• Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

1. sack The Stench

2. start selling tickets in the Joe Royle

3. start work on the top floor

4. rescind the bans

5. urgently review ST prices, specifically in the u21 category

6. abolish barrys riduculous plan to split up families/groups inside BP in order sit people in certain seats defined by age (fuckin paedo)

7. sign more players along current lines, theyve been decent so far (lno Dave Og thinks different here)

8. pay the bills

9. tidy up and paint the ground

10. approach appropriate sacked staff with an olive branch and a new job

thats half and lve not even thoughtbabout it

11. get someone in with marketing experience (sean jarvis ) to increase our presence in the town and surrounding areas wouldn't know we existed if you drove along the A62 from the border to city center . compare and contrast with rochdale burnley blackburn city utd etc banners posters flags for miles around advertising games and offers us none existent  

41 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

11. get someone in with marketing experience (sean jarvis ) to increase our presence in the town and surrounding areas wouldn't know we existed if you drove along the A62 from the border to city center . compare and contrast with rochdale burnley blackburn city utd etc banners posters flags for miles around advertising games and offers us none existent  

I live in Darwen and see absolutely nothing of Blackburn unless I go to Aldi (across the road from Ewood Park)

Darwen Fc are all over social media though 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

1. sack The Stench

4. rescind the bans

6. abolish barrys riduculous plan to split up families/groups inside BP in order sit people in certain seats defined by age (fuckin paedo)

7. sign more players along current lines, theyve been decent so far (lno Dave Og thinks different here)

8. pay the bills

Re number 5. Our ST prices are actually alright compared to a lot. Halifax, I saw, had their early bird at £330...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Re number 5. Our ST prices are actually alright compared to a lot. Halifax, I saw, had their early bird at £330...

its more the pricing out of the yoots lm concerned by.

l sometimes strike up a convo w some of them to tell them how stunned l am we have a quite large number of them. they say 'my dad supports Latics'

and what more can you say to that 😍

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

1. sack The Stench

4. rescind the bans

8. pay the bills

I've no view on the players brought in as bar Porter I've never heard of any of them!! 

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We'll find it hard to compete with Wrexham, I'm on holiday and in a hotel that Paul Mullins family are staying in and they are quite open about what he's pulling in there and they say he is the top earner in non league on a basic £4000 a week but it is heavily made up of bonuses which sees him pull in on average about £6000, that's just stupid money and like Salford they must be being subsidised to the tune of a couple of million a season.

Mullin and Palmer are on 10k a week

18 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I've no view on the players brought in as bar Porter I've never heard of any of them!! 

oh it must have been somebody else who said started calling people deluded for thinking we were putting a decent side together? apologies.

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

oh it must have been somebody else who said started calling people deluded for thinking we were putting a decent side together? apologies.

Ah yes, I did say that. To be fair that was three or four signings ago! Hope I'm wrong 

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Ah yes, I did say that. To be fair that was three or four signings ago! Hope I'm wrong 

You can safely say if the sale hadn’t been happening there would have been absolutely no chance of these signings.

I should imagine Shez has known about it for a fair while and maybe it was the reason for him staying?

If it is Rothwell- which looks likely.

I wonder what Darren Royle’s role will be?

In the PTB statement, there’s a couple of lines about Darren outlining the vision to a selected audience.  I could be wrong, but it reads like he will be involved rather just brokering the deal. 

Rothwell as Chairman/owner

DR as CEO? 

If so, I’d be happy with that. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

You can safely say if the sale hadn’t been happening there would have been absolutely no chance of these signings.

I should imagine Shez has known about it for a fair while and maybe it was the reason for him staying?

No chance of Zaine Francis-Angol (released by Hartlepool) if the sale wasn't happening...?

That's my thought

Do you buy carpets for a new house before you have bought it?

Your use of 'imagine' explains your logic.

This is buying a football club. Soooo much to go wrong.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

If it is Rothwell- which looks likely.

I wonder what Darren Royle’s role will be?

In the PTB statement, there’s a couple of lines about Darren outlining the vision to a selected audience.  I could be wrong, but it reads like he will be involved rather just brokering the deal. 

Rothwell as Chairman/owner

DR as CEO? 

If so, I’d be happy with that. 

More than likely he will be heavily involved in the running of the club.

32 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You'd love that wouldn't you...

Is that the bile Shitpeas is spouting? No doubt he will be in touch with the Council, GMP the European Courts of Human Rights to try and block it going through because the delusional old cunt thinks the club is his property....

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You'd love that wouldn't you...

Is that the bile Shitpeas is spouting? No doubt he will be in touch with the Council, GMP the European Courts of Human Rights to try and block it going through because the delusional old cunt thinks the club is his property....

Why would I love that?

I really hope it all goes thru but this is football. Plenty of precedents out there about football club purchases.

Bit of an angry response and cannot see any connection to this Shitpeas fella you mention.

Try answering the question I posed?

44 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Why would I love that?

I really hope it all goes thru but this is football. Plenty of precedents out there about football club purchases.

Bit of an angry response and cannot see any connection to this Shitpeas fella you mention.

Try answering the question I posed?

Why not log in under Lags or PeteG you boring fucker 

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Do you buy carpets for a new house before you have bought it?

Your use of 'imagine' explains your logic.

This is not a sudden event. Everything that could go wrong has now been and gone. The deal is done. This is just a couple of final transitional weeks. 

Archived