Unsworth

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Pretty sure the twitter account that put this up is one that just parrots ibbys nonsense, so it'll be a totally made up rumour.

But it did make me think about what I would want to happen should someone come in from him. And I think I've now moved from the "don't mind either way but I understand why they're sticking with him" camp and into the "Unsworth in" camp.

Yes there's a chance a new manager would have us winning AND playing attractive football, but there's just as much chance someone new wouldn't be able to repeat the same form. As promotion is imperitive, I think we'd be mad to change a manager that has us as 3rd best in the league over the 2nd half of the season.

l think you may have performed what l would like to hearby christen an ibservation. its like an observation but.. well, you get it

This forum always amuses me, I view it as the bi-polar or topsy-turvy forum. Either really down or really up after a good win. However, dare I say that the current upward trend looks promising. After all four wins on the bounce is some achievement, especially with a "shit" set of players that we had several weeks ago. It also looks like "hasn't a clue Dave" might have a clue after all much to my amazement. Lets all hope it doesn't turn to shit again in August.

3 minutes ago, redlion said:

This forum always amuses me, I view it as the bi-polar or topsy-turvy forum. Either really down or really up after a good win. However, dare I say that the current upward trend looks promising. After all four wins on the bounce is some achievement, especially with a "shit" set of players that we had several weeks ago. It also looks like "hasn't a clue Dave" might have a clue after all much to my amazement. Lets all hope it doesn't turn to shit again in August.

We lose Saturday it'll be back to DU out. Other 4 wins were lucky etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Can only see another win

We have serious momentum now

I really hope we can finish on a high to reward our loyal fans for their superb support both home and away all season.

The Bromley side I saw down there were well organised, all tall and made us look woeful.I can recall just one header all the game and their fans were goading ours at the end.Not for the first or last time  so  yes let's avenge that woeful performance and bring this season to a close with something to look forwards to next season.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Bromley need to win to secure 6th, and a playoff vs Barnet, rather than Woking. We'll be on the beach. Away win.

IMO it doesn’t really matter, you have to win all the games to go up no matter who you play and they won’t want to get any major injuries pre playoffs…….Home win!!😆

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Spoke to the Bromley manager last night at their awards do and he said he'd prefer them to finish 7th as they get an extra day to prepare.

If I’m right, they’d play whoever finish fourth rather than fifth, and if they win that then Notts county. Seems a risky strategy for an extra day’s rest to me.

52 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

If I’m right, they’d play whoever finish fourth rather than fifth, and if they win that then Notts county. Seems a risky strategy for an extra day’s rest to me.

Agreed. Also finishing 4th is actually worse than finishing 5th because you end up playing 2nd instead of 3rd.

Apparently we have become a top four form team in the last 4 months. The player’s will be eager to confirm that on Saturday by beating a qualifier who have done it over 9 months. 

And I don’t see Bromley farting about over a placing in the playoff’s. Losing or playing poorly at this stage will do them no favours at all. 

We might be in for a treat. 

3 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Apparently we have become a top four form team in the last 4 months. The player’s will be eager to confirm that on Saturday by beating a qualifier who have done it over 9 months. 

And I don’t see Bromley farting about over a placing in the playoff’s. Losing or playing poorly at this stage will do them no favours at all. 

We might be in for a treat. 

More than likely to be in for another Unsworth masterclass in boring the pants off us 

5 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

There is um, moment in momentum.

Those who don't believe in sporting momentum should listen to Juliet Ferrington's interview with Trent Alexander Arnold as he describes perfectly what it is.

The Jury is still out on Unsworth for next season and he'll need to hit the ground running for the many that's wrote him off. I certainly was leaning towards Unsworth out during that awful run around Christmas and new Year. Yet give the guy some credit, he stuck it out rolled the punches and got the results in the run in, if not pleasing football.

History tells us the more successful clubs stick with a manager whilst the board run a good ship over time. Lets hope we do a Luton.

• Like 6

On 5/1/2023 at 7:30 AM, Dave_Og said:

Those who don't believe in sporting momentum should listen to Juliet Ferrington's interview with Trent Alexander Arnold as he describes perfectly what it is.

You see the snooker last night Dave?