Sheridan out

8 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I'm not Sheridan out just yet. I really do think it's too soon. Get some players in and see how we do. Although, I will agree, these first few games haven't been impressive. Even against Dorking, we let them have far too much of the ball. Do the players know that pre season is over? Some of our tempo has been so laid back.

Nothing will change with different players, this is how his teams have played for years.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Potentially, but sticking with shez just because the next guy might be worse is dumb....

So to is consistently sacking managers and suddenly expecting things to change but hey ho lets do it anyway.

I maintain that this is a transitional season it will be a bumpy road particularly in the first half of the season some wins,some draws some loses even a couple of tonkings. The first 3 results have shown nothing to change my mind sacking the manager won't change that.

Get ready for more of the same we are a work in progress on and off the pitch. I'm also thoroughly expecting plenty more hysterical reactions from the entitled sections of our fanbase too.

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Let’s see if we can get the 3/4 players we need in and at least 15 games into the season before we even think of this. 

Why waste time hoping he might turn it round? Get it done now and let the rebirth truly begin.

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂😂

A broken clock is right twice a day. 

Last big call he made was that the PTBs pressure on the Lemmies would ultimately prove futile. 

Lolz.

Jeez - if ever you wanted an illustration of the "instantaneous" world we now live in! In every single respect, we dropped like a stone once the fools from the East arrived in town; to the point where we were not fit for purpose on virtually any level. 

Very, very recently our local saviour rescues us from the abyss; and a major re-building job has not even started yet. It will take some serious graft, from everyone, to just get us back on an even keel before we embark on any meaningful progress.

When I say everyone; that includes us as fans. Now is the time to support, support and support from every angle.

Shez has been working under the same awful constraints that every other "failed manager" recently has had to endure at BP. Only now have those constraints been released.

Please - just give the fella a break - sit back for a while - support, support and support - and let's see where we are at the end of the season.

This merry-go-round of managers has to stop - it's sheer madness.

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm not saying that Shez is unsackable, but a high turnover of managers this season would be the dumbest thing this regime could do.  

There is undoubtedly pressure to get the next appointment (whenever that may be) right. But how often do you see new owners come in at a club and relatively quickly look to bring in their own manager. It happens all the time. If you think shez is the best candidate to get us back up or even challenging the top 10 that's good, give him the time and backing he needs. But if there's a doubt acting sooner rather than later might be the best option. I don't want to be stuck in this league for too long. 

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So to is consistently sacking managers and suddenly expecting things to change but hey ho lets do it anyway.

I maintain that this is a transitional season it will be a bumpy road particularly in the first half of the season some wins,some draws some loses even a couple of tonkings. The first 3 results have shown nothing to change my mind sacking the manager won't change that.

Get ready for more of the same we are a work in progress on and off the pitch. I'm also thoroughly expecting plenty more hysterical reactions from the entitled sections of our fanbase too.

But what are we transitioning to. What's a respectable result for Sheridan this season. Top half?. If we don't make that, then do we let him go?. I think we all accepted that the last regime tied the hands of all the managers making any form of success highly unlikely. But that's not the case anymore. Why would bringing someone in who has a better CV for the gig not bring about change. I know there's no guarantee of success but that shouldn't stop you from trying.....

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You will all only want his replacement sacked by Christmas.

What’s the plan then- stick with him for love and continuity sake? 

There is a lot of fair minded posters saying the same thing.

It’s not the result tonight as such. It’s his recent track record at other clubs, his tactics, his lack of ability to change a game, his bizarre team selections. We’ve been outplayed for large parts by two part time teams. We are desperate for a midfielder, striker and right winger- yet we’re supposedly in for another keeper. It was amazing of him to try and save last season, but is he really the man to take us back up? He said himself- the target is promotion, and we’re million miles away from challenging IMO.

So the question is this- are we keeping him to finish mid table or do we want to challenge this year? 

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

It's been a great effort, he'll be a legend for ever more but he's done. Whatever the outcome from 2 nil down tonight he cannot be trusted with whatever cash Frank has on transfers. The game has moved on, even in this pub league. 

3 games and a few weeks into a new regime. That’s all ur giving him. What an absolutely ridic post this early on. No one is doing any better at this point. 10-15 games min with time to get some loans in now behind the scenes is in good shape 

I`m sure some people on here are fans of other clubs on the wind up. The bar stewards who nearly destroyed our very existence didn't get as much stick as Shez is getting now! We are 3 games in - can nobody have just a bit of patience?

The question that people need to ask themselves is if tomorrow we wake up and there's no manager, would you want shez? We have to forget the past. New ownership is a new beginning. There is no manager revolving door. If you want stability, that's fine. If you want a manager to be given time, backing and a fair chance at success, that's fine. But why would you not want that manager to be the best man for the job. As I've said, if you think shez is that man, fantastic, say that. 

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I`m sure some people on here are fans of other clubs on the wind up. The bar stewards who nearly destroyed our very existence didn't get as much stick as Shez is getting now! We are 3 games in - can nobody have just a bit of patience?

Sorry, but that is BS. 

19 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Jeez - if ever you wanted an illustration of the "instantaneous" world we now live in! In every single respect, we dropped like a stone once the fools from the East arrived in town; to the point where we were not fit for purpose on virtually any level. 

Very, very recently our local saviour rescues us from the abyss; and a major re-building job has not even started yet. It will take some serious graft, from everyone, to just get us back on an even keel before we embark on any meaningful progress.

When I say everyone; that includes us as fans. Now is the time to support, support and support from every angle.

Shez has been working under the same awful constraints that every other "failed manager" recently has had to endure at BP. Only now have those constraints been released.

Please - just give the fella a break - sit back for a while - support, support and support - and let's see where we are at the end of the season.

This merry-go-round of managers has to stop - it's sheer madness.

We need to stop conflating rebuilding the club with being able to talk about Shez. 

Football clubs exist for two reasons- one for their community- which is just starting to be rebuilt. And two to win football matches. 

Otherwise, we’re basically saying that results largely don’t matter this season, and that’s absolute nonsense. I’d also add that Darren Royle said in an early interview we would have one the better budgets in league, so is mid table enough? Does it say transition? Shez wants promotion, the club want to back him. That doesn’t strike me as ‘try your best, but we understand if we’re shit’ 

What is an acceptable finish for you this season? 

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

Not many top coaches these days stand there swearing at players for 90 mins.

Pete Wild is streets ahead as a great example of one that got away. 

Big Sam syndrome. He nearly saved us by bollocking them but it died off and died quickly. Shite ever since.

You haven't watched any games so how do know he's swearing?

Scab 

It's the exact opposite of what Frank wants for the club on the field and it would be a great shame to see all his ebullience wasted and support drop away with dillusion again setting in.

Its possible Shez himself may say he can't do any more and retire from the game.

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

We need to stop conflating rebuilding the club with being able to talk about Shez. 

Football clubs exist for two reasons- one for their community- which is just starting to be rebuilt. And two to win football matches. 

Otherwise, we’re basically saying that results largely don’t matter this season, and that’s absolute nonsense. I’d also add that Darren Royle said in an early interview we would have one the better budgets in league, so is mid table enough? Does it say transition? Shez wants promotion, the club want to back him. That doesn’t strike me as ‘try your best, but we understand if we’re shit’ 

What is an acceptable finish for you this season? 

Frank has got fans on the crest of a wave yet we are drowning on the pitch.

20 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Stop talking out of your fucking arse.

If you want to sit there and type that nonsense and actually believe it, you’re absolutely deluded.

We currently have a manager in charge who was the perfect choice to try and rally the troops one last time at the back end of last season. He made a good start, but then normality resumed and we went down with a whimper.

Shez’ record in recent times is diabolical.  

32% win ratio since the start of 2017. It’s 23% in the last 2 and a half years

Not a single Club who with an ounce of ambition would hire him should he leave tomorrow. And If we didn’t have a manager today, we wouldn’t look to hire Shez either.

That tells a story.

5 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Stop talking out of your fucking arse.

If you want to sit there and type that nonsense and actually believe it, you’re absolutely deluded.

We currently have a manager in charge who was the perfect choice to try and rally the troops one last time at the back end of last season. He made a good start, but then normality resumed and we went down with a whimper.

Shez’ record in recent times is diabolical.  

32% win ratio since the start of 2017. It’s 23% in the last 2 and a half years

Not a single Club who with an ounce of ambition would hire him should he leave tomorrow. And If we didn’t have a manager today, we wouldn’t look to hire Shez either.

That tells a story.

His demeanor looks entirely the opposite of Frank's. Maybe fresh ideas are needed?

I'm not Shez out... But who would be your pick to replace him should he leave...

I know Sinnot mentioned Artel

I'd have loved Pete Wild back before he went to Barrow but obviously that's not realistic now.

3 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I'm not Shez out... But who would be your pick to replace him should he leave...

I know Sinnot mentioned Artel

I'd have loved Pete Wild back before he went to Barrow but obviously that's not realistic now.

Maybe a new fresh manager as when big Joe was brought in.

Clint Hill springs to mind.

Archived