Sheridan out

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:
11 minutes ago, philwhite said:

They are incredible - I hope that the performance on the pitch does not kill their enthusiasm - a fantastic sight to see them in full voice 😃

Who was the chap on the pitch videoing them all the match ?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

For me the circumstances with new ownership etc actually make it easier to make the change now, the Rothwells are, or should, going to have a significant honeymoon period, personally I'd be using that leeway to make what will likely be an unpopular decision but the right one.

Mr Rothwell Snr would look a bit silly sacking him 3 weeks after saying in a press conference that he has full confidence in Sheridan.

I don't think they'll sack him, but he might step aside if things don't improve rapid...

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Mr Rothwell Snr would look a bit silly sacking him 3 weeks after saying in a press conference that he has full confidence in Sheridan.

I don't think they'll sack him, but he might step aside if things don't improve rapid...

You would certainly hope so!!

53 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

yeah but if u read the notts county boards and wrexhams they will all say they came down tried to play passing football and it doesn’t work as the quality of player isn’t there. U need to be big and quite direct to be successful 

Our first two home league opponents have played passing football in abundance, one of which has secured 12 promotions in the last 22 years…

…I call bollocks!!!

57 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

yeah but if u read the notts county boards and wrexhams they will all say they came down tried to play passing football and it doesn’t work as the quality of player isn’t there. U need to be big and quite direct to be successful 

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

No, I fully expect us to continue in the classic Latics way making decisions based on sentiment rather than reality 

Settle down boys and girls, re-phrase; panic button hit must not. Couple of signings and a bit of time without pressure could make all the difference, if not and things don't improve then hit the f---ing thing.

10 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Settle down boys and girls, re-phrase; panic button hit must not. Couple of signings and a bit of time without pressure could make all the difference, if not and things don't improve then hit the f---ing thing.

Hit the nail on the head here ^^^   👍

42 minutes ago, latics22 said:

3 games! Jesus Christ. Give the man who has served the club on and off for around 20 years, a bit more time and respect!

It's more than 3 games we could all see what was coming from the poor pre season games where teams like Fylde played us off the park for football skills.

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What a foundation to build the club on......

Like it or not loans are a crucial part of lower league football.  Four of the key players when we beat Fulham were loanees (Iversen, Land, Surridge, Lyden). It was the same a few years earlier when we beat City and when we beat Liverpool Wabara played a major part.  I can't even remember who we had on loan last season but I'm pretty sure they weren't great!  No doubt that was as a result of broken relationships with clubs who may have sent players to us as well as a reluctance on their part to damage young players' careers by sending them into such a toxic environment.  Reasonable to hope, I think, that we are in a better position now to acquire loanees who will benefit us and who will benefit from being with us.

12 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Sorry, but that is BS. 

Ok kow - perhaps what I should have said is that the "bar stewards" were given an awful lot more time/chances to "make a difference". Shez is being jumped all over pretty instantly by some fans. Disgraceful in my book. I'm absolutely over the moon with the takeover etc. and am now prepared to support every aspect of the club again - and quite prepared for a season of consolidation. Of course results will matter - but people calling for the sack after 3 games - I certainly know who is talking out of their arse (as one poster said) - and it ain't me.

In other words, I was impressed with Fondop and maybe he should start in place of Porter against Southend on Saturday, who didn't do much on his own upfront last night. i think Fondop won every aerial duel since he came on.

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Like it or not loans are a crucial part of lower league football.  Four of the key players when we beat Fulham were loanees (Iversen, Land, Surridge, Lyden). It was the same a few years earlier when we beat City and when we beat Liverpool Wabara played a major part.  I can't even remember who we had on loan last season but I'm pretty sure they weren't great!  No doubt that was as a result of broken relationships with clubs who may have sent players to us as well as a reluctance on their part to damage young players' careers by sending them into such a toxic environment.  Reasonable to hope, I think, that we are in a better position now to acquire loanees who will benefit us and who will benefit from being with us.

Agree Dave and hopefully 2 or 3 decent loan additions will arrive sooner rather than later. You'd like to think Darren and Joe are reasonably well connected and can bring in some young hungry players from leagues above.

My worry is, without it seems any sort of identity in the way we are at least trying to play, then what is Sheridan actually looking for??

He seems to have the stock answer of we just need more bodies in which doesn't inspire me with confidence.

I'd like to hear at least that he's looking for players to do jobs in certain positions, and who will bring certain qualities we are lacking to the squad.

Players to improve on the quality we have now can't be that difficult to find.....

I would love to know Joe Royle’s thoughts on this matter, because I bet he knows the importance of keeping the momentum created by Frank’s takeover rolling.

His opinion would be listened to, I think he would be having a word in Frank’s ear if there was too many performances like the last.

I hope Shez is able to turn it around but if he’s not, is it really impossible to give Pete Wild "his dream job" back? 

40 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Agree Dave and hopefully 2 or 3 decent loan additions will arrive sooner rather than later. You'd like to think Darren and Joe are reasonably well connected and can bring in some young hungry players from leagues above.

My worry is, without it seems any sort of identity in the way we are at least trying to play, then what is Sheridan actually looking for??

He seems to have the stock answer of we just need more bodies in which doesn't inspire me with confidence.

I'd like to hear at least that he's looking for players to do jobs in certain positions, and who will bring certain qualities we are lacking to the squad.

Players to improve on the quality we have now can't be that difficult to find.....

How many players signed by Shez have yet to even appear on the subs bench?

I hear the injured veteran Legge might be signed, surely that's no way to go?

55 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Ok kow - perhaps what I should have said is that the "bar stewards" were given an awful lot more time/chances to "make a difference". Shez is being jumped all over pretty instantly by some fans. Disgraceful in my book. I'm absolutely over the moon with the takeover etc. and am now prepared to support every aspect of the club again - and quite prepared for a season of consolidation. Of course results will matter - but people calling for the sack after 3 games - I certainly know who is talking out of their arse (as one poster said) - and it ain't me.

You don't consolidate in a lower division you need to get out of it straight away.

Chesterfield and Notts County consolidated and are still stuck in the mire.

46 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You don't consolidate in a lower division you need to get out of it straight away.

Chesterfield and Notts County consolidated and are still stuck in the mire.

Consolidating for a season doesn't mean staying there forever, it took Luton 4 years to get out of the national league. Last year they were just 2 wins from the Premier league after bypassing us on the way up. They should be our model to aim at.

To be fair to Shez I think we’ve got to take into account the circumstances the current squad was put together. The season is only a few weeks away , we now know we were on the verge of bankruptcy and Shez has somehow got to get a squad together to start the season. He brings in any available free transfers that will enable him to start the season. Then the takeover happens , hallelujah, but Shez now has a squad of hasbeens & pub players , can’t unload now so let’s see who’s any good over the first 8-10 games then bring in some loans.

I would hope that by Xmas we are hovering somewhere around mid table. Hopefully early next year Frank can bring some new investors on board to plough some money into some decent players.

Making the playoffs would be a bonus but defo next season a big promotion push. If not then probably Shez would need replacing as he may have stood down by then anyway.

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt as the main goal this season has already been achieved by clearing the scum out.

Archived