National League Thread

1 hour ago, Handsy said:

That’s an excellent signing. For ALTY 

I would of liked him here tbh

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Won't be a better signing in the NL all summer.

Yep, think we've missed a trick here. Can't see that they've paid much more than £20k or £30k either!

Alty also signed 6ft 5 left sided ball playing CB Sam Roscoe from Linfield. Certainly good enough for a move to the EFL. The recruitment / scouting team at Alty certainly seem to be able to pick and entice a player. Maybe we should try and poach their recruitment team rather than their players!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

No but he did look a good player. It does make you wonder why no-one else has gone in for him though.

Exactly, I'm sure they've done their homework and there will be reasons, Haughton is another who you think we'd of been in for but he chose to stay at Fylde, whose to say we haven't got even better players lined up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Exactly, I'm sure they've done their homework and there will be reasons, Haughton is another who you think we'd of been in for but he chose to stay at Fylde, whose to say we haven't got even better players lined up.

Agreed!
How many times have those mentioning Sam Roscoe and Conn Clarke actually seen them in action!!

The state of panic on here already is ridiculous!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Agreed!
How many times have those mentioning Sam Roscoe and Conn Clarke actually seen them in action!!

The state of panic on here already is ridiculous!!

Reading that hashtag of ours and fans moaning because we still need half a dozen more in, it's complete nonsense.

Other than Wrexham and Notts we were the best team in the division last season from Christmas, we've done nothing but strengthen and added some real quality with more to come in, we will have a decent right back whether it's Golden or Grimshaw - I imagine we'll get one over the line, full pre season to come and an attractive proposition if a potential loanee becomes available, add to that Ward whose rumoured to be a done deal and we are near on good to go, brand new pitch which will help us no end, fittest, strongest team we've put out for years, plenty of business' and fans buying in and we are only going one way, we beat Chesterfield away three month ago so why all of a sudden do half our fans claim we won't be competitive? Fucking strange behaviour that even by Oldham standards, we are in the mix this season we could even piss this league with a decent start yet some still feel the need to fret, we will get the two or three more we still need even if it takes another week or two and will be ready to rock and roll come the start of pre season.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

we should’ve been ruthlessly trying to hijack that signing. I hope we did try.

We're not Chelsea, we aren't in the business of just swooping in on other clubs' targets and blowing them out of the water

16 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

we should’ve been ruthlessly trying to hijack that signing. I hope we did try.

Who’s to say that we actually wanted them?

Ward and Golden coming in early next week followed by a centre back announcement and we’re good to start the preseason season 👍

18 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Alty also signed 6ft 5 left sided ball playing CB Sam Roscoe from Linfield. Certainly good enough for a move to the EFL. The recruitment / scouting team at Alty certainly seem to be able to pick and entice a player. Maybe we should try and poach their recruitment team rather than their players!

Well they've just sprayed manure over their pitch, so the whole of Moss Lane smells of shit.

To be fair, think Alty have recruited pretty well,  on the face of it, and odds of 100 to 1 are a bit insulting. Not that I particularly give a Donald about them. Think my odds of 12 to 1 on Latics will look decent when our recruitment is done. Expect us to be joint favs with Chesterfield by start of season.

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

What’s with this obsession about mid-table Altrincham? They’ve signed a couple of players. So what? 🤷‍♂️

with the money we gave them!!

looking at it from another perspective, lm glad some random fans are doin this mad frettin thing (and it is real lve spoken to a fan who said he wishes he shared my optimimism 😳) because lm nor fretting in the slightest about fuckin altringem or chesterfld or hartlefuckinpool or woking. we still 11/1? pile in a few grand and then maybe get to feel as miserable as them cunts must do all the time!!!!

but l said this last year aswell so.

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

To be fair, think Alty have recruited pretty well,  on the face of it, and odds of 100 to 1 are a bit insulting. Not that I particularly give a Donald about them. Think my odds of 12 to 1 on Latics will look decent when our recruitment is done. Expect us to be joint favs with Chesterfield by start of season.

12's is nicee and yes ld say your prediction is odds on

On 6/18/2023 at 12:24 AM, Sloshed Joe said:

I met an Alty scout at a FC United  match last season and they signed Regan Linney straight after the game 

He didnt match our profile, but the scout thought he'd score goals in the NL.

Linney didn't show much in the match against Latics at BP, but I think their scout might be right in the long term.

However, we have since signed Willoughby so I can't argue with that 

Edited by BP1960

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I met an Alty scout at a FC United  match last season and they signed Regan Linney straight after the game 

He didnt match our profile, but the scout thought he'd score goals in the NL.

Linney didn't show much in the match against Latics at BP, but I think their scout might be right in the long term.

However, we have since signed Willoughby so I can't argue with that 

Could of had both for nothing, both can play as a lone man up front as well as off the flank, Willoughby is the natural goalscorer though his finishing is top drawer he just seems to have that half a second more, Linney would/could of fit in with Unsworths philosophy though which I feel goes along the lines of 'hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard' but he does have some questionable behaviour in his back story which could of gone against him, his best games I've seen him in were wide left in a front three or a midfield four which is an area we've been weak in. 

21 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Reading that hashtag of ours and fans moaning because we still need half a dozen more in, it's complete nonsense.

Other than Wrexham and Notts we were the best team in the division last season from Christmas, we've done nothing but strengthen and added some real quality with more to come in, we will have a decent right back whether it's Golden or Grimshaw - I imagine we'll get one over the line, full pre season to come and an attractive proposition if a potential loanee becomes available, add to that Ward whose rumoured to be a done deal and we are near on good to go, brand new pitch which will help us no end, fittest, strongest team we've put out for years, plenty of business' and fans buying in and we are only going one way, we beat Chesterfield away three month ago so why all of a sudden do half our fans claim we won't be competitive? Fucking strange behaviour that even by Oldham standards, we are in the mix this season we could even piss this league with a decent start yet some still feel the need to fret, we will get the two or three more we still need even if it takes another week or two and will be ready to rock and roll come the start of pre season.

. . until the fittest strongest side in years lose 1-0 to Wealdstone. 😬😂

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

. . until the fittest strongest side in years lose 1-0 to Wealdstone. 😬😂

They'll lose a few as we did from Christmas onwards but there is literally fuck all to worry about this season, we were bullied in some games last season I just don't see that happening this, that reminds me didn't Wealdstone have an outstanding centre half whose a Latics fan? If so get him signed up if greedy bollock has got his eyes on playing in front of 800 at Salford.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They'll lose a few as we did from Christmas onwards but there is literally fuck all to worry about this season, we were bullied in some games last season I just don't see that happening this, that reminds me didn't Wealdstone have an outstanding centre half whose a Latics fan? If so get him signed up if greedy bollock has got his eyes on playing in front of 800 at Salford.

Isn't that Cook? Think his grandad played here. Go on then we'll have him or Cordner from Aldershot if Yarney leaves!