Mr BP1960

I don’t know how to privately message on here. I was wondering, do you have any contacts in the south west?. My cousin has just turned semi pro at Turo City, 6 foot 4, quick, two feet and scores, 18 years old and running rings around the league.

He reminds me of Matt Smith, I’ve seen him play, what a player….

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I don’t know how to privately message on here. I was wondering, do you have any contacts in the south west?. My cousin has just turned semi pro at Turo City, 6 foot 4, quick, two feet and scores, 18 years old and running rings around the league.

He reminds me of Matt Smith, I’ve seen him play, what a player….

I'll happily pop down the A38 to Plymouth to do a (very) amateur scouting report if that helps??  😄

All the best to him, they are doing very well this season aren't they?

• Like 1

Mr BP

I am late fifties, used to play at a reasonable standard 15-20 years ago for my Pub team on Saturday afternoons at full back or in a sweeper role behind a big centre half.

I have the following attributes;

- understand the concept of marking the opposing players

- consistently track runners

- wiling to tackle and not afraid to “let the opposition know I’m there”

- can consistently control the ball and pick a pass

- always believe we can win each game

- don’t let my head go down if we go behind

- talk to and encourage my teammates during the match

- always look to get forward and support attacks (scored 11 from left back in one season)

- Have maintained fitness levels and can run and battle for 90+ minutes

Having seen us play several times this season I am confident I would be a very useful addition to the team, unfortunately I do not have a scouting reel as the internet and digital video was not really invented in time to capture my highlights.

I am available at short notice for Saturday should the above meet with your approval 

Yours

Ritchierich

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 9:25 PM, Ritchierich said:

Mr BP

I am late fifties, used to play at a reasonable standard 15-20 years ago for my Pub team on Saturday afternoons at full back or in a sweeper role behind a big centre half.

I have the following attributes;

- understand the concept of marking the opposing players

- consistently track runners

- wiling to tackle and not afraid to “let the opposition know I’m there”

- can consistently control the ball and pick a pass

- always believe we can win each game

- don’t let my head go down if we go behind

- talk to and encourage my teammates during the match

- always look to get forward and support attacks (scored 11 from left back in one season)

- Have maintained fitness levels and can run and battle for 90+ minutes

Having seen us play several times this season I am confident I would be a very useful addition to the team, unfortunately I do not have a scouting reel as the internet and digital video was not really invented in time to capture my highlights.

I am available at short notice for Saturday should the above meet with your approval 

Yours

Ritchierich

Dear Mr Rich, I watched you 20 years ago and your performances for the Dog and 3 Ducks were on reflection better than anything in the current Oldham Athletic squad.

By that criteria I shall be recommending you to the club. Age or size is no barrier providing you can match the fitness of the present players and last a game for at least 30 minutes.

I also suggested you go straight into the team as an additional centre back in a 8.1.1 formation.

Looking forward to seeing you play at Maidenhead scoring the winning goal from our only corner kick.

Yours most sincerely,

BP1960

aka Dino Saur.

Ps. I never forgot the tremendous skill you showed in beating 5 men and netting from 25 yards, unfortunately, it was an own goal. Your candidness in the after match interview was admirable when you admitted you were sloshed from the night before and improved considerably after you sobered up.

That's just that kind of work ethic we need now.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Dear Mr Rich, I watched you 20 years ago and your performances for the Dog and 3 Ducks were on reflection better than anything in the current Oldham Athletic squad.

By that criteria I shall be recommending you to the club. Age or size is no barrier providing you can match the fitness of the present players and last a game for at least 30 minutes.

I also suggested you go straight into the team as an additional centre back in a 8.1.1 formation.

Looking forward to seeing you play at Maidenhead scoring the winning goal from our only corner kick.

Yours most sincerely,

BP1960

aka Dino Saur.

Ps. I never forgot the tremendous skill you showed in beating 5 men and netting from 25 yards, unfortunately, it was an own goal. You candidness in the after match interview was admirable when you admitted you were sloshed from the night before and improved considerably after you sobered up.

That's just that kind of work ethic we need now.

BP

it’s been a pleasure, I have, on reflection, decide to retire

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

After a call from the club thanks to @adamoafc

I'll be assisting the club with scouting on a voluntary basis and going to a match on Saturday to check on a player. I obviously cannot give player names anymore due to confidentiality, but welcome any tips to follow up on players fans recommend like those above.

Let's hope we can spot a gem or 2.

Great news for you, BP and a little kick in the teeth to your detractors.
Good luck.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'll be assisting the club with scouting on a voluntary basis and going to a match on Saturday to check on a player. I obviously cannot give player names anymore due to confidentiality, but welcome any tips to follow up on players fans recommend like those above.

Does this mean you're gonna have to stop slagging off Unsworth...?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good news, anything that can help move the club forward I'm all for and although my opinion differs sometimes I still respect your view and you'll be a good addition to the scouting team, be sure to recommend Linney as I think he'll be snapped up before Christmas, another one for you is Will Stanway, young keeper at Chester who did really well out on loan at FC only 21 and one for the future.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Good news, anything that can help move the club forward I'm all for and although my opinion differs sometimes I still respect your view and you'll be a good addition to the scouting team, be sure to recommend Linney as I think he'll be snapped up before Christmas, another one for you is Will Stanway, young keeper at Chester who did really well out on loan at FC only 21 and one for the future.

Thanks, I've seen Regan and he's one I like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Well done and good luck BP.

I have a couple of mates who scout up here in Cumbria for a rather large MCR club. If I hear of anything interesting Cumbria based I will pm you 👍

• Like 2