Sheridan out

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I’m not saying the zero opponent analysis claim about Shez is wrong but that’s a massive thing to not do and get away with it (with employers). I can’t see that continuing under the new board

It doesn’t make any sense to me either, that’s not being a dinosaur it’s just unnecessarily skipping a massive part of competitive sport coaching!

Sounds like interference...

We've chopped and changed  managers for years and it's got us nowhere. We need some stability in the boardroom and on the touchline.  We were never going straight back up.  That would have taken a huge amount of money and luck. 

it can sometimes be the case that a manager who takes a side down can't reverse the results. So it's possible that if we keep loosing games Sheridan had to go but I don't think it will happen of one or two poor results 

For the minute I think we have to be patient.. Its clear there is plenty of work to do on the training ground.. We were 2nd best V Dorking and have now lost 2 on the spin. Hopefully we can gel as a team and improve soon. 

9 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

We've chopped and changed  managers for years and it's got us nowhere. We need some stability in the boardroom and on the touchline.  We were never going straight back up.  That would have taken a huge amount of money and luck. 

it can sometimes be the case that a manager who takes a side down can't reverse the results. So it's possible that if we keep loosing games Sheridan had to go but I don't think it will happen of one or two poor results 

For the minute I think we have to be patient.. Its clear there is plenty of work to do on the training ground.. We were 2nd best V Dorking and have now lost 2 on the spin. Hopefully we can gel as a team and improve soon. 

He doesn't do any work on the training ground, that's clearly evident from what we see on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fucked off straight down the tunnel at full time with the majority of the team, not great given the commitment shown by those fans.

Probably embarrassed and didn't want to face the fans. 

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fucked off straight down the tunnel at full time with the majority of the team, not great given the commitment shown by those fans.

Don't like that at all

Especially after making a journey like that.

Maybe I was wrong and it's time for change

34 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

it can sometimes be the case that a manager who takes a side down can't reverse the results. So it's possible that if we keep loosing games Sheridan had to go but I don't think it will happen of one or two poor results . 

You do realise though that even Sheridan did not initially see himself as long-term? This, to me, is a major obstacle and given the lack of analysis on the opposition [if true] I can only conclude he is either not giving it his best attention or he is past it. I am going for the latter.

He said he wanted to retire. I admire him for attempting to stave off relegation out of the League. Sadly, he now needs to retire, hopefully before the fan-base turns and the enthusiasm of increased attendance dwindles again.

Watching Notts Co. vs Chesterfield, I see two teams which will certainly inflict two more defeats on a Latics team as they are currently playing right now...and to be honest, the quality of the football I am watching is not good in my opinion, with Chesterfield probably the best of the two teams.

Hope all you like but I feel it may be in vain.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

“I pick the team”

“I brought most of these players in”

”some players can’t get round the pitch…. Just had 6 week pre season”

If he's signed no doubt the 37yo trialist  Leon Legge recovering from injury will put things right.

Also we have a younger forgotten man in 33yo Lois Maynard, who when he comes back from injury will obviously help us get round the pitch. 

9 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I'm still backing Shez to turn this around.

Need at least 4 more in with pace and passion.Only 4 games in but our weaknesses  have been exploited. 

This keeps on being touted as the answer to the problem, however, I don't think it is as those incoming players will need to be played and coached to provide the solution. How do we know any incoming loans will have pace and passion? Why should any on-loan player have passion for Latics, unless we are talking purely the passion to play the game.

Apart from Lang, Surridge, and Lyden who were exceptional most of our loanees have been shite. 

I’m not holding my breath that 3 players will improve us never mind turn us into play off contenders.

We haven’t even got the nucleus of a team at the moment and I don’t think Shez is liable to turn it around anytime soon, he looked absolutely dejected in that last interview and was lost for words!!

23 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Apart from Lang, Surridge, and Lyden who were exceptional most of our loanees have been shite. 

I’m not holding my breath that 3 players will improve us never mind turn us into play off contenders.

We haven’t even got the nucleus of a team at the moment and I don’t think Shez is liable to turn it around anytime soon, he looked absolutely dejected in that last interview and was lost for words!!

Whoever it is, they need to come in and be our best players...

Archived