Hallam hope

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Someone has posted on facebook that Hope has a "broken cheekbone and fractured eye socket." 

If that is the case then cps can charge with Abh or Gbh wether hope presses charges or not also expect FA may be interested discipline wise 

12 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

If that is the case then cps can charge with Abh or Gbh wether hope presses charges or not also expect FA may be interested discipline wise 

Extremely unlikely, whilst they can go ahead with no complaint they very rarely do unless in domestic violence cases and even then not always 

On 9/6/2022 at 9:41 PM, Wardie said:

On a side note, didn't Starbuck score an own goal on his home debut?

I don't remember him scoring an own goal, but assuming the game v Blackpool in about Feb 98 was his first home game (certainly don't remember seeing him before) I recall him coming on as a sub and having an absolute shocker which included him giving the ball away for them to break away when Junior Bent scored for them. We lost 1-0 and it was our first home defeat of the season.

A week later we beat Kevin Keegan's lavishly assembled Fulham side 1-0 to get back on track and 13 year old foolishly me thought we were going straight back up, as we were hanging around the top 3 all year, despite being utterly terrible away (think we only won twice and one was a last day dead rubber at Grimsby!) - we then didn't win a game for months and finished in the bottom half, a feeling I'm now more than accustomed to, sadly! 

Still sad I wasn't at Springfield Park the day he flipped us the bird.

I find it very strange that we’ve heard absolutely nothing well over a week after the alleged attack.

Surely a brief bulletin on the type of injuries he has suffered and the length of time he’s expected to be out would normally be the least you would expect.

2 hours ago, Chorlton_Latic said:

I don't remember him scoring an own goal, but assuming the game v Blackpool in about Feb 98 was his first home game (certainly don't remember seeing him before) I recall him coming on as a sub and having an absolute shocker which included him giving the ball away for them to break away when Junior Bent scored for them. We lost 1-0 and it was our first home defeat of the season.

A week later we beat Kevin Keegan's lavishly assembled Fulham side 1-0 to get back on track and 13 year old foolishly me thought we were going straight back up, as we were hanging around the top 3 all year, despite being utterly terrible away (think we only won twice and one was a last day dead rubber at Grimsby!) - we then didn't win a game for months and finished in the bottom half, a feeling I'm now more than accustomed to, sadly! 

Still sad I wasn't at Springfield Park the day he flipped us the bird.

Could the own goal in question be Scott McNiven's volley v Millwall...?

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I find it very strange that we’ve heard absolutely nothing well over a week after the alleged attack.

Surely a brief bulletin on the type of injuries he has suffered and the length of time he’s expected to be out would normally be the least you would expect.

As its a police investigation I would have thought that any press releases would have to be issued from them. I may be wrong, there used to be an ex copper on here who may know more. Lolololololololololol. 

34 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It's subject to a criminal investigation - both sides have said no further comment will be made and neither should it 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

we can't by law

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Could the own goal in question be Scott McNiven's volley v Millwall...?

Good shout, I can't remember that at all! Only things I can remember about that game are we drew 1-1 (Barlow?) and were starting to slip away from play offs, and strangely also seems to stand out in my mind that Mark Crossley was in goal for Millwall, no idea why I'd hold on to that gem.

Also remember Starbuck (back to him again!) smashing one over from close range and getting dogs abuse from the Chaddy. We exchanged him for Adrian Littlejohn shortly after, and ended up playing against us at BP in about the April with Plymouth, I'm sure he was overjoyed at returning 😅

He really was bobbins, but given some of the utter dreck we've had in the last 15 years or so, we must have had far, far worse, which is scary in itself.

41 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Surely there's no legal implications around giving an update on his wellbeing? 

maybe the ramifications of the attack are as yet not established.

are you asking them to update us that there is no update? maybe outside the main entrance at dusk?

22 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Wondering why there are no updates on Hope and how he is health-wise. Actually, and I can't be the only one, I'm wondering why we don't get updates on any of the injured players regarding progress and are expected return to training. 

Because as AL was clearly not interested, we had to look for cheap options. This meant to many older players who were bound to be prone it injury, and lost experienced physios and medical staff replacing with cheaper less experienced versions. Hence lots of injuries and no updates. 

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Because as AL was clearly not interested, we had to look for cheap options. This meant to many older players who were bound to be prone it injury, and lost experienced physios and medical staff replacing with cheaper less experienced versions. Hence lots of injuries and no updates. 

I get that but it needs addressing by the club. Surely the manager is being regularly informed of the casualty list and how the players are progressing, so I don't see why the fans cannot also be kept in the loop.

17 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Wondering why there are no updates on Hope and how he is health-wise. Actually, and I can't be the only one, I'm wondering why we don't get updates on any of the injured players regarding progress and are expected return to training. 

With regards your first point I'd suspect it is for legal reasons.

Second one is probably to keep the opposition guessing but it is rather annoying given we've about a dozen out currently. 

34 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

With regards your first point I'd suspect it is for legal reasons.

Second one is probably to keep the opposition guessing but it is rather annoying given we've about a dozen out currently. 

Surely the club could update us on Hope from the footballing perspective and I don't buy the secrecy angle because I don't believe the opposition would be that obsessive. I think it is good communication protocol to keep the fans in the loop. I seem to remember way back, the official site had a section called 'From the Physio Room' or something like that. 

It's another detail the club needs to be attending to. The sooner, the better, in my opinion because it is frustrating not knowing what the fuck is going on with crocked players and ones who have never even made a single appearance.

14 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Surely the club could update us on Hope from the footballing perspective and I don't buy the secrecy angle because I don't believe the opposition would be that obsessive. I think it is good communication protocol to keep the fans in the loop. I seem to remember way back, the official site had a section called 'From the Physio Room' or something like that. 

It's another detail the club needs to be attending to. The sooner, the better, in my opinion because it is frustrating not knowing what the fuck is going on with crocked players and ones who have never even made a single appearance.

I wouldn’t get to hung up on not seeing Maynard play, Cooper is better than him. He’s absolutely shite. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I wouldn’t get to hung up on not seeing Maynard play, Cooper is better than him. He’s absolutely shite. 

I'm hung up on the fact that nobody at the club appears interested enough to update the injuries situation to the fans. It's not rocket science, it's just a courtesy. 

Archived