Sheridan out

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

At which point, results-wise,  do you think they will bring Sheridan in and ask the questions, if they haven't already?

I suspect he speaks to Darren Royle on a daily basis given they must be discussing transfer targets, I don't think there would be anything formal about it but there's no doubt Tuesday's performance would of been talked about, we were booed off in some parts which would be a worry for the board. I went down the club mid afternoon yesterday to visit the ticket office (which was shut) and there was a meeting going on in the boardroom with everyone in there, I'm not suggesting the reason was to discuss the managers position but the performance must have been brought up, Shez wasn't about as I suspect he was on a day off.

Personally if we play like that at home to Aldershot next week and lose I think things could escalate but I'm hoping that doesn't happen, it's so important to be up for every game at home as we've managed to persuade 4 or 5k pay on the dayers to attend which is unbelievable, problem with that is a repeat of Tuesday night will see that dwindle game on game, you'd get away with it at Woking on a Tuesday night as the few hundred of us who go down there have little expectation but these new fans we hope to retain want/need to see something. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We have a manager who is unable to adapt, is that stubborn he is playing a player week in week out that 99.9% of our fanbase can see isn't up to the job, that is on the back of the same fans saying the same last season yet the bloke was offered a contract, he literally is a liability and I'll go as far to say if it continues he'll lose Sheridan his job he's that bad a player.

Stobbs had a decent game at Torquay and was by no means the worst on the pitch on Tuesday in what was a shocking team performance, particularly in the first half. 
Granted he was largely poor versus Dorking but it seems to me that he has been instructed to stay out wide and the service he gets is poor.

I must be in that 0.1% of our fan base I suppose…🤔

He ain't great, but he did put a few decent balls in. Absolutely nothing from the other side if the pitch though...

He is become the whipping boy, which is a bit dickish

Clarke was by far and away the worst player on the pitch. Porter also contributed less than Stobbs.

27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Stobbs had a decent game at Torquay and was by no means the worst on the pitch on Tuesday in what was a shocking team performance, particularly in the first half. 
Granted he was largely poor versus Dorking but it seems to me that he has been instructed to stay out wide and the service he gets is poor.

Your the one in a thousand then 🙂, as hard as he tries he's just not good enough.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Your the one in a thousand then 🙂, as hard as he tries he's just not good enough.

To be fair he's limited to instructions to chase back and cover for Clarke who's not playing well himself. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I've never been Stobbs biggest fan and agree in the main he's probably not good enough if we want to get out of this league.

Was he the mom on Tuesday... 100% no.

Was he actually one of our better players on Tuesday night....100% yes.

Clearly was told to get wide on the right and stay there. The service and support he got was crap and when he had the chance to have a go and put a cross in he actually did ok I thought. At least he tried to go forward which Cooper needs to get his head around.

We have many onfield issues at the moment mainly our lack of  shape, creativity and cohesion and learning to communicate with each other, particularly in midfield which bar Gardner is still toothless.

Suggest looking at the team as a whole not just Stobbs

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

You did rate Maouche, so that’s no surprise. 😉

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I've never been Stobbs biggest fan and agree in the main he's probably not good enough if we want to get out of this league.

Was he the mom on Tuesday... 100% no.

Was he actually one of our better players on Tuesday night....100% yes.

Clearly was told to get wide on the right and stay there. The service and support he got was crap and when he had the chance to have a go and put a cross in he actually did ok I thought. At least he tried to go forward which Cooper needs to get his head around.

We have many onfield issues at the moment mainly our lack of  shape, creativity and cohesion and learning to communicate with each other, particularly in midfield which bar Gardner is still toothless.

Suggest looking at the team as a whole not just Stobbs

I've already posted that I thought Clarke was the worst player on the pitch Tuesday but that's rare, he's normally steady Eddie but for some reason had a mare.

Cooper, Hogan, Sheron, Porter, Stobbs and Tollitt in spells were also not at it or struggled but Stobbs is consistently poor, he did okay at Torquay and I gave him credit for that but that's about it.

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've already posted that I thought Clarke was the worst player on the pitch Tuesday but that's rare, he's normally steady Eddie but for some reason had a mare.

Cooper, Hogan, Sheron, Porter, Stobbs and Tollitt in spells were also not at it or struggled but Stobbs is consistently poor, he did okay at Torquay and I gave him credit for that but that's about it.

I quite like Clarke but for me he's not good enough going forward so that right hand side needs improving ASAP.

47 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Clarke has a shocker in his locker. Had quite a few last season...

2 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

He ain't great, but he did put a few decent balls in. Absolutely nothing from the other side if the pitch though...

He is become the whipping boy, which is a bit dickish

Clarke was by far and away the worst player on the pitch. Porter also contributed less than Stobbs.

Agree he put some decent balls in. I also think the people who voted him MOM were probably not the biggest of football fans and named him because he was  “ busy “ for want of better words

Win at Southend and all will be rosy again.

Even if not he'll be given time, and rightly so.

I reckon he views this as his last chance to prove he can build something rather than just firefight.

This squad looks to have been put together tentatively whether by the Lemsagam's or FR/DR/JR (or a bit of both) with a view to it being at least OK should the takeover have gone tits up.

Loans when they finally come will improve us rapidly to be followed with some decent permanent signings as & when doable. 

Shez with another promotion on his record this season or next. 

(Fuck off Paddy) 

I think it's taken quite a few by surprise, that experienced league player's have dropped into non league and have struggled so badly after only 3 games,

I'll admit that I didn't expect us to start steamrolling team's here, as you always have to show some respect towards the opposition but I did expect us to show more fight and self respect, a manager can only do so much.

The player's must know this and really shouldn't need this spelling out.

50 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Win at Southend and all will be rosy again.

Even if not he'll be given time, and rightly so.

I reckon he views this as his last chance to prove he can build something rather than just firefight.

This squad looks to have been put together tentatively whether by the Lemsagam's or FR/DR/JR (or a bit of both) with a view to it being at least OK should the takeover have gone tits up.

Loans when they finally come will improve us rapidly to be followed with some decent permanent signings as & when doable. 

Shez with another promotion on his record this season or next. 

(Fuck off Paddy) 

Screenshotted...

I agree with those who are saying that instant gratification is the way of the world. Our message board was in meltdown last week after we lost a couple of games, with some slagging off the owner because he is planning to invest £30-40m in infrastructure, rather than expensive signings. Some people never do grow up, or acquire a sense of perspective.

I'm an outsider, obviously, so my take on things lacks something as a result. But I don't think you are close to arresting the downward momentum yet, and it will take a lot more than having an owner with his heart in the right place. Our new guy, his team and a small army of volunteers have spent three years putting us back on an even keel, and I doubt they feel they are finished yet. He probably got the club at a good price, but has also had to put as much in again in to make us competitive. The irony is that we have finished up in a basket case of a Division, but that is a story for another day.

I hope you can give the manager some options and build a bit of strength in depth into the squad, because you are going to need it.  August looks like a good month to acquire points, because what comes after that looks like a real test. Our Division may be inhabited by lunatics, but the one you are in is just relentless, and as a club you are still bound to be fragile, however good the new management team is. 

17 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Feel completely uncomfortable with the stick Stobbs is getting. Completely uncalled for. Get behind the lad. 

I don't think anything that's been said is uncalled for. We're allowed to give opinions on whether someone is any good. He puts a shift in (which I suspect is why shez picks him) and offers a bit of pace, but his decision making and end product is rank bad. End of the day he isn't good enough based on what we've seen. 

Anyone who says Stobbs doesn't produce decent crosses for me is just following the crowd about him. Best delivery in this squad and best last season too.

Hogan is being talked up but he must have cauliflower arse the amount of time he's had to go to ground to make up for his poor positioning. 

Plenty worse than Stobbs for me.

4 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Anyone who says Stobbs doesn't produce decent crosses for me is just following the crowd about him. Best delivery in this squad and best last season too.

Hogan is being talked up but he must have cauliflower arse the amount of time he's had to go to ground to make up for his poor positioning. 

Plenty worse than Stobbs for me.

He can every now and again put a good ball in. But its about 1 in 10 attempts. The guys got 2 assists in 30 odd appearances.....

Archived