• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Clergy man saying the owner had already done business with us. Corner of chad so I guess that’s the porta cabins. So if it is this guy… what’s his balance sheet like? 

So long as he is well aware that Barry Owen is a huge cunt, he brings the club and all its facets together and genuinely cares about the club and its supporters I really don't give a flying fuck, he'll get a pint of me whenever he's around just for saving us because literally in my opinion that is what he's done if this goes through.

Surely the one thing we've learned from the past decade or so is that it's not about the money, it's about the club and community, I really don't care if we are run hand to mouth so long as it is done openly and honestly.

I'd always hoped for this sort of outcome, but never dreamed it would happen so soon, it's imperative now that everyone gets behind this new owner and gives them the support they deserve,  if you can get down to BP please do, be part of it because if we have any kind of success it will taste oh so sweet after the shit we've had to endure, finally you have to wonder if Shez knew all along.

9 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Not ITK either, but, told today (someone who sponsors), they've said 4 weeks but expect it to be done in 2. 

I’d thought similar.

Be a bit daft putting a 4-week window on the deal if it was actually going to take that long, knowing that the fans will be rabid on day 29 if it hasn’t yet gone through.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So long as he is well aware that Barry Owen is a huge cunt, he brings the club and all its facets together and genuinely cares about the club and its supporters I really don't give a flying fuck, he'll get a pint of me whenever he's around just for saving us because literally in my opinion that is what he's done if this goes through.

Surely the one thing we've learned from the past decade or so is that it's not about the money, it's about the club and community, I really don't care if we are run hand to mouth so long as it is done openly and honestly.

I'd always hoped for this sort of outcome, but never dreamed it would happen so soon, it's imperative now that everyone gets behind this new owner and gives them the support they deserve,  if you can get down to BP please do, be part of it because if we have any kind of success it will taste oh so sweet after the shit we've had to endure, finally you have to wonder if Shez knew all along.

U say that but when we’re mid table in the national league season after season people will start to moan 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

I’d thought similar.

Be a bit daft putting a 4-week window on the deal if it was actually going to take that long, knowing that the fans will be rabid on day 29 if it hasn’t yet gone through.

That must be worst case scenario? With the season only 5 weeks away and I'm presuming most of the clubs finances will be frozen till completion? it's in everyone's interests to get this over the line, doesn't allow much time to sort season tickets out and pull the rest of the squad together but it is a necessary evil.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

That must be worst case scenario? With the season only 5 weeks away and I'm presuming most of the clubs finances will be frozen till completion? it's in everyone's interests to get this over the line, doesn't allow much time to sort season tickets out and pull the rest of the squad together but it is a necessary evil.

The word is two weeks 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Why would finances be frozen during a takeover/sale? 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Why would finances be frozen during a takeover/sale? 

I've probably used the wrong terminology but they are hardly going to allow 2000 season tickets to be sold today when they've already agreed a price for the club and Brassbank, that's how I see it anyway.

New owner has probably agreed to cover running costs for July whilst takeover goes through on the proviso the club (Abdallah/Brassbank) don't profit from the good news.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I've probably used the wrong terminology but they are hardly going to allow 2000 season tickets to be sold today when they've already agreed a price for the club and Brassbank, that's how I see it anyway.

👍🏼

10 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I know the tweet is from Ibby, but it's still an interesting shout. Rothwell set up Manchester Cabins from his then home in Royton. He currently lives in Greenfield, so he's definitely local. However, I've never read about him having any interest in football.

Looks like a good shout, fair play to the Inspector. Clergyman's clue pointing to the portakabins. Some good detective work. Of course, if the wording of the press release is accurate, then it's the business not the man. So, we'll be owned by Manchester Cabins? 

Still speculation, but Rothwell looks like he'd be a good choice. Solid, not spectacular, but we really need solid.

9 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Anyone have an inkling as to what the agreed sale price could have been all together? £3 million? £4 million perhaps?

Has to be at least 10, we were told that the owners wouldn't compromise on their asking prices.

9 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Anyone have an inkling as to what the agreed sale price could have been all together? £3 million? £4 million perhaps?

Has to be at least 10, we were told that the owners wouldn't compromise on their asking prices.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Clergy man saying the owner had already done business with us. Corner of chad so I guess that’s the porta cabins. So if it is this guy… what’s his balance sheet like? 

Same cabins as there used to be?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Still have a feeling BO will talk his way into staying at the club.

Archived