National League Thread

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Hartlepool currently top and disproving the myth that you can't be competitive when you come down, Altrincham also 5th - how is that even possible, we've played one decent game in five yet the apologists will be along soon to defend the chump and his latest masterclass today Zzzzzzzzzzzz.......

But you need to have been down here a few years to get used to it. Difference is they appointed a manager in Askey who knows what he's doing in this division. There are a whole host of decent managers out there we could attract if they had only gone about the recruitment process properly in the first place. Don't compound the error now by holding on too long to get rid!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PeteG said:

But you need to have been down here a few years to get used to it. Difference is they appointed a manager in Askey who knows what he's doing in this division. There are a whole host of decent managers out there we could attract if they had only gone about the recruitment process properly in the first place. Don't compound the error now by holding on too long to get rid!

Remind us how many times the last gang of idiots went through a 'proper' recruitment process. They had many opportunities to do so.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Unfortunately I think we are stuck with him now regardless of how he was recruited - which wasn't the problem for me, his relationship with those making the decisions is a problem though because their judgement appears to be a little clouded.

There would be managers queuing round the block to have a go at that job now, it's almost the perfect opportunity for someone yet Unsworth appears to be absolutely clueless about what's required and appears incapable of putting out a team that has an identity and a style of play, you'd think they had been cobbled together in a week  like years gone by  on the evidence when the reality is they had a pretty uninterrupted pre season and he's been given more players than he could ever wish for.

As predicted I see Sutton will be this seasons Vaughan and we are unlikely to see him involved again, shame as his replacement Freeman  looks like he's wearing lead boots after 15 minutes and looks about 6 weeks away from being match fit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Remind us how many times the last gang of idiots went through a 'proper' recruitment process. They had many opportunities to do so.

They are even on record admitting to tapping up Dino while he was at Stevenage. He was announced as Banide was clearing his desk.

Curle was pretty similar too, but at least there was a day difference.

36 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Hartlepool have made a great start and are top of the league, if you think they can stay there they are a huge 18/1 with bet 365 and we are out to 12/1 !

They looked good against Fylde, not sure how good Fylde are though, they play the Champions  Chesterfield away tomorrow so that should be an interesting basketball game as I'm presuming they'll go there for a win with Askey in charge.

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They looked good against Fylde, not sure how good Fylde are though, they play the Champions  Chesterfield away tomorrow so that should be an interesting basketball game as I'm presuming they'll go there for a win with Askey in charge.

5-3 chesterfield *wink*

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

The basketball comments he makes does make me laugh. If we pushed for the win and played with attacking intent he’s right we may have lost 3-0 to Chesterfield. But if we did the same to Boreham Wood we could have come away with the 3 points, leaving us a point better off overall. 

Appreciate we could have also lost to Boreham Wood, but I have more faith in the players than Unsy does it seems. 

17 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

As predicted I see Sutton will be this seasons Vaughan and we are unlikely to see him involved again, shame as his replacement Freeman  looks like he's wearing lead boots after 15 minutes and looks about 6 weeks away from being match fit.

Whilst I agree that Sutton will probably fall down the pecking order, I thought Freeman had an OK game and he is working his way up to fitness. Most of their attacking play went down Kitching's channel.

Won't be the end for Sutton, he may be best farmed out on loan with a callback clause if we have a few injuries. I have no problems him being behind Hogan, Raglan and Hobson. Our problems aren't there for me.  

57 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'll guarantee that if Askey had come in here and failed to turn it round like last season at Hartlepool this board would have been rampant with Askey outers

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Whilst I agree that Sutton will probably fall down the pecking order, I thought Freeman had an OK game and he is working his way up to fitness. Most of their attacking play went down Kitching's channel.

Won't be the end for Sutton, he may be best farmed out on loan with a callback clause if we have a few injuries. I have no problems him being behind Hogan, Raglan and Hobson. Our problems aren't there for me.  

yes l also feel a loan away may be the answer. l also think the red is a joke. l hope somebody notices how long lve deliberated on offering my opinion there. part of me doesnt even think its a foul and l'd be pissed off if he didnt do what he does.

l think he will have a decent career in Football and wouldnt mind us playing a decent part if it.

56 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

York City have sacked manager Michael Morton.

The owner said that when he took over his first meeting with Morton had the purpose of sacking him. After talking to him, however, he felt he was the right man for the job. Five matches later he seems to think he should have gone with his initial instincts.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Darren More favourite for the York job.  Would be a bit of a coup to get a manager who got promotion from L1 last season.

Darren Kelly appointed as general manager.

https://yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/darren-kelly-joins-minstermen-as-general-manager/

Edited by BP1960