Sheridan out

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It's more than 3 games we could all see what was coming from the poor pre season games where teams like Fylde played us off the park for football skills.

The teams we've played are all teams that have been together for a couple of season in the main. We are finding our feet and getting the 11 or so new lads bedded in. Rome not built in a day, shez will get us there any players not capable of doing the required job will be replaced. Every manager needs minimum 3 transfer windows if you think generally each window brings 3/4 success stories to form a managers 11 that's your 3 windows.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, hinchy said:

The teams we've played are all teams that have been together for a couple of season in the main. We are finding our feet and getting the 11 or so new lads bedded in. Rome not built in a day, shez will get us there any players not capable of doing the required job will be replaced. Every manager needs minimum 3 transfer windows if you think generally each window brings 3/4 success stories to form a managers 11 that's your 3 windows.

Wealdstone had 3 players in the squad from the one I watched in December so not sure where this ‘been together a few years’ is coming from. 

4 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Wealdstone had 3 players in the squad from the one I watched in December so not sure where this ‘been together a few years’ is coming from. 

The amount of copium being inhaled at the moment is actually fucking hilarious. Excuses already being made for being played off the park by the mighty Wealdstone. Bring back those heady 0-0 wins against Exeter and the like. Jesus wept. 

29 minutes ago, hinchy said:

But hasn't Shez already brought 10 in supposedly capable of taking us out of this league?  It's optimistic new recruits will be any better unless Frank splashes the cash.

21 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

But hasn't Shez already brought 10 in supposedly capable of taking us out of this league?  It's optimistic new recruits will be any better unless Frank splashes the cash.

i don't think so, no.  Yes, he said promotion was the aim because that's what football managers do.  But it was more to with having a team to put on the pitch given what was going on.  If the takeover had gone  through a month earlier maybe  those players he was reportedly after would have come here rather than elsewhere

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

i don't think so, no.  Yes, he said promotion was the aim because that's what football managers do.  But it was more to with having a team to put on the pitch given what was going on.  If the takeover had gone  through a month earlier maybe  those players he was reportedly after would have come here rather than elsewhere

That's likely correct, the 10 look to be get some bodies in to at least consolidate in this division, now we are stuck with them.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

That's likely correct, the 10 look to be get some bodies in to at least consolidate in this division, now we are stuck with them.

That's where I am .  No idea whether it may have been an option to give short term contracts; I think that only applies to Cooper?

5 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

People calling for Shez to go after a mere 3 games - and a only a few days after our new owner called for fans to give Shez 100% support every game - really need to give their head a wobble.

:petesake:

In fairness I called for him to go in March...

Teams will raise their game at BP, no doubt.

I didn’t go last night due to work commitments.

I did say to my dad if we started the game like we had finished on Saturday they would be (Wealdstone) 2 or 3 up in 20 minutes. 

I am a bit concerned but I’ll wait to see the result against Southend and see how the players responded. What is worrying is that we’ve been battered in midfield and we don’t look to have sorted it.

13 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

People calling for Shez to go after a mere 3 games - and a only a few days after our new owner called for fans to give Shez 100% support every game - really need to give their head a wobble.

I called for him to leave at the end of last season. Retire in to the sunset and enjoy his grandchildren...

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I called for him to leave at the end of last season. Retire in to the sunset and enjoy his grandchildren...

To be fair, that's what I expected him to do. I was surprised that he stayed on. But, given that he did . . .

Shez has worked many miracles, when nobody else could, a true legend here.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

We're still in transition from being the biggest shitshow going, back to something that resembles our club,

There will come a time, if results don't improve, when the question will be asked,

Do we still need a relegation firefighter or someone with a more direct approach and fresh ideas to get us promoted?

Hope he turns it around soon.

3 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

The turnaround of players in part time teams tends to be less due to the players needing to remain in the same area for their day job, possibly a misconception on my part. I defer to your knowledge of Wealdstone.

It's no more than than weeks since most on here just wanted to get rid of the clowns and shitpeas.

All we want is new owners you all said.

Well the old owners have gone and we've got a new owner with great character.

Be happy.

Be patient.

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

People calling for Shez to go after a mere 3 games - and only a few days after our new owner called for fans to give Shez 100% support every game - really need to give their head a wobble.

Aye along with a manager, coaching staff and more than a few players, turning up last night showing very little heart and desire after the reminder Dorking gave them Saturday should of been sufficient but they still don't get it.

I'm happy to give anyone 10, 20 games or a season for that matter, any fan I know accepts we are going to get beat we've been shit for a decade or more and still keep attending but what is inexcusable is not turning up or cruising around like they are Billy big bollocks because these teams who have to fight for everything will turn you over week in week out.

I've watched enough non league to know it's the battles that win you the war, how many of our players can look in the mirror today and say they left it all out there and won their battle, Hope? Fondop when he came on? Angol for the majority of the game, Stobbs kept going and showed some heart but the rest for me were all second best and that shouldn't happen particularly at home with such backing at the start of a new era, something fundamentally has to change because the mindset is all wrong and the fact that so many fans are losing faith in Shez is a concern.

I'm happy to be patient, my ST is payed for, I'll probably be back next season even if we go down again but the reality is that last night wasn't good enough and over 3000 paid for the privilege, I already know a couple who won't be back and that's alarming, they stretched themselves to attend the first two game but feel deflated and dejected already, minimum expectation is effort - if we get outplayed, turned over then I'm fine with that but to go missing and hide is criminal.

We've got to give a few more games before we talk about getting rid, surely?  He's got to be given time to work the division out and what players are going to work best.

That said, I couldn't believe how bad we were last night.  There was real basic stuff like passing and controlling which was Sunday League, but I was amazed at how much space their players were given to knock the ball around.  There seemed to be no strategy to get the ball back other than hope Wealdstone mess up.  There was no marking system.  Their defenders were given all the time in the world to knock it about while Porter and Hope stood there watching.  Hope got frustrated in the end and eventually chased down (not that it got us anywhere).  Surely you've either got to have pacey players to close down and if not - man mark?  It's really basic stuff.

The lack of strategy was Shez's fault last night, but he's got to be given more time.  That said, I think it's reasonable to demand that the mistakes aren't repeated...

31 minutes ago, JoeP said:

There was real basic stuff like passing and controlling which was Sunday League, but I was amazed at how much space their players were given to knock the ball around.  There seemed to be no strategy to get the ball back other than hope Wealdstone mess up.  There was no marking system.  Their defenders were given all the time in the world to knock it about while Porter and Hope stood there watching. 

31 minutes ago, JoeP said:

The lack of strategy was Shez's fault last night

This is the point Joe, it’s not the result/s per se. It’s the complete lack of any basic performance from to many of them - how is that possible on the 2nd and 3rd game of season?? 

We have a lot of players from last season and the new signings have been here for weeks- which is plenty of time for Shez to get his ideas across- so to me they either can’t be arsed (which is a worry) or they don’t believe in his methods and have stopped listening. (Which is a worry) 

It’s deeper than - we need time to gel. The players look like they don’t know the system, tactics or patterns of play, we have zero team shape. Teams are walking through us, with little no pressure or urgency. It’s like watching a kick about with your mates.

It’s very strange, even for NL level. 

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

This is the point Joe, it’s not the result/s per se. It’s the complete lack of any basic performance from to many of them - how is that possible on the 2nd and 3rd game of season?? 

We have a lot of players from last season and the new signings have been here for weeks- which is plenty of time for Shez to get his ideas across- so to me they either can’t be arsed (which is a worry) or they don’t believe in his methods and have stopped listening. (Which is a worry) 

It’s deeper than - we need time to gel. The players look like they don’t know the system, tactics or patterns of play, we have zero team shape. Teams are walking through us, with little no pressure or urgency. It’s like watching a kick about with your mates.

It’s very strange, even for NL level. 

We have tactics?

Watching the Wealdstone goals on Twatter, the way their places passed it around in the Latics goal area while our team backed off and ran around like headless chickens...was both shocking and embarrassing. Will Sheridan turn it around? I hope so but I am not confident. Something appears to be amiss.

Archived