MATCH: vs Yeovil Town (H) 22/10/22

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

My point was clearly referring to the importance of Fondop presently, NZ. Without his recent form/goals, we'd now be out of the FA cup, at our first hurdle, to the mighty Chester and we'd be on 14 points in the league. That's relegation candidates. Matters not that there might be a few other candidates too; you can't argue against the fact we would be candidates. Imagine Fondop out for the next 6 games. Too scary to think about to be honest.

You can't say that if Fondop doesn't play the outcome would definitely be different. Someone else would be playing and we don't know if we would obtain the same, better or a worse result. I agree with your opinion that we would miss Fondop with the current alternatives, but that's a ridiculous use of statistics. 

41 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You can't say that if Fondop doesn't play the outcome would definitely be different. Someone else would be playing and we don't know if we would obtain the same, better or a worse result. I agree with your opinion that we would miss Fondop with the current alternatives, but that's a ridiculous use of statistics. 

Oh I agree Mikey - lies, damned lies and statistics... and all that.

I just think Fondop is pretty key in how we play at present. If that changes - great - I hope it does because it's dire to watch presently. I`m still on a high from the takeover but, like BP1960 has alluded to a few times, unless we start playing some attractive football/winning we are in danger of the people who have returned to watch us, disappearing again. That would be really sad as we have a great base to build from with the "feelgood" factor.

17 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Oh I agree Mikey - lies, damned lies and statistics... and all that.

I just think Fondop is pretty key in how we play at present. If that changes - great - I hope it does because it's dire to watch presently. I`m still on a high from the takeover but, like BP1960 has alluded to a few times, unless we start playing some attractive football/winning we are in danger of the people who have returned to watch us, disappearing again. That would be really sad as we have a great base to build from with the "feelgood" factor.

Alluded to???? He said it every 6 minutes just before Shez left.

• Matt featured this topic
5 hours ago, Only Blue said:

The best thing for me is that Carty's scuff shot fell to his strike "partner" who scored, which cannot happen if you only play one up front.

They both seem to play close to one another, so fingers crossed a decent partnership will form.

I've gotta say that from the highlight of the goal I've seen, I thought Carty meant that as a pass rather than a shot (albeit a scuffed pass).  Agree that he looks like the type of player who could play off a big man like Fondop or (if fit) Porter.

6 hours ago, Only Blue said:

The best thing for me is that Carty's scuff shot fell to his strike "partner" who scored, which cannot happen if you only play one up front.

They both seem to play close to one another, so fingers crossed a decent partnership will form.

If we can and or do extend it, hes only here for a month as it stands 

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Permanent even?

Doubt we could but even at this early stage I'd try.

Although he's not over big he's hard to barge off the ball, has a decent left foot and made an assist with his other one.

He's also played Gaelic football so he'll be able to "look after himself."

I'd start him on Tuesday.

15 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Doubt we could but even at this early stage I'd try.

Although he's not over big he's hard to barge off the ball, has a decent left foot and made an assist with his other one.

He's also played Gaelic football so he'll be able to "look after himself."

I'd start him on Tuesday.

How about 4 3 3 with Sheron, Threlkeld and Rooney in midfield and Fondop, Carty and Tollitt up front?

22 minutes ago, mick26 said:

How about 4 3 3 with Sheron, Threlkeld and Rooney in midfield and Fondop, Carty and Tollitt up front?

Would work I think.

The further we get Tollitt away from our goal the better. When he's in our half he invariably passes backwards and has never picked up a man to my recollection.

The problem would be getting Unsworth to ditch 3/5 at the back.

9 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Would work I think.

The further we get Tollitt away from our goal the better. When he's in our half he invariably passes backwards and has never picked up a man to my recollection.

The problem would be getting Unsworth to ditch 3/5 at the back.

l firmly believe Rhino knows you pick a formation based on players available not the other way around.

hes climbed aboard a sinking ship and put us in a formation to stop sinking. unbeaten in 5 matches now and still looking for players, l dont think we have to worry about playing 532 forever

On 10/23/2022 at 10:25 AM, Bobledgersheart said:

As for Gardner he's obviously not fit but doesn't play the ball forward enough to warrant carrying him.

He's basically playing as another holding midfielder due to his lack of mobility.

Yes.

-hardly ever fit

-can’t tackle

-no vision

get rid. 

Archived