Sheridan out

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

The main thing all Latics fans wanted was stability under a new owner. Now we have that some people are trying to undermine it with the Sheridan out stuff. I am sure all the other clubs who have risen from the ashes took a few years so why are people pushing for a change so soon?

People keep saying these are Sheridan's signings, which they were, but they were when he was under the restraints of the previous owners. I am certain a lot of his main targets didn't come to us so these are his third of fourth options.

Also in Frank's first interview he clearly stated give Sheridan time. I reckon this was because he had already told him the squad isn't good enough, but Frank being a responsible owner is prepared to give him the time he needs.

We can have stability and a team that is being coached properly to play attractive football and look organised.

Yes I agree I would love to see organised, attractive football and we should chat about the football side of it, but is he doing so bad that it deserves a "Sheridan out" debate?

The players he has got may not be capable of staying organised. I remember playing footy and the team was told not to pass back to the keeper as he can't kick it because he was injured. I am sure you can guess what a player did within a minute of playing.

He could be telling them to stay in a certain position, or to run yourself into the ground but they are simply not doing that when they go on the pitch. This will only get resolved when he brings in new players to replace them.

My main worry is that if a few people constantly say Sheridan out often enough then it spreads and before long nothing he does is good enough, and so then the negativity is back.

30 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I’m not saying he won’t improve, I’m saying I don’t think he comes straight in and improves our midfield. I think he’s technically very good, but I think he will just get pushed off the ball which will limit his impact, until he improves. 

totally agree. Nothing to suggest he’s all that. Plus I’m sure if he improves the midfield he would be picked or at least make bench. Same for Luamba. Doesn’t look a goal threat and can see why Porter starts every game as he’s most likely to score based on his career record 

13 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Yes I agree I would love to see organised, attractive football and we should chat about the football side of it, but is he doing so bad that it deserves a "Sheridan out" debate?

The players he has got may not be capable of staying organised. I remember playing footy and the team was told not to pass back to the keeper as he can't kick it because he was injured. I am sure you can guess what a player did within a minute of playing.

He could be telling them to stay in a certain position, or to run yourself into the ground but they are simply not doing that when they go on the pitch. This will only get resolved when he brings in new players to replace them.

My main worry is that if a few people constantly say Sheridan out often enough then it spreads and before long nothing he does is good enough, and so then the negativity is back.

If you factor in last season then he is doing a terrible job. And how many new players does he need, up to double figures already aren't we?

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If you factor in last season then he is doing a terrible job. And how many new players does he need, up to double figures already aren't we?

Let's be honest. There's no way he should have been kept on at the end of last season. It would be harshly unfair to sack him 3 games into a new season, but the decision made after relegation to keep him has left the football club reaping what they have sown. 

I do, however, remain convinced he will step aside in October if we aren't challenging...

46 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

The main thing all Latics fans wanted was stability under a new owner. Now we have that some people are trying to undermine it with the Sheridan out stuff. I am sure all the other clubs who have risen from the ashes took a few years so why are people pushing for a change so soon?

People keep saying these are Sheridan's signings, which they were, but they were when he was under the restraints of the previous owners. I am certain a lot of his main targets didn't come to us so these are his third of fourth options.

Also in Frank's first interview he clearly stated give Sheridan time. I reckon this was because he had already told him the squad isn't good enough, but Frank being a responsible owner is prepared to give him the time he needs.

Because there is literally no sign of anything improving under his management. If there are any signs can you point them out please?

We kept too many players on from last season.

Young players have regressed and he refuses to give them much playing time anyway.

Players signed for this season are just not good enough. Given the standard signed so far do you really think anyone he signs will improve the squad?

The team lacks balance and any meaningful game plan every week.

Players, like last season have that 'can I be bothered look about them'.

The coach we have is worse than useless.

Why changing the manager leads to instability escapes me, it happens all the time.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Let's be honest. There's no way he should have been kept on at the end of last season. It would be harshly unfair to sack him 3 games into a new season, but the decision made after relegation to keep him has left the football club reaping what they have sown. 

I do, however, remain convinced he will step aside in October if we aren't challenging...

For Shez, I guess its unfinished business and a chance for redemption under totally different operating conditions,

He'll know when his numbers up and it might happen before October, should the board have a change of heart and feel momentum is lost.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yes but he has had to sign the dregs because his budget wouldn't allow him to get the better players. It doesn't matter the number as he had to get some players in so we had a team. I don't think most of them were his first choice.

I still maintain it's crazy to be judging him on what has had to work with previously. I am determined to class Frank's ownership as day one and not to keep looking back. We have got to keep positive and allow Sheridan time to build a team, from now onwards, and stop the sniping of him which will eventually creep in everywhere and undermine everything we wanted the club to be.

3 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Yes but he has had to sign the dregs because his budget wouldn't allow him to get the better players. It doesn't matter the number as he had to get some players in so we had a team. I don't think most of them were his first choice.

Another reminder that he has gone on record and said he was happy with his budget, happy with the players he has recruited and thinks we should be aiming for promotion...

13 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Because there is literally no sign of anything improving under his management. If there are any signs can you point them out please?

We kept too many players on from last season.

Young players have regressed and he refuses to give them much playing time anyway.

Players signed for this season are just not good enough. Given the standard signed so far do you really think anyone he signs will improve the squad?

The team lacks balance and any meaningful game plan every week.

Players, like last season have that 'can I be bothered look about them'.

The coach we have is worse than useless.

Why changing the manager leads to instability escapes me, it happens all the time.

The signs of improvement are not there yet , I agree with you , and with every point you make (apart from useless one), but I still want to give Sheridan time to put it right.

This is because I  can't understand your last point about changing managers. It doesn't matter that it happens all the time. Sticking to our situation, how has all the changes of managers at Latics helped in any way at all? I am sure you know the many pitfalls of bringing someone new in and at the moment that is one risk too many whilst the club is trying to sort the off-field stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Another reminder that he has gone on record and said he was happy with his budget, happy with the players he has recruited and thinks we should be aiming for promotion...

Of course he is going to say that , but do you truly believe he was happy?

23 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

I still maintain it's crazy to be judging him on what has had to work with previously. I am determined to class Frank's ownership as day one and not to keep looking back. We have got to keep positive and allow Sheridan time to build a team, from now onwards, and stop the sniping of him which will eventually creep in everywhere and undermine everything we wanted the club to be.

If any other manager finished the season as poorly as Sheri did would they be getting this much leeway? He is repeating the same mistakes he made at Chesterfield and it looks like the season is going to be as good as over before we do anything about it.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If any other manager finished the season as poorly as Sheri did would they be getting this much leeway? He is repeating the same mistakes he made at Chesterfield and it looks like the season is going to be as good as over before we do anything about it.

Under our new ownership yes I do think they would get this leeway. I think Frank is the type to give anyone a fair chance, which equates to time.

I am not looking at any other previous situations because each one is different from the next. I am only looking forward now and was hoping everyone else (for now) would do the same.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Well, yes. Because nobody had a gun to his head to make him stay...

Do you need a gun to the head for this? He stayed because he wants to help Oldham Athletic. He probably had a plan to sign certain players. He is not going to walk away just because he didn't get them all.

He can't say "what I have is not good enough" as there would be massive outrage. He has to say it's fine just to reassure us, but I am surprised if anyone fully believed that.

Looking at the bigger picture JS came back out of the blue ... offered his services to a man he really had no respect for. Did he do it because he was aware of what was happening behind the scenes??. Same with signing on for this season. I wasn't at Torquay ..I was at both home matches and we played ok in patches .. but just in patches. Clarke had a mare V Wealdstone as did Cooper. I dont know what the answer is but the match was lost in midfield ... way too much space was afforded to them. Patience and support is needed with no sackings this season !!

I'll give sherridan the full season.  As for Harry Vaughan and Luamba I've not seen enough from either consistently to warrant the belief they're the answer. 

If we had a strong side then yes, put Vaughan in and see if he develops. Same with Luamba. That's not the case though and it's hugely unfair to place such expectations on them currently

Archived