Julie Cross

39 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'm unaware any fire exits were boarded up. Boards held up by people is not quite the same as being boarded up as security staff could have moved out of the way in less than a second had they needed to. I'm sure the relevant authorities have already looked at it.

True, the stewards could have moved out of the way, they could have moved the boards out of the way too. But health and safety law doesn’t take that into consideration. If you block a fire escape, you block a fire escape. I don’t think the boards were only held up by people either, those boards are heavy and cumbersome, two people are not going to be able to hold them in place for 15 minutes. 

The club instructed safety staff to block the fire escape. The relevant authorities won’t have finished looking into it. As unlike when the club falsely claims there is no right of appeal, the punishment for blocking fire escapes has a right of appeal. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PeteG said:

I'm unaware any fire exits were boarded up. Boards held up by people is not quite the same as being boarded up as security staff could have moved out of the way in less than a second had they needed to. I'm sure the relevant authorities have already looked at it.

Irrelevant, blocking a fire escape is blocking a fire escape regardless of how quickly said blockage can be removed.

Why do you think signs say "fire exits must be kept clear at all times"

Your mate and the club broke the law

Credentials: Health and Safety Advisor with NEBOSH General & Construction certificates

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

You are fucking boring

I would be very interested in the fire risk assessments drafted and approved before a restriction of any type is applied to a fire exit / escape?

presumably these can be provided or are we being misled. 
As for the qualifications to decide if someone is breaking the law, that is confined to a judge or magistrate? Even the police make a “charge” which has to be supported by those with judicial qualifications?

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

Brushing over the fact that the non-bold part is a laughably poor argument, I'm curious to know how sure you are about the part in bold?  Is it 100%?  Maybe 50%?

Advocating prosecuting fans for involvement in a peaceful protest whilst defending the blocking of fire exits puts Barry's bitch in the same envelope as the Tory cunts who still defend our so called prime minister. We have our own Nadine Dorries. 

41 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Advocating prosecuting fans for involvement in a peaceful protest whilst defending the blocking of fire exits puts Barry's bitch in the same envelope as the Tory cunts who still defend our so called prime minister. We have our own Nadine Dorries. 

I don't advocate prosecuting fans but describing it as a peaceful protest is stretching credibility somewhat given the match had to be abandoned...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

I don't advocate prosecuting fans but describing it as a peaceful protest is stretching credibility somewhat given the match had to be abandoned...

No it didn’t it had to be suspended. It continued behind closed doors therefore it wasn’t abandoned. 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No it didn’t it had to be suspended. It continued behind closed doors therefore it wasn’t abandoned. 

Being the pedantic type, wasn't it officially abandoned by the ref at first and then he later decided to play the rest of the match ?

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'd say it was incredibly restrained given the shit the current incumbents have put us through the last few years. Yes people encroached onto the pitch to make their point but as far as I'm aware nobody was violent and no small animals were harmed in the making of any videos that appeared on the internet subsequently.

39 minutes ago, redlion said:

Being the pedantic type, wasn't it officially abandoned by the ref at first and then he later decided to play the rest of the match ?

Possibly but I reckon he told the PA announcer to say that in an attempt to clear the pitch and the stands. I'm fairly confident they tried to do the same thing when Leyton Orient invaded their pitch a few years ago.

Some of us didn't buy it then. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Considering the feeling of our fans and then looking a bit wider and seeing the pitch invasions at, Port Vale, Forest, Everton and Citeee where these fans were celebrating great success by running on the pitch, resulting in Manager, players assaulted, goalposts and property vandalised.

Do you still think ours was not peaceful ?

And for the record I myself wouldn't run on a pitch.

23 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Considering the feeling of our fans and then looking a bit wider and seeing the pitch invasions at, Port Vale, Forest, Everton and Citeee where these fans were celebrating great success by running on the pitch, resulting in Manager, players and goalposts and property vandalised.

Do you still think ours was not peaceful ?

And for the record I myself wouldn't run on a pitch.

He knows it was peaceful. He's doing what he does. 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

C'mon man. You've seen the images and videos. It couldn't have been any more peaceful...

19 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Anybody had any dealings with Julie Cross? Is she a fan or does she just work for the club independently?

I'm interested because these letters sent out to fans are signed off;

'For and on behalf of the club Safety Officer Julie Cross' with an ineligible signature which has been signed on her behalf (pp).

As she actually had any input to these decisions given we know Barry Owen is advising and if not why are these letters being signed off and sent out without her signature, we know there have been meetings this week and it would be interesting to know if she attended and for what reason these letters have gone out signed on her behalf particularly when someone has spoken to the local press claiming he is giving the security advice to the club which if nothing else undermines that ladies position, all a bit strange to me and maybe the reporter at the Oldham Times can ask her the questions.

Bit sad seeing these kids letters they've received in the post and a weird stance for the club to take given they have encouraged this behaviour through their social media accounts in recent months.

Barry Owen's signature.

1 hour ago, Fred Dibnah said:

Barry Owen's signature.

So in the absence of the clubs safety officer it appears he is signing off letters in a vindictive manner to fuel his own agenda?

Having listened back again to his BPAS interview it is clear that a lot of the shit this club faces stems from this one man raising concerns with the relevant authorities be it the FA, EFL or in some cases the police force, it really as if he wants the club to fail and he is integral to us doing just that for a decade or more, it's obvious that his one aim in life is to be the one calling the shots on a day to day basis and Karl Evans for all his faults saw right through the buffoon and fucked him off, somehow he has managed to wriggle his way back in to the fold and I'll repeat again that in my opinion nothing should stand in anyones way from getting this man out of the club as a priority. 

9 hours ago, PeteG said:

What legal expertise do you need to know what qualifications someone requires to identify somebody breaking the law?

I wouldn't pursue this if I were you. If your posts get any more convoluted you may disappear up your own fundament.

13 minutes ago, singe said:

Julie Cross (And Mark Ogden) was added to the Contact Us page of t'fishul as Safety Officer on 3rd or 4th May.  Conveniently. The timing may relevant....

They have both been on the website much longer than that 

13 hours ago, singe said:

Julie Cross (And Mark Ogden) was added to the Contact Us page of t'fishul as Safety Officer on 3rd or 4th May.  Conveniently. The timing may relevant....

Contact us, the understatement of the year.

Archived