MATCH: vs Yeovil Town (H) 22/10/22

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeovil don’t score or concede many.

They have drawn 7 of 13 games.

Jamie Rekord (*) is top scorer with 3. 

This will be a good chance to get Unsworth his first league victory.

With no incoming players this week, but injuries clearing up - of the remaining long term injured, I reckon only Hogan and Hope would be starters and they are a week or two away - we might see a similar team that started on Tuesday. If Carragher has recovered it could be: 

Norman,

Clarke, Carragher, Maynard, Okagbue, Couto,

Sheron, Gardner, Rooney, Tollit,

Fondop

(*) hang on, isn’t he a full back?

34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Yeovil don’t score or concede many.

They have drawn 7 of 13 games.

Jamie Rekord (*) is top scorer with 3. 

This will be a good chance to get Unsworth his first league victory.

With no incoming players this week, but injuries clearing up - of the remaining long term injured, I reckon only Hogan and Hope would be starters and they are a week or two away - we might see a similar team that started on Tuesday. If Carragher has recovered it could be: 

Norman,

Clarke, Carragher, Maynard, Okagbue, Couto,

Sheron, Gardner, Rooney, Tollit,

Fondop

(*) hang on, isn’t he a full back?

Rooney needs to show more, personally I think he's playing too deep and should be closer to Fondop. He's shown in the past he can score goals.

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Rooney needs to show more, personally I think he's playing too deep and should be closer to Fondop. He's shown in the past he can score goals.

Agree that he needs to do more - but he still looks lacking in match fitness - hopefully he will come good 

Screenshot 2022-10-16 065230.jpg

Remember the foodbank is collecting at today's match, please donate if you can.

There will be three donation points around Boundary Park:

• Outside of the OACT Family Stand turnstiles.
  • Outside of the Jimmy Frizzel Stand turnstiles.
  • Within the Club Shop (this is a permanent collection point, available throughout the week).

The foodbank, which delivers food directly to people’s homes, has already fed more than 10,000 individuals this year. It is now appealing for additional help as donations have dried up with the cost of living crisis, yet demand has soared.

Saturday 22nd October – Food collection

Details here:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/october/14102022-oact-foodbank-collection/

I don't know how much Yeovil have changed their team this season but they looked a decent side when I went to watch them at Halifax at the back end of last season when Dearnley snatched a late equaliser.

Both Halifax and Yeovil looked better than us last season so have we improved? It's going to be tough......

Hopefully today we get the opener and press for a second.   Bringing three extra with me today so fingers crossed today can be a catalyst to our season….

Norman

Clarke - Okagbue - Maynard - Carragher - Couto

Sheron

Gardner/Rooney - Tollit

Fondop - Carty 

I’d even drop a CB if Gardner fit and play Sharon as DM with Gardner, Rooney and Tollit across middle.  Tollit and Rooney have the legs with Gardner as playmaker.

With Hope back soon, Hogan too then we have enough to get us further up the table.  If we could pay off Porter, bring in a pacey wide man plus another striker then we have a half-decent squad.

Definitely enough for this league 

It’s a big game with defeat likely to drop us into the bottom four. The table suggests they are poor like us. We are at home and need to be on the front foot. Over to the management team now to set us up to win this game today. I’m eagerly awaiting to see how we play today 

1 hour ago, Careca9 said:

It’s a big game with defeat likely to drop us into the bottom four. The table suggests they are poor like us. We are at home and need to be on the front foot. Over to the management team now to set us up to win this game today. I’m eagerly awaiting to see how we play today 

It will be 5 at the back, with two CDMs, Rooney chasing shadows and lumping it to an isolated Fondop who will then flick it on and we pray Tollitt runs onto the end of it or scores a screamer. 

Archived