9 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Chucking a couple of million at an immediate promotion push then everyone shitting the bed if we’re not top by Christmas isn’t the way to go. 

Well, you learn something new every day. Who would have thought that Amber Heard was a Latics fan?

This day just keeps on giving...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Been a change in shareholding announced for the holding company today...

Yes someone sent me a screen shot of companies house stuff.

Also OASF director put on FB " up the Rothwell latics". 

So likely candidate?

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

By giving the manager the finances to bring in good players...

How much and for how long if it doesn’t work? That’s what Salford do, they’ve chucked millions at it and haven’t got out of league 2 yet. 

I’d be very wary of someone coming in and prioritising throwing their money at the playing squad. However fun it might be in the short term. 

25 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

How much and for how long if it doesn’t work? That’s what Salford do, they’ve chucked millions at it and haven’t got out of league 2 yet. 

I’d be very wary of someone coming in and prioritising throwing their money at the playing squad. However fun it might be in the short term. 

The novelty of playing the likes of Maidenhead will wear off pretty quick regardless of how much better run the club is...

33 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Up to the owner to get a good manager in (Sheridan or whoever they want) who can spend the money wisely to bring in good players to get promoted.

Salford have failed with that due to poor manager choices since they joined the football league...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Up to the owner to get a good manager in (Sheridan or whoever they want) who can spend the money wisely to bring in good players to get promoted.

Salford have failed with that due to poor manager choices since they joined the football league...

So Salford but do it better?

Not for me but we’ll see what kind of owner we get. Positive noises coming from a few of those who’ve had some involvement so fingers crossed we’re going to see some better times at long last. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

How would a new owner go about making promotion the priority?

We can still have a go at promotion without going shit or bust.

We also have to remember alot of the problems can be fixed quite quickly. Reopening the North Stand fully and recinding those ridiculous bans won't take long at all and probably see us make money quickly. We can get rid of Barry Owen very quickly. That can all be done before August. I imagine a number of the sponsors who pulled out during the Lemsagam regime will be happy to get back involved now these people are out the door. A post Lemsagam dividend if you like.

We won't have Mo Lemsagam dicking about the training ground or the dressing room interfering that will create better squad cohesion and stability.

With the fans players manager board and owner on the same page that will go a long way to making us better on the pitch.

While getting out of this division will not be easy. Even if this owner is everything we want them to be it might take a few years. But still it won't take that much for us to be competitive on the field. A top 7 finish shouldn't be seen as out of our reach this season.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We also have to remember alot of the problems can be fixed quite quickly. Reopening the North Stand fully and recinding those ridiculous bans won't take along at all and probably see us make money quickly. We can get rid of Barry Owen very quickly. That can all be done before August. I imagine a number of the sponsors who pulled out during the Lemsagam regime will be happy to get back involved now these people are out the door. A post Lemsagam dividend if you like.

We won't have Mo Lemsagam dicking about the training ground or the dressing room interfering that will create better squad cohesion and stability.

With the fans players manager board and owner on the same page that will go a long way to making is better on the pitch.

While getting out of this division will not be easy. Even if this owner is everything we want them to be it might take a few years. But still it won't take that much for us to be competitive on the field. A top 7 finish shouldn't be seen as out of our reach this season.

100% agree. 

And if the owner focusses on all those things behind the scenes we’ll have a much better chance of a top 7 finish. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Although I agree with Sinnott and erysey , you make a good point.  

I still say top seven has to be target no matter what. Even if there are some good teams there must be some a lot worse than league 2. Ok don’t spend a fortune, but bring in a few more of hogans pedigree. That’s hardly splashing th cash, just spending a bit more in key areas. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We also have to remember alot of the problems can be fixed quite quickly. Reopening the North Stand fully and recinding those ridiculous bans won't take along at all and probably see us make money quickly. We can get rid of Barry Owen very quickly. That can all be done before August. I imagine a number of the sponsors who pulled out during the Lemsagam regime will be happy to get back involved now these people are out the door. A post Lemsagam dividend if you like.

With the fans players manager board and owner on the same page that will go a long way to making is better on the pitch.

the one for me is the pic of the stench walking out of boundary park with all his crap from his office in a shitty cardboard box never to darken the doors except as a paying customer again 

The parachute money lasts 2 seasons, so it is vital from a financial perspective that we get out of the NL during the this time otherwise we face a significant drop in income, the new owner will be fully aware of the consequences and I cannot see anything other than a good crack at promotion with top 7 a realistic expectation this season, personally the comments about Salford are interesting, they don’t allow any continuity and for clubs to be successful you need stability, other than Chelsea and Watford who somehow bucked this trend by changing managers regularly and still achieving their goals, it never happens just look through the football pyramid and look at the clubs who achieve even a modest amount of success they have stability, hopefully once these charlatans and their numpty apostles leave the club we can get stability and get some foundations to build a better and brighter future for Oldham Athletic.

21 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

the one for me is the pic of the stench walking out of boundary park with all his crap from his office in a shitty cardboard box never to darken the doors except as a paying customer again 

I'm pretty convinced he's already gone...

20 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

. . . where the bottom of the box collapses, to reveal his leaving present of a new red fleece from Steve Brown and a flat cap from Mo.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if BO thinks he should be allowed - as an ex-director - to continue to sit in the directors box.

We'll find it hard to compete with Wrexham, I'm on holiday and in a hotel that Paul Mullins family are staying in and they are quite open about what he's pulling in there and they say he is the top earner in non league on a basic £4000 a week but it is heavily made up of bonuses which sees him pull in on average about £6000, that's just stupid money and like Salford they must be being subsidised to the tune of a couple of million a season.

32 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

. . . where the bottom of the box collapses, to reveal his leaving present of a new red fleece from Steve Brown and a flat cap from Mo.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if BO thinks he should be allowed - as an ex-director - to continue to sit in the directors box.

Bet he won't pay to get in. 

1. sack The Stench

2. start selling tickets in the Joe Royle

3. start work on the top floor

4. rescind the bans

5. urgently review ST prices, specifically in the u21 category

6. abolish barrys riduculous plan to split up families/groups inside BP in order sit people in certain seats defined by age (fuckin paedo)

7. sign more players along current lines, theyve been decent so far (lno Dave Og thinks different here)

8. pay the bills

9. tidy up and paint the ground

10. approach appropriate sacked staff with an olive branch and a new job

thats half and lve not even thoughtbabout it

Archived