MATCH: vs Yeovil Town (H) 22/10/22

23 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Gardner is our best player by a country mile. No vision ? You need to look back on the goals we have scored when he plays. 

that pass to whomever it was to score in the last minute against whoever it was, was rather beautiful in its execution

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Gardner is our best player by a country mile. No vision ? You need to look back on the goals we have scored when he plays. 

He’s been awful this season. Almost cowardly in his play. Can’t tackle, no adventure in his play. Sorry. 

28 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He is, whose better than him ? Whose previously played higher than him ? 

It doesn't matter what level anybody has played at, all players legs go eventually and he's nothing but a sick note now, get rid a.s.a.p.

Gardner probably lies between the two polar opposite views on here, I thought he started the season quite well but since he broke down again he's been a bit of a liability, his distribution the last couple of games has been piss poor and he shouldn't have been rushed back (if that's the case), a fit Gardner would certainly make us better but getting that is another matter.

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

that pass to whomever it was to score in the last minute against whoever it was, was rather beautiful in its execution

If you're talking about Hope's against Aldershot it was Cooper with the assist.

He did put Clarke in for Fondop's against Chester though.

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We forgetting about the two assists he provided in Shez last game ? He’s been playing injured. He way above this level when fit. In any case, he’s better than Cooper, Rooney, Threkald  and anyone else we have at the club in that position. 

It's debateable whether he's our best player but he needs to get on the pitch more often so we can judge !!

21 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's debateable whether he's our best player but he needs to get on the pitch more often so we can judge !!

Completely agree, he needs to sort his injuries out. But I feel Shez and Unsworth are rushing him back because they know he could be the difference. 
He should have gone off instead of Maynard at Chester last Tuesday. He thought he was going off himself and took off the armband ect. He was left on and I feel that was to much for him, was surprised to see him play on Saturday in all honesty. Rushed back so that’s hard for him to be blamed . 

19 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

oh 😞

🤣

us and yeovil are very similar in size stature and history, apparantley.

Maybe not the point I was making.  They've still been in the Championship much more recently than we have; their demise will be hard to take for ordinary fans

On 10/23/2022 at 1:17 PM, mcfluff1985 said:

All negative if, buts and maybes

I don't know how to "paste" this into the Altrincham match thread but a straight question mcfluff. Can you give me one positive from the Altrincham game please?

Absolute utter dross - I have seen enough football over the years to be able to tell already that Unsworth was the wrong choice for manager. It's crazy, I know, because I actually hate chopping and changing managers but, a bit like the Tories, we've got this one badly wrong and Frank must be having nightmares already. Unsworth has brought absolutely nothing to the party unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I don't know how to "paste" this into the Altrincham match thread but a straight question mcfluff. Can you give me one positive from the Altrincham game please?

Absolute utter dross - I have seen enough football over the years to be able to tell already that Unsworth was the wrong choice for manager. It's crazy, I know, because I actually hate chopping and changing managers but, a bit like the Tories, we've got this one badly wrong and Frank must be having nightmares already. Unsworth has brought absolutely nothing to the party unfortunately.

Was it a big Joe's suggestion with the Everton connections?

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not play ultra defensive.

I’m sure he would like to be perfectly honest and say this is the worst pile of shite he has ever encountered but that would be counter productive.

This squad is horrific, stop blaming everyone else!!

10 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

This squad is horrific, stop blaming everyone else!!

Unsworth, Jeffers and Ebbrell have been  in charge for five weeks. They need time.

I accept that the squad is poor and that we have had many injuries BUT…

I honestly believe that our performances are worse than they were under Sheridan. 

I honestly believe that Unsworth is setting us up to fail.

He needs to get new players in and old ones out quickly. Otherwise he will continue to underachieve and patience with him will run out …

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Unsworth, Jeffers and Ebbrell have been  in charge for five weeks. They need time.

I honestly believe that our performances are worse than they were under Sheridan. 

He needs to get new players in and old ones out quickly. Otherwise he will continue to underachieve and patience with him will run out …

So far he got saved against Chester in the last min and beat the worst team to ever play at Boundary Park. I think patience is already running out 

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Do you mean deliberately in an attempt to force a wholesale change?
That really would be a stupid thing to do.

He said the club is working constantly to bring players in, do we believe him or is it that players don't want to come...the offers are not good enough...the club has a toxic reputation? I think Unsworth alluded to that reputation in his interview.

As fans, we believe the set-up must have come at a cost, the club now has to use their long-term plans etc. to convince the right players to come in. Royle and Unsworth have connections, we may become Everton MK2 but rather that than relegation into a deeper mire.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Nope - just that the way he sets us up (formation, tactical approach) is causing us to fail 

So, you believe the squad as it stands has the capability to improve results, with tactical changes? Do we believe Unsworth hasn't already thought of this or do we believe he is stubborn [stupid] enough to persist with a failing system in the hope this set of useless players suddenly do what is asked of them?

It's a complete mess. 
End of.

45 minutes ago, Wardie said:

So, you believe the squad as it stands has the capability to improve results, with tactical changes?

Absolutely.

We have played some very average teams this season. 
Performances against teams like Maidenhead, Altrincham (and Chester in the cup) have been adversely impacted by the approach adopted by the new manager. 

Overall I agree that we have a squad with many poor footballers and accept that we are not going to compete with the good and the top sides at the moment - but his defensive mind set, mirrored by his tactical setup, is not helping.

He’s been in the job for less time than Liz Truss was PM so I’m going to give him another ten days or so 😉

Archived