7 minutes ago, RoytonLatics said:

The deal has been overseen by Darren Royle, son of Joe. Don’t bet against Joe being involved post-takeover. (via Mike keegan on twitter) 

Didn't Owen state somewhere recently he was good friends with Royle and talked to him frequently or have I just made that up???

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Didn't Owen state somewhere recently he was good friends with Royle and talked to him frequently or have I just made that up???

I heard him say that too on an interview or podcast maybe? Something about speaking to him once a week. I took it to mean that he has Joe's number and pesters him regularly.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

They are purchasing Brassbank Ltd so I'm presuming that includes the North Stand.

First think they need to do is remove Owen and rescind all those petty bans he vindictively issued. 

Odds on fans sat in the North Stand for the 1st game of the season?

I'll be there 

44 minutes ago, RoytonLatics said:

The deal has been overseen by Darren Royle, son of Joe. Don’t bet against Joe being involved post-takeover. (via Mike keegan on twitter) 

If I ever had the funds and the willing to buy Oldham Joe Royle would be the first guy I approached to be the Footballing Director of the club.

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

BO

A story about due diligence.  In 2007 I worked (mercifully briefly) at ABN AMRO Bank.  The power crazed maniac that was CEO of Royal Bank of Scotland was determined to buy it before Barclays could to deliver on his ambition of RBS becoming the biggest bank in the world, a target that was out of reach if Barclays got it.  He outbid them and did no due diligence as he reasoned Barclays, who had moved first , must have done so it must be OK.  He 'won' - which redefined Pyrrhic victory,  Within a year RBS was effectively bankrupt and state owned, due in no small part to all the rubbish at ABN that he hadn't bothered looking at.

Super news i hope the following happens

1 Emphasis on the club being at the heart of the community.

2 A strong youth academy

3 A cohesive plan based around realistic growth which is sustainable in the long term

4 Season ticket offer extended i am sure the fans will come flocking back

This has really made my day.

4 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

2 A strong youth academy

3 A cohesive plan based around realistic growth which is sustainable in the long term

5. Promotion push this season.

6 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

2 A strong youth academy

Agree but I'd be heavily discounting season tickets for under 21's and under, they were put up in spite by shitpeas to discourage the Athleticos and let's face it they were one of the only positives at BP last season. Hopefully in time all protests will be called off and we can get behind the team and try and get back to where we belong.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Agree but I'd be heavily discounting season tickets for under 21's and under, they were put up in spite by shitpeas to discourage the Athleticos and let's face it they were one of the only positives at BP last season. Hopefully in time all protests will be called off and we can get behind the team and try and get back to where we belong.

Massive priority for me this, the fact we're managing to attract anyone under 21 at all is a minor miracle, we should be doing all we can to keep them coming back

Fingers crossed this all goes to plan.

This could be the start of a bright new dawn for the club, and it will be glorious to see everybody united together.

I’ll be renewing 2x season tickets if/when it’s confirmed, and I can’t wait.

💙🧡

The irony... Darren Royle buys the club and the land but BO has managed to insert a clause which prevents the use of JR Stand on matchdays.  Poor old Joe turned away from the stand named in his honour.   

Archived