my 70th on 19th july and already the best present ever, I was only looking forward to the friendly at Fylde ( 15 minutes down the road ) but now some home games as well , please let this be a success 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn’t convinced that Sheridan is the guy to take us forward long term, but stability is something that’s been amiss from this club for a long, long time, so the prospect of being ridden of the clusterfuck of the Lemsagan ownership, and having ownership who understand the club, married with starting the season right off the bat with a manager we can get behind is definitely cause for optimism. We’ve been regressive for far too long. The darkest hour is just before the dawn or so it’s said. Let’s hope our relegation to non league was the darkest hour. I’m not arrogant enough to expect we’ll come straight back up, given that there’s only one automatic promotion spot, but by God it’ll be good if we can finish top 7 and at least have a crack at the playoffs. 

31 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

So.... Who do we think then? 

There can't be that many local businesses interested and successful enough to purchase everything lock, stock and barrel.

I notice Matt has said they've already met with Darren Royle & Shez so that's a good start (but don't yet know who the business is?)

One of these? 

Top 10 companies in Oldham based on revenue

-STUDIO RETAIL LIMITED

-PARK CAKES HOLDINGS LIMITED

-PARK CAKES LIMITED

-ADI-GARDINER LIMITED

-SN1 BAR LIMITED

-WEST PENNINE TRUCKS LIMITED

-UP GLOBAL SOURCING UK LIMITED

-DIODES ZETEX SEMICONDUCTORS LIMITED

-THE GENERAL FIRE APPLIANCE COMPANY LIMITED

-J.W.LEES & CO.(BREWERS)LIMITED

2 minutes ago, RoytonLatics said:
One of these? 

Top 10 companies in Oldham based on revenue

STUDIO RETAIL LIMITED

PARK CAKES HOLDINGS LIMITED

PARK CAKES LIMITED

ADI-GARDINER LIMITED

SN1 BAR LIMITED

WEST PENNINE TRUCKS LIMITED

UP GLOBAL SOURCING UK LIMITED

DIODES ZETEX SEMICONDUCTORS LIMITED

THE GENERAL FIRE APPLIANCE COMPANY LIMITED

J.W.LEES & CO.(BREWERS)LIMITED

It’s not always down to one companies revenue. I can probably guarantee it’s none of the above. Local businessman may have many companies around the globe.👍

4 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

It’s not always down to one companies revenue. I can probably guarantee it’s none of the above. Local businessman may have many companies around the globe.👍

but it says local business not businessman so its a company ?

jockingly said to day at work that our multi millionair company owner is visiting from the seycells today  we work out of a large new distribution hub in oldham .he previousley made a bid for Noblot coincedence ????

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

So.... Who do we think then? 

There can't be that many local businesses interested and successful enough to purchase everything lock, stock and barrel.

I notice Matt has said they've already met with Darren Royle & Shez so that's a good start (but don't yet know who the business is?)

But how far does 'local' stretch in terms of mileage?

34 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

FAO NEW OWNER..

Reopen the North Stand 

Lift the Bans

Give Shez a load of cash

Ban Barry & Birkett

Piss the league 🥃

Up the tics 

Tidy the place up. Cut the weeds. Tarmac the effin car park!

the place need to be made more welcoming and pleasant.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Wonder who's doing the due diligence...

OASF potentially got a foot in the door of both camps

The Stadium the ACV.

If/when BB are ready to sell they will officially notify OMBC, who in turn will  notify OASF.

OASF and can potentially, delay the sale for upto 6 months. If there are any concerns. Time to do their own DD

Club Rep to the board

If OASF appoint a rep to the board. Potentially they will have "eyes on" that deal too. Unless it's past a negotiation mark

Great stuff

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nah. Not needed. We don't care about winning as long as its anyone but AL and there's a nice atmosphere 

Are you really going to be a clown today??

I'd settle for a steady season with anyone but AL any day thanks

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Exactly could be Greater Manchester could be Lancashire do we include over the hill or is Yorkshire not really local.

In the context of buying a football club, I'd think 'local' meant Oldham. Would interpret it differently in other situations.

Could be well off though.

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Hope they'd put a bit more cash into the club than in their previous involvement

Not sure how their last financial year has been but they lost £16m year ending March 21 by the looks of it. Still got a wedge like

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Which knowone actually said.

Is that you're only contribution to today's news?

Plenty have said it isn't about results, it's just about having a nice club.

On another note, I'm hopeful it all goes through and the useless fucks are replaced by competent people

Archived