• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If it is him, then he doesn’t appear to have the required finance to purchase, own, and run OAFC by himself and I would imagine the supporters/OASF and PTB will be heavily involved by way of some sort of fan ownership.

28 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Made what up??

This pearl of wisdom...

The club and the stadium coming together for the first time in years is absolutely massive, and hopefully it won’t be long until the club is reaping the benefits of the JR stand, as was the original plan. 

And hopefully too, the top floor can be completed and utilised further for the club’s benefit.   

58 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

This pearl of wisdom...

No pearl of wisdom, It’s just being realistic…..In football terms it’s a drop in the ocean, we need a new main stand now, and quite possibly a new Chaddy End fairly soon. The North Stand needs finishing off and the perimeter and car park needs plenty of attention. His combined companies may be worth around £50m but a large chunk of that will be tied up in property and assets. He is rich on paper but I’m sure he won’t want to be throwing all his disposable income at it as a football clubs tends to empty one’s wallet rather quickly!

If we, as supporters get involved through a share scheme IMO that would be the way forward. I think it would be best for all concerned and should help secure a long term future for our football club which is what we all want.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No pearl of wisdom, It’s just being realistic…..In football terms it’s a drop in the ocean, we need a new main stand now, and quite possibly a new Chaddy End fairly soon. The North Stand needs finishing off and the perimeter and car park needs plenty of attention. His combined companies may be worth around £50m but a large chunk of that will be tied up in property and assets. He is rich on paper but I’m sure he won’t want to be throwing all his disposable income at it as a football clubs tends to empty one’s wallet rather quickly!

If we, as supporters get involved through a share scheme IMO that would be the way forward. I think it would be best for all concerned and should help secure a long term future for our football club which is what we all want.

Getting back in the league should be the only priority. Once that is achieved then you can start to take care of the bigger stuff. Sprucing the current facilities up shouldn't break the bank.

4 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Looks like a good shout, fair play to the Inspector. Clergyman's clue pointing to the portakabins. Some good detective work. Of course, if the wording of the press release is accurate, then it's the business not the man. So, we'll be owned by Manchester Cabins? 

Still speculation, but Rothwell looks like he'd be a good choice. Solid, not spectacular, but we really need solid.

All I did was copy and paste a tweet from who I now know is Ibby. Took about 2 minutes of googling to come up with Manchester Cabins, I'm no Hercule Poirot... Clouseau maybe 😉

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We don't know if it's him or what the plan is yet or if their are other people involved. These things will come out in the next few weeks let's give any new owners the chance to set their stall out first.

All we know is that an agreement has been reached with Simon Blitz and Abdallah Lemsagam.

Let's also not lose sight of the fact that alot of problems can be solved here that wouldn't cost anything.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We don't know if it's him or what the plan is yet or if their are other people involved. These things will come out in the next few weeks let's give any new owners the chance to set their stall out first.

All we know is that an agreement has been reached with Simon Blitz and Abdallah Lemsagam.

Let's also not lose sight of the fact that alot of problems can be solved here that wouldn't cost anything.

Let's also hope there are no skeletons in the cupboard and this goes thru relatively easily. 

Lots to be wary of still-Derby takeover was due to be completed yesterday-no announcement so far.

38 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Getting back in the league should be the only priority. Once that is achieved then you can start to take care of the bigger stuff. Sprucing the current facilities up shouldn't break the bank.

I'd say stabalise and get the house in order first, look what happened to Bury.

4 hours ago, latics22 said:

I reckon at least 5 mill 4 for str stadium 1 mill for the club, blitz may have slipped al a few bob on top to end the court case and get the deal done 

there was a number of scenarios for BP set up

• Stadium & Car park only OASF said £6 million?
  • Little wembley & Plumpton Blitz classed as housing value land so best guess £5 million
  • Everything? 

Then there is the club price with its debt.

Then we have to look as some substantial investment to get the rest of BP up to standard. 2 stands to be replaced, NS to be finished off

Some deep pockets me thinks

15 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I know the tweet is from Ibby, but it's still an interesting shout. Rothwell set up Manchester Cabins from his then home in Royton. He currently lives in Greenfield, so he's definitely local. However, I've never read about him having any interest in football.

Apparently Frank Rothwell is a football fan and was at the last home game of the season. 

2 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Apparently Frank Rothwell is a football fan and was at the last home game of the season. 

Why is everyone  convinced its  Frank  could be his son pushing this the statement said company ? 

2 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Why is everyone  convinced its  Frank  could be his son pushing this the statement said company ? 

Last annual report & accounts (way before all of this) for Portcullis suggests Frank is looking to hand the reins over to his son. Could mean Frank has time for Latics or that he's putting his feet up.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

1. Where are you getting £50m from? If you're adding Mcr Cabs + Bunk + Portcullis, you're double counting.

2. He appears to build/run his businesses well. We don't 'need' huge improvements right now. North Stand is great, RRE and chaddy functional but need work; replacing main stand isn't a priority. He's got more money than SC had, (who knows what AL had?) but he doesn't need to throw it all at Latics. 

A proper 'slowly, slowly ' plan will do.

1 hour ago, Inspectormorose. said:

All I did was copy and paste a tweet from who I now know is Ibby. Took about 2 minutes of googling to come up with Manchester Cabins, I'm no Hercule Poirot... Clouseau maybe 😉

I don't care what anyone says, it was quite an impressive shout. Elementary my dear morose.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it could be possible to straighten ourselves out off the pitch while still challenging for promotion thos season. If we now see an injection of cash from a surge in season tickets plus no transfer embargo and bearing in mind we are in the 5th tier we could still be big hitters in a league where Halifax and Solihull motors made the playoffs. We won't need to break the bank to atleast challenge at this level.

44 minutes ago, real said:

Last annual report & accounts (way before all of this) for Portcullis suggests Frank is looking to hand the reins over to his son. Could mean Frank has time for Latics or that he's putting his feet up.

The family business is already run by his son and daughter. 

Last year Rothwell became the oldest person (aged 70) to row 3,000 miles unassisted across the Atlantic Ocean, raising more than £1m for Alzheimer's Research UK. He's now Oldham Council's ambassador for business, so I don't think he's quite ready to put his feet up! 

We all know that this is just a rumour, but this is a Latics fans forum and - at the moment - we've only got scraps to feed off!

1 hour ago, underdog said:

there was a number of scenarios for BP set up

• Stadium & Car park only OASF said £6 million?
  • Little wembley & Plumpton Blitz classed as housing value land so best guess £5 million
  • Everything? 

Then there is the club price with its debt.

Then we have to look as some substantial investment to get the rest of BP up to standard. 2 stands to be replaced, NS to be finished off

Some deep pockets me thinks

5 mill for little Wembley?

Whilst I was fundraising to raise money for the trust I made contact with 100s of Oldham, Tameside snd Manchester firms to highlight our plight and to plead with local businesses to back the club.

Now I can tell you I had some frosty ( to say the least ) replies.

I did contact Manchester Cabins although I received no reply.

I also made contact with Sir Norman Stoller founder of Seton Healthcare and now SSL Internstional, this contact was though someone else but in person. 

I also contacted JW Lees and The Fox family ( housing units ) also through someone who knows them.

Now I am not stupid enough to think my letters or contscts made any difference but what I am saying is there are quite a few very wealthy Oldhamers who still have business interest ongoing.

I would put money on it being between 4 people.

Rothwell, Stoller, Fox family or Lees family.

Archived