• Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think we’ve lost sight of the basics. 

Sack the stench.

Employ good people. 

Engage with fans. 

Don’t create unnecessary shitstorms. 

That alone will make things a million times better. 

This

And in all honesty, I'm not interested in seeing a 3 year, 5 year, 125 year plan

Just bloody do it and let the results be seen in tangible form 

47 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What 20 priorities come before it...?

They're all about re-establishing a proper football club. Short term crap like thinking Queensy Menig was a good idea is a major reason why we are where we are. 

9 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It’s great we have got rid of AL but I want to win games and be exciting and spend money. Don’t want to tread water being a well run club… boring. Give me some excitement.

Just let it get reset. You need a base first 

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They're all about re-establishing a proper football club. Short term crap like thinking Queensy Menig was a good idea is a major reason why we are where we are. 

Obviously we don't want to make daft signings like that but I'd like to think that we can give John Sheridan a relatively competitive budget for this level and let him get on with it while the new regime fixes all the of the pitch stuff.

We should be better geared in 12 months time granted but even a moderate recruitment budget could see us challenge the top 7.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Obviously we don't want to make daft signings like that but I'd like to think that we can give John Sheridan a relatively competitive budget for this level and let him get on with it while the new regime fixes all the of the pitch stuff.

We should be better geared in 12 months time granted but even a moderate recruitment budget could see us challenge the top 7.

I'd love to see it just like everyone else, I just don't see it as the immediate priority 

The Hutt has recovered from the shock and rallied his Troops

Screenshots on Twitter of Birkett and Partington on FB saying:

New owner worth no more than AL

Blitz just happy he won't be getting prosecuted

No club in 3 years

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Someone asked about priorities well, along with rescinding the bans issued by the Hutt - lifetime bans for these not rights needs to be number 1

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd love to see it just like everyone else, I just don't see it as the immediate priority 

See I understand where you are coming and to a large extent I'm agreeing with you I just think while we are rebuilding the club off the pitch we could well be competitive on it in the 5th tier. Not to the extent where Wrexham are currently but to a level that sees us compete with the top 7 clubs it won't take that much of a shift. 

15 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No club in 3 years

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Someone asked about priorities well, along with rescinding the bans issued by the Hutt - lifetime bans for these not rights needs to be number 1

Yes  I saw  that. It's amazing how some folk can manufacture a doomsday scenario before they  have  confirmed who the new owner actually is. And yet ignore all the evidence about the current custodian (sic) that is staring them in the face.

4 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Yes  I saw  that. It's amazing how some folk can manufacture a doomsday scenario before they  have  confirmed who the new owner actually is. And yet ignore all the evidence about the current custodian (sic) that is staring them in the face.

It's because Shitpeas was all over this season preparing himself to Billy Big Bollocks his way around the National Leqgue grounds as the self appointed CEO of OAFC that he thought he was.

I'd be very surprised if he is seen at a match again and neither will Birkett as both are likely to get filled in, I'm not condoning that but it is highly likely that both will get weighed in at some stage given the hatred towards them.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, WLYOWD said:

It’s the hope that kills you…..

There were several occasions since AL bought the club that had me hoping it would now turn out ok. 
My complete loss of faith in the current regime happened after the Paul Scholes debacle.

I understand fans that will never boycott, that is there choice not mine, I have not spent a penny on anything club related since then and wont until ALMOBOFO 

2 of my 3 sons have attended some games and will probably continue to do so, like I said it’s their choice.

I will always love Oldham Athletic though.

I also appreciate the work put in by numerous fans in their efforts to get this current regime out. Thanks 

Here I go again ……Hope returns 🤣🤣

Any new owner shouldn’t be coming out saying they’re aiming for promotion. 

I’d like them to come out and say they’re going to invest time and money in the people and infrastructure of the club so that it is able to compete at the level above where we are now. Would be good if they gave specifics too so they can be judged on their actions rather than the sort of vague promises we’ve been fed before. 

If they get that right then income will go up, better players and coaches come in and promotion looks a lot more likely. 

Chucking a couple of million at an immediate promotion push then everyone shitting the bed if we’re not top by Christmas isn’t the way to go. 

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's because Shitpeas was all over this season preparing himself to Billy Big Bollocks his way around the National Leqgue grounds as the self appointed CEO of OAFC that he thought he was.

I'd be very surprised if he is seen at a match again and neither will Birkett as both are likely to get filled in, I'm not condoning that but it is highly likely that both will get weighed in at some stage given the hatred towards them.

Thought the same myself. 

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

5 hours ago, real said:

Last annual report & accounts (way before all of this) for Portcullis suggests Frank is looking to hand the reins over to his son. Could mean Frank has time for Latics or that he's putting his feet up.

Been a change in shareholding announced for the holding company today...

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

A pair of vile individuals who are not welcome at BP. Both need to crawl back under their rocks

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No club in 3 years

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If we are going to move forward then boundary park should be open to everyone until they step out of line. Leave it in the past, let’s be the bigger people.

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

If we are going to move forward then boundary park should be open to everyone until they step out of line. Leave it in the past, let’s be the bigger people.

Yeah agree, for me a nonce dressing in Ku Klux Klan outfits, wanting to exterminate Muslims and abusing female reporters (this year alone) has stepped not just out of line but can't even see the line 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Shitpeas will always be the bigger person. 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yeah agree, for me a nonce dressing in Ku Klux Klan outfits, wanting to exterminate Muslims and abusing female reporters (this year alone) has stepped not just out of line but can't even see the line 

When u put it like that …

For me, deep pockets means nothing.  Throwing money around doesn’t prove success.  Restoring the harmony between club & fans whilst stabilising the club is more important. The thought of having our club back, removing the rot & some positivity around the place is a great feeling!

Someone who cares, unites as many fans as possible and boosts attendances is what’s needed.  The actions of the fans over the last few seasons demonstrate how passionate we are and someone coming in, embracing those fans and recognising how crucial the fans are will help rebuild our wonderful club.  Getting 3k through the door each home game is what’s needed to stabilise our income and we build from there.

Granted results are needed on the pitch but consolidating this next season is key.  Stop the slide.  I can’t wait to return to BP after my self imposed exile these last two seasons.  Packing those away grounds, cheering on our team alongside a few thousand fellow Latics fans will be a wonderful feeling.  It’ll be weird being one of the big boys in our league for once.

Archived