than good the better.

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

And look what’s happened to us in the last 20 years. 

Yes it’s a fact that he’s still around and taking the piss, but it’s not because of his intellect. 

I didnt say he was clever 

I said that I havent got him down as an idiot 

Our loathing for the man clouds the thinking of many of us 

3 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

At any club triggers can be programmed to stop just anyone doing do. Could be postcode based , could be surname , and so on. So Latics could do that but it wouldn’t stop purchase through another club. 

Of course Latics could ask the other club not to sell online and only through the Oldham ticket office. But that would have negative impact on income so they may well turn down any such request.

I don't think anyone need have any worries - particularly for away games. One mate buys 3 tickets - gives 2 to who he likes. They are not going to start asking for ID at turnstiles are they?!

Don't worry about home games - boycott them anyway. In fact, we should all start sending our names to the club for a "voluntary banning from BP please".

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

I didnt say he was clever 

I said that I havent got him down as an idiot 

Our loathing for the man clouds the thinking of many of us 

An idiot is someone who isn’t clever isn’t it? He’s an idiot in my opinion.

But he’s not without talent. His ability to bootlick his way into key roles at our club then run it into the ground is second to none. 

BO bullshits with authority. He name drops all the time.  That coupled with the number of years he has been around means those with little experience of running a football club (and let’s face it, after losing almost all other members of admin with any experience, there aren’t many left) easily look up to him and take his advice.

53 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

An idiot is someone who isn’t clever isn’t it? He’s an idiot in my opinion.

But he’s not without talent. His ability to bootlick his way into key roles at our club then run it into the ground is second to none. 

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

BO bullshits with authority. He name drops all the time.  That coupled with the number of years he has been around means those with little experience of running a football club (and let’s face it, after losing almost all other members of admin with any experience, there aren’t many left) easily look up to him and take his advice.

We need to work out what he brings to the table not just keep slinging mud at him cos nothing seems to stick 

Archived