Sheridan out

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Whoever it is, they need to come in and be our best players...

I just cannot see this happening. Will three "best players" bring the team up a level or will the apparent lack of coaching and tactics bring the incoming down a level? Seen way too many loans turn out to be utter dross.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I just cannot see this happening. Will three "best players" bring the team up a level or will the apparent lack of coaching and tactics bring the incoming down a level? Seen way too many loans turn out to be utter dross.

No, I can't see it happening either. But they need to be...

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Apart from Lang, Surridge, and Lyden who were exceptional most of our loanees have been shite. 

I think I'd give some credit to Ripley, Iverson, Palmer and Main but I agree most haven't been good enough.

Key will be to get the right players to do the right job. I don't have confidence that Sheridan knows what he wants.

Just now, Longlostfan said:

I think I'd give some credit to Ripley, Iverson, Palmer and Main but I agree most haven't been good enough.

Key will be to get the right players to do the right job. I don't have confidence that Sheridan knows what he wants.

Palmer had a decent game for County yesterday, everything went through him and I'm surprised he isn't playing in the EFL, Banks also played well for Chesterfield as well they also had Mike Jones on the bench as an unused sub.

30 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

Jonny Smith was our player of the season when he was here by an absolutely country mile...

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We haven’t even got the nucleus of a team at the moment and I don’t think Shez is liable to turn it around anytime soon, he looked absolutely dejected in that last interview and was lost for words!!

Shez is never the most, shall we say, eloquent in his post match interviews and I didn't really see anything too different in this one so I won't read anything into it. Just look back at any of his post match interviews after we've lost. There are many to choose from......

I'm really disappointed with the rubbish Sheridan is coming out with at the moment post match. Seems like he really has no clue what to do and our recent run of results show this.

I'd give him until the end of September then make the call.

7 more games until then to at least get us looking like a team that can comfortably finish mid table.

10 pts from these games should be absolute minimum.

The only game against a team expected to be in the top 6 is v Chesterfield at home so very achievable and no excuses.

Anything less than this and we should sack him.

Most think that we need as a club is a short/mid and long term plan.

The short term plan involves getting the right manager to make us more successful in the mid and long term.

It's not about loyalty and legendary status now....it's about appointing the best manager to improve the teams performance on the pitch and move the club forward.

My guess would be we will not get 10 points....

So shez interview. Statistics  show we didn’t sprint enough, I have hours of tape on aldershot. Strange thought he doesn’t bother with statistics or opposition info. People on here making shit up or hearing stuff and it becoming gospel!

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

So shez interview. Statistics  show we didn’t sprint enough, I have hours of tape on aldershot. Strange thought he doesn’t bother with statistics or opposition info. People on here making shit up or hearing stuff and it becoming gospel!

I heard what I said from a player that played the game for him on his instruction. I made nothing up. 

Archived