Unsworth

We cannot get fucking relegated. It’s not a bloody option. Two relegations in 4 years shows that when we go down we are still bad, we will be stuck in the National League North fighting down there with worse football. Why are people willing to wait on Unsworth, sleep walking into another relegation. Literally people, including the CEO and BPAS are willing to lose time with this chancer with the hope he comes good. Literally gambling our club away. We have seen absolutely nothing from this bloke. We have not loyalty to him. He’s never done anything for OAFC. I don’t like changing managers, I want stability, I wanted Unsworth to be here for years. But you could quickly tell we have made a bad decision, and you can’t persist with a manger which is our worst in our history. It’s absolutely baffling.

I took the last couple of weeks off here, specifically on this subject. I’ll keep banging the drum that he need to go. It’s tedious, but the more people that realise then hopefully we can gather momentum, voice our opinions and move on from him. 

Like I said on another post, he’s improved the back room foundations for a proper manager to come in and benefit from. 

• Like 6

For the people wanting to give him time, fully appreciate your opinion but…

Can you give me some glimmer of hope from what you’ve seen in the last two months that shows he deserves time? I can’t see anything, from the style of play to the way he talks about performances in his interviews. I get nothing, absolutely nothing in terms of confidence that he is in any way a football manager.

So my question is what do you see that makes you think he deserves time? Or is it just the fact that we need stability and he might come good.  

• Like 3

As gutting as it is, it's simple.  He's shown nothing to convince fans that he knows what to do, despite having the best backing that any manager has had at the club...probably since Shez first time around in the late 00's.

I'd give him until the end of the month to show any legitimate sign that he's going to turn it around, but I know that's being very generous with the lack of evidence that he has what it takes to be a manager on show.

• Like 1

The most worrying thing is that there has been absolutely no sign of improvement. That 45-minutes against Wrexham was 64 days ago.. every game (even the Yeovil win) since then we have looked truly abysmal.

At what point do the board pull the trigger? This just isn't working. 

• Like 2

Interesting to hear their manager say he tried to play for the point with 5 minutes to go and they still ended up winning!

What's also interesting is his view on our squad which, in his opinion, is full of players who could "walk into any top 7 side" 

What does this say about Unsworth not being able to get any sort of tune out of them?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Interesting to hear their manager say he tried to play for the point with 5 minutes to go and they still ended up winning!

What's also interesting is his view on our squad which, in his opinion, is full of players who could "walk into any top 7 side" 

What does this say about Unsworth not being able to get any sort of tune out of them?

Sums it up.Time is soon up for me.We have the players but the captain of the Titanic in charge.

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

In the words of the classic 1960s song by the Moody Blues...Go Now

I doubt anything changes now with a 6 pointer on Sunday

If they're going to make a change then it would make sense for it to be after Torquay I'd say. Gives the new manager 2 weeks before the first league game 

3 home games coming up we have to win those games because if we don't it's beyond any doubt that he won't get anything from this group of players and he will only take us backwards. many of the players he has signed I don't think any other manager certainly not in the bottom half of the NL has been backed aswell has he has been this last 2 months. 

I really don't like sacking managers it's a fundamental flaw that football clubs get wrong footballers need a consistent voice coming from the dugout that way they know where they stand and whats expected of them. It should be the last resort. But we can't keep losing games like this. I would have tolerated us going sideways when he came in seeing a long term plan. But we are going backwards and it has to stop.

I had a funny feeling at the start of the season that a defeat in the first round of the FA Trophy to some team l had to Google would be the low point, that moment could be coming.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 2