Fingers crossed that this news really is as good as it sounds. It has been hard fought for.

Let's assume that it is good news - you are still going to have to be patient. If the deal isn't done until late July you are bound to start the season undercooked, but as problems go I'm sure you will all take it.

There are plenty of challenges ahead ; reconciliation between different sections of the fanbase is difficult (as ourselves and Coventry fans know). OASF and PTB have to move from being a protest movement into something else, but it's the kind of challenge they'll relish, I'm sure.

But it is great to see you all looking forward to the future without dread. And yet another example of what football fans can do when they are properly mobilised and organised. I'm sure that what you have been steadily doing to crank the pressure up in these last months will have been significant. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Super news i hope the following happens

1 Emphasis on the club being at the heart of the community.

2 A strong youth academy

3 A cohesive plan based around realistic growth which is sustainable in the long term

4 Season ticket offer extended i am sure the fans will come flocking back

This has really made my day.

priorities upon takeover:

1. Reopen the Joe Royle Stand

2. Reinstate the Athleticos area in the Jimmy Frizzell Stand

3. Reinstate the U18 pricing structure 

4. Rescind the three year bans

5. Remove any non desirables from the club management structure…

please let it happen 🙏

8 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

Fingers crossed that this news really is as good as it sounds. It has been hard fought for.

Let's assume that it is good news - you are still going to have to be patient. If the deal isn't done until late July you are bound to start the season undercooked, but as problems go I'm sure you will all take it.

There are plenty of challenges ahead ; reconciliation between different sections of the fanbase is difficult (as ourselves and Coventry fans know). OASF and PTB have to move from being a protest movement into something else, but it's the kind of challenge they'll relish, I'm sure.

But it is great to see you all looking forward to the future without dread. And yet another example of what football fans can do when they are properly mobilised and organised. I'm sure that what you have been steadily doing to crank the pressure up in these last months will have been significant. 

Agreed, but for today rather moot. 

We have hope again, and nothing beats that. 

25 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hopefully Bazza is crying into his red wine as we speak

The Supreme Advisor has been stitched up like a victim of Jack The Ripper and its beautiful 

He might've orchestrated the deal... I'm sure it'll be on his CV either way.

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

A story about due diligence.  In 2007 I worked (mercifully briefly) at ABN AMRO Bank.  The power crazed maniac that was CEO of Royal Bank of Scotland was determined to buy it before Barclays could to deliver on his ambition of RBS becoming the biggest bank in the world, a target that was out of reach if Barclays got it.  He outbid them and did no due diligence as he reasoned Barclays, who had moved first , must have done so it must be OK.  He 'won' - which redefined Pyrrhic victory,  Within a year RBS was effectively bankrupt and state owned, due in no small part to all the rubbish at ABN that he hadn't bothered looking at.

I sometimes wish I had your business acumen instead of football knowledge.

28 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hopefully Bazza is crying into his red wine as we speak

The Supreme Advisor has been stitched up like a victim of Jack The Ripper and its beautiful 

I'll only believe he's gone when he announces he's bought a North Stand season ticket.😄

11 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

It feels like Christmas Basil, I never thought that we would get our club back (in whatever state) and that OAFC would be gone forever and liquidated. 

Plenty to do, important that fans groups liaise with the new owner and see what his/her ambitions are and his/her ways of working. 

Despite plenty of bluster to the contrary, I know that none of the fans on the OASF/ PTB groups were "in it for themselves" or "had vested interests", they only wanted what we all want, a positive vibrant OAFC and one that can represent the town and its community with pride once again. 

A massive rebuilding job required for OAFC, I would mainly say off-the-field, but once the takeover is complete and a new owner in situ who at least listens to the supporters etc. then we can all live much happier lives. 

Many thanks die to all other clubs such as yourselves, Stockport, Leyton Orient, Rochdale..... forever grateful mate              

4 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

It feels like Christmas Basil, I never thought that we would get our club back (in whatever state) and that OAFC would be gone forever and liquidated. 

Plenty to do, important that fans groups liaise with the new owner and see what his/her ambitions are and his/her ways of working. 

Despite plenty of bluster to the contrary, I know that none of the fans on the OASF/ PTB groups were "in it for themselves" or "had vested interests", they only wanted what we all want, a positive vibrant OAFC and one that can represent the town and its community with pride once again. 

A massive rebuilding job required for OAFC, I would mainly say off-the-field, but once the takeover is complete and a new owner in situ who at least listens to the supporters etc. then we can all live much happier lives. 

Many thanks die to all other clubs such as yourselves, Stockport, Leyton Orient, Rochdale..... forever grateful mate              

100 per cent this, Unsworth. 

A stable, well run club is all we want. 

Build it and they will come!

10 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I would have liked us to be able to offer practical, as well as moral support.  But we did what we could  because we know what you have been going through. Now we can take vicarious pleasure in seeing you recover. Win win. 😀

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The boycott worked then... 😜

The protests, the boycotts, the podcast, the pressure put on by PTB & OASF, all of this has contributed to this happening. Despite what some insisted was not helping one bit…

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

The protests, the boycotts, the podcast, the pressure put on by PTB & OASF, all of this has contributed to this happening. Despite what some insisted was not helping one bit…

All this as been a huge factor along with the media attention it as all created. We now need to be a united fan base and back the owners and those put in place to run the club.

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

At least I won't have to sit next to my knobhead brother. I'll get the seat behind and watch the fun. 

Sorry, came across as a right knob reading that back, getting carried away with the excitement 🙈

So.... Who do we think then? 

There can't be that many local businesses interested and successful enough to purchase everything lock, stock and barrel.

I notice Matt has said they've already met with Darren Royle & Shez so that's a good start (but don't yet know who the business is?)

Archived