28 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

I imagine JW Lees could see some value in owning and running the OEC

Last time they were only interested in selling beer on a match day. Otherwise, apart from the assets, they didn't give a toss or invest.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@greatest 786 has tweeted The new guy who is coming in as the new owners. He worked with oldham council and owns cabins.

Frank Rothwell who owns Manchester Cabins was made a business ambassador by the council last December and they've been around since 1979... Google eh 😉

May be true may not but that's where the tweet and a quick google search led me.

5 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

@greatest 786 has tweeted The new guy who is coming in as the new owners. He worked with oldham council and owns cabins.

Frank Rothwell who owns Manchester Cabins was made a business ambassador by the council last December and they've been around since 1979... Google eh 😉

May be true may not but that's where the tweet and a quick google search led me.

Fuck me, ibbys back 🙈

31 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Plenty have said it isn't about results, it's just about having a nice club.

On another note, I'm hopeful it all goes through and the useless fucks are replaced by competent people

Plenty? not too many on here I haven't seen them.

Well a toxic atmosphere around the club over the last 4 years and towards the back end of Corneys time has definitely failed to deliver results. It's been proved time and time again that in any workplace happy workers are productive workers.

So I'd rather we give a happy nicer club where the players managers staff and fans are all on the same page a go. I reckon it's far more likely to produce a winning culture.

15 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Fuck me, ibbys back 🙈

Ah right I think I get it now having gone back on twitter, take it the guy who posted that tweet could be a bullshitter?

Stopped using twitter years ago as I couldn't get the hang of it, I'd reply to the wrong bit of the conversation and 5 replies later I'd be talking to a bloke in the Faroes about herring fishing...

Only started looking at it in the last few days specifically at Latics.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Tidy the place up. Cut the weeds. Tarmac the effin car park!

the place need to be made more welcoming and pleasant.

True, walking access all around the ground is a disgrace at the moment.

Great news. Cautiously optimistic.

Be great if it goes through new owner

Asset locks BP/club so they are not separated again.

Gears up for EFL reform. Invites fans on shadow boards, golden share or even shares in both.

And as I have seen laticsandEngland post on twitter...rolls out a 3 year plan.

Ooooo.....a new beginning 

1 minute ago, Inspectormorose. said:

Ah right I think I get it now having gone back on twitter, take it the guy who posted that tweet could be a bullshitter?

Stopped using twitter years ago as I couldn't get the hang of it, I'd reply to the wrong bit of the conversation and 5 replies later I'd be talking to a bloke in the Faroes about herring fishing...

Only started looking at it in the last few days specifically at Latics.

Used to post on here, supports about 15 clubs and has contacts at every one of them.

Was a pain in the arse but I think he has issues to be fair.

4 minutes ago, philwhite said:

I’m confused why the FLG and OEC were on the welcoming committee to meet the OASF,PTB and BPAS and Shez.

Maybe some of the old regime are still involved ?

Because they probably realise (quite wisely) that getting these people onside abd engaging with them will give their ownership a far better chance of succeeding.

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why were Oldham council updates throughout the process? Seems strange? 

ACV? Just a guess.

But in previous OASF meetings they always voiced their concern if Oldham lost its club and impact on the work of OACT.

When the club does well the town does well

Kev will be desperately trying to get an answer from someone at the club about his "meeting" next week after reading about today's events on the €1 for 15mins dial up internet in his hotel reception.

8 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Kev will be desperately trying to get an answer from someone at the club about his "meeting" next week after reading about today's events on the €1 for 15mins dial up internet in his hotel reception.

He's an absolute twatwaffle, that bloke - in his video, he kind of reminds me of that BoSelecta!

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Last time they were only interested in selling beer on a match day. Otherwise, apart from the assets, they didn't give a toss or invest.

Wasnt the Sports centre and Club  behind the Chaddy End a nice little earner for them?

25 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

some scenes are so easily imaginable that they can't be anything but reality!!!!

7 minutes ago, another fan said:

Wasnt the Sports centre and Club  behind the Chaddy End a nice little earner for them?

I think so. Didn't we have to sell it to them pay the tax and stop us from going bust? I could be getting things mixed up.

16 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l'm quite surprised at the level people have let themselves go here. Latics nearly always fuck shit up in a literal heartbeat and this has got a month to run yet.

admitedly, it does look good, but why they tellin us now?

This won't head west from here Monty. The biggest stumbling blocks to a sale going through were always Simon Blitz and Abdallah Lemsagam that bridge has been crossed. It's probably just a case of going through the legal loopholes which for Sports clubs is more complicated than normal businesses. This will be a new dawn for us.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This won't head west from here Monty. The biggest stumbling blocks to a sale going through were always Simon Blitz and Abdallah Lemsagam that bridge has been crossed. It's probably just a case of going through the legal loopholes which for Sports clubs is more complicated than normal businesses. This will be a new dawn for us.

oh in my head lve already played out the season six times it's fuckin amazing and we didnt even get promoted in one of them!!

but you know me, tho. cautious. sensible. hesitant. 😬.

Archived