Sheridan out

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how much time Dorking and Wealdstone spent analysing us . I also get a sense of something going on maybe he doesnt want it now we are higher profile than he thought we would be. If he does want it he shouldget a fair crack and needs backing to sign another 4 players.

I’m not comfortable with all this, the guys a club legend no matter what happens in the future. I must admit I was surprised when he expressed a wish to return and felt it would be better for him to walk away knowing that he did the best he could .

Lets just see what happens in the next few weeks, I’m sure he’ll know himself if and when it’s time to go…..I would hate to see the crowd turn on him and hound him out after what he’s done and what he means to a great many fans of this football club.

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m not comfortable with all this, the guys a club legend no matter what happens in the future. I must admit I was surprised when he expressed a wish to return and felt it would be better for him to walk away knowing that he did the best he could .

Lets just see what happens in the next few weeks, I’m sure he’ll know himself if and when it’s time to go…..I would hate to see the crowd turn on him and hound him out after what he’s done and what he means to a great many fans of this football club.

Anyone who boos him, or gives him shit at a game is a disgrace IMO. 

However that is a world way from being able to talk about how he is doing on a forum. What’s the alternative, no honest opinions because of past glories? 

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

However that is a world way from being able to talk about how he is doing on a forum. What’s the alternative, no honest opinions because of past glories? 

It wouldn't happen, he's probably one of only a handful associated with the club past and present who would be totally immune from criticism, he's a legend but that doesn't mean we can't discuss his failings, whilst he's in the dugout he gets my backing 100% vocally even if I don't agree with some of the decisions he makes, if it doesn't work out over the next month or two he'd probably step down anyway he's that type of guy. He isn't going to be hounded out by anyone.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It wouldn't happen, he's probably one of only a handful associated with the club past and present who would be totally immune from criticism, he's a legend but that doesn't mean we can't discuss his failings, whilst he's in the dugout he gets my backing 100% vocally even if I don't agree with some of the decisions he makes, if it doesn't work out over the next month or two he'd probably step down anyway he's that type of guy. He isn't going to be hounded out by anyone.

What he said. 

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't disagree with any of that.

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

This it true. I do however even feel uncomfortable with the thread title. It feels disrespectful to me. Should just be ‘Shez’, the same topic can still be discussed. 

I’m not saying the zero opponent analysis claim about Shez is wrong but that’s a massive thing to not do and get away with it (with employers). I can’t see that continuing under the new board. 

It doesn’t make any sense to me either, that’s not being a dinosaur it’s just unnecessarily skipping a massive part of competitive sport coaching!

10 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

When he was at Plymouth I am close mates with a lad who was in the starting team for the play off game when Shez was in charge. 
They did no analysis and didn’t even work on team shape prior to the game, they lost. 
I like Shez, but he’s not interested in that side of it unfortunately. 

Most of these can't follow instructions about their own game, forget an opposition players.... 

Shez is probably right to keep it as simple as poss 

Also, isn't this the reason some of you give for signing players who "know the league" (as opposed to players who've never been shit enough to know it)?

Hogan should be able to do his bit in the team talk - "watch this lad, he always does x........" 

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Most of these can't follow instructions about their own game, forget an opposition players.... 

Yeah, fair point.

I doubt he’s talking about bomb alley- a la Johnson. 

But equally ‘We’re at home and I expect you to win’ is a touch to simple. 

23 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Also, isn't this the reason some of you give for signing players who "know the league" (as opposed to players who've never been shit enough to know it)?

Hogan should be able to do his bit in the team talk - "watch this lad, he always does x........" 

I'd expect an improvement from any group of players once they are being coached properly.

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Which probably strengthens the argument that Shez shouldn't be anywhere near recruitment, he's signed about a dozen and from what we've seen his template isn't working.

Biggest issue I have with Shez is his reluctance to play Harry Vaughan, i know he never played at his first club City but when he moved to Leeds at about 18 Shez was a regular under manager Eddie Gray, I'm not comparing them as players but at similar stages of their careers a manager backed Shez placed their faith in him and he was allowed to develop this is exactly what Vaughan needs now, playing alongside someone like Dan Gardner would be the making of the lad, it's almost as if he doesn't want to play him in case he has a decent game. In pre season he looked in good nick has developed physically and was always looking for the ball, technically he's much better than what we've got and will undoubtedly go on to play at a higher level, same could be said for Luamba who has his faults but should of started Tuesday night alongside Hope. What message does it give out to the young lads within the club who don't see a pathway to the first team? I thought this was part of the vision for the club and a way of making us self sufficient?.

14 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Think you are right, it must annoy Frank too after drumming up so much interest only to see it fall flat on the field.

The feel good factor needs to be replicated by the players who are producing exactly the opposite.

Everyone asking for shez head and moaning are the ones getting rid of the feel good factor!

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Honestly Vaughan is weak as piss, he’s great on the ball but everyone is just saying he’s better than he is, and saying he is the answer. 

I think if he had a decent run in the side he would improve no end!!

The main thing all Latics fans wanted was stability under a new owner. Now we have that some people are trying to undermine it with the Sheridan out stuff. I am sure all the other clubs who have risen from the ashes took a few years so why are people pushing for a change so soon?

People keep saying these are Sheridan's signings, which they were, but they were when he was under the restraints of the previous owners. I am certain a lot of his main targets didn't come to us so these are his third of fourth options.

Also in Frank's first interview he clearly stated give Sheridan time. I reckon this was because he had already told him the squad isn't good enough, but Frank being a responsible owner is prepared to give him the time he needs.

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think if he had a decent run in the side he would improve no end!!

I’m not saying he won’t improve, I’m saying I don’t think he comes straight in and improves our midfield. I think he’s technically very good, but I think he will just get pushed off the ball which will limit his impact, until he improves. 

Archived