Just the badge

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/17/2022 at 11:33 PM, PeteG said:

I'm amazed that any advisors or due diligence would have allowed Mr Rothwell to buy the club without the asset. Who is to say that Blitz won't move the goalposts now he holds all the cards yet again. Bear in mind Darren Royle knew about Blitz from his previous attempt at bringing a party to buy the club yet he's overseen this and is now in situ as CEO. I pray to God that Frank isn't held to ransom by Blitz but i'd have thought the natural way to do business was to buy the asset first and then buy the club which let's face it was worthless. We should find out soon enough but it is concerning it's gone on longer than was stated and there has been no further update.

Mate, he’s not an idiot. 

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Blitz still clinging on? What happens if the new owner doesn't acquire the stadium. Does he pull out and leave us up shit creek again?

How the fuck do we know? 
Stop making assumptions that are probably wildly inaccurate, your just stressing yourself out. 

I'm sure we will find out once it's done, dusted and able to be released to the fans.

I'm amazed that any advisors or due diligence would have allowed Mr Rothwell to buy the club without the asset. Who is to say that Blitz won't move the goalposts now he holds all the cards yet again. Bear in mind Darren Royle knew about Blitz from his previous attempt at bringing a party to buy the club yet he's overseen this and is now in situ as CEO. I pray to God that Frank isn't held to ransom by Blitz but i'd have thought the natural way to do business was to buy the asset first and then buy the club which let's face it was worthless. We should find out soon enough but it is concerning it's gone on longer than was stated and there has been no further update.

Panic over Mike but thanks for your concern nonetheless...

Agreement reached

He goes further than that and even thanks Blitz.

You were wrong about absolutely everything!

How's Barry taking the news.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Agreement reached

He goes further than that and even thanks Blitz.

You were wrong about absolutely everything!

How's Barry taking the news.

We will see if I'm wrong. The statement says the Rothwell family have reached an agreement not Oldham Athletic don't confuse the 2 as the same. Let's see who owns it when the deal is done 

29 minutes ago, PeteG said:

We will see if I'm wrong. The statement says the Rothwell family have reached an agreement not Oldham Athletic don't confuse the 2 as the same. Let's see who owns it when the deal is done 

Maybe Franks ‘son’ will walk onto the pitch tomorrow and shout- 

YOU’RE NOT MY FATHER. 

6 hours ago, PeteG said:

Don’t be a sore looser Pete!

Do you really think if the Rothwell family have acquired the OAFC club badge and will own the stadium and the land, that that will somehow be two different owners?

7 hours ago, PeteG said:

Put the shovel down Mike you're embarrassing yourself.

7 hours ago, PeteG said:

Absolute desperation. This redefines clutching at straws. 

8 hours ago, PeteG said:

This sounds suspiciously like  ‘realistic supporter’ comment to me… 😮

9 hours ago, PeteG said:

Do you think we'd be better off if we were still owned by the clusterfuck assisted by Mo and shitpeas, all shitpeas ever wanted was for the North Stand to come back under control of the football club and that's exactly what has happened, why would any fan without motive not be happy with that? 

Do you realise how fucking sad you're coming across on here, let it go. All you're doing is reaffirming the fact that you don't want what is best for the club.

"The Rothwell family are proud to announce that an agreement has been signed to secure the ownership of the Boundary Park Stadium, Car Park, Little Wembley and surrounding land."

Anyone know what the 'surrounding land' includes?

24 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"The Rothwell family are proud to announce that an agreement has been signed to secure the ownership of the Boundary Park Stadium, Car Park, Little Wembley and surrounding land."

Anyone know what the 'surrounding land' includes?

Plumpton Clough at the back of the Jimmy Frizzell stand?

1 hour ago, TamarBridgeLatics said:

Plumpton Clough at the back of the Jimmy Frizzell stand?

Just beat me to it. Its a massive piece of land that stretches behind the renal unit upto the bungalows down to the carpark at the OEC

It's basically a mixture of overgrown housing rubble/swamp with  20-50ft drop down a valley to the stream. This stream travels under the carpark towards Clayton and  elk Mill. Comes out somewhere near the slip rd other side of motorway as you head towards stakehill.

It has a public footpath on it that runs from sheepfoot Lane around back of renal unit and comes out at back of Frizzel stand. Wear sensible walking boots if you want to venture on it.

Has previous lapsed housing permission on it.

I will presume other parts are all the carparks so the stadium is not landlocked and little wembley

2 hours ago, underdog said:

It's basically a mixture of overgrown housing rubble/swamp with  20-50ft drop down a valley to the stream. This stream travels under the carpark towards Clayton and  elk Mill. Comes out somewhere near the slip rd other side of motorway as you head towards stakehill.

Always wondered where that stream appeared from. Is it a tunnel under the carpark? Or just a spring? 

Archived