Sheridan out

On 9/1/2022 at 10:31 PM, sjk2008 said:

Here’s some intel on Shez’s tactical nous…

…only just watched this and it is pretty damning, doesn’t sound that unlikely based on what we have witnessed over the last 20 games or so!

This season feels like another write off sadly

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

That’s not great is it. 

Actually, it's a dreadful insight into what may be happening in the Latics camp.

Every game is going to be a gamble the opposition is a worse team and I'm not sure there will be many. I know Latics are not going to get promotion but I don't want them to be looking over their shoulders come the latter stages of the season. I would rather the change be implemented and a manager brought in who can give the team what they need in terms of coaching and support.

To me, Sheridan appears to be doing neither of the above.

If he was not club legend we would of been calling for him to be sacked earlier we cannot allow sentiment to get in the way.

If we look at the season in isolation we have not had one good performance, they lacks any cohesion team shape & just doing the basics, we appear to be under prepared in every game & the opposition doing their analysis/homework from what i have heard shez down not believe in this.

We are not going up so lets look to build some momentum to match the of field developments which then will pit us in a good position to have a go next season. 

Did Shez have no tactics when twice saving us from likely League 1 relegation? 🤭🤭

It's pretty poor but it's early days. We're 7 games in, new squad, the spine of the team mostly missing and indeed we've been reduced to 3(?) on the bench.

Recent additions look to be decent enough.

We're all fed up with the bad start but sacking Shez would be hasty. There will be plenty of worse applicants about and even if we strike lucky on a better one, odds are they'd move on before seeing the job through.

I'm backing the man with affinity for the club, a determination to right last year's wrong and who has likely forgotten more about the game than those why cry dinosaur know between them.

6 minutes ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Did Shez have no tactics when twice saving us from likely League 1 relegation? 🤭🤭

It's pretty poor but it's early days. We're 7 games in, new squad, the spine of the team mostly missing and indeed we've been reduced to 3(?) on the bench.

We're all fed up with the bad start but sacking Shez would be hasty. There will be plenty of worse applicants about and even if we strike lucky on a better one, odds are they'd move on before seeing the job through.

I'm backing the man with affinity for the club, a determination to right last year's wrong and who has likely forgotten more about the game than those why cry dinosaur know between them.

A man who refuses to sign a striker where it’s clear as day we have absolutely nowt up front is a criminal offence in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Sorry. but I saw even in the pre season games there were no recognisable tactics, closing down, or off the ball movement among the players, its the same now and I cant see anything different in future games.  I have a feeling he knows he can't do anymore and gracefully retire before he's  dismissed.  A new manager with a fresh approach is what's needed IMO before disillusioned fans drift away in their thousands.

Archived