MATCH: Notts County (A) 26/12/22

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Is Maynard not a midfielder, sort of, from time to time?  I'd have thought that's 4-5-1

He's played both for us this season

If it was 451 then one of Gardner, Peck, or Chapman has to play rm, which I thought was unlikely and DU seems to love a defensive set up, so that's why I guessed 5311

18 minutes ago, St92 said:

He's gone 5 at the back again hasn't he. Only got Tollitt in that team who can play LM/RM realistically

So I'm guessing Kitching Maynard Clarke Hogan Sheron back 5

With Chapman Peck Gardner in midfield

Tollitt behind Nuttall

If it is a 5 at the back, that's frightening that DU chose to bring that back after how bad we've looked in that system previously

nah 451/433

norman

kerching

hogan

clarke

sheron

peck

maynard

garder

chapman

nutall

tollitt

I guess he is sticking to the 4 2 3 1 that worked well with the under 23s and the first team at Everton.  You have to admire him for sticking to his guns despite the run of results.  You have to admire the owners for giving him the players he wants and letting him stick to his guns.  Given how 'well' we played against Sports could be a double relegation.

There is a possible positive if we can hold out until 65 minutes in that he might, just might, take off Nuttall and bring on Reid and Fondop with a switch to 4 4 2.

1 minute ago, old codger said:

I guess he is sticking to the 4 2 3 1 that worked well with the under 23s and the first team at Everton.  You have to admire him for sticking to his guns despite the run of results.  You have to admire the owners for giving him the players he wants and letting him stick to his guns.  Given how 'well' we played against Sports could be a double relegation.

There is a possible positive if we can hold out until 65 minutes in that he might, just might, take off Nuttall and bring on Reid and Fondop with a switch to 4 4 2.

At which point we will already be chasing the game 

I’m not sure what people were expecting. He hasn’t learnt or changed much since he’s been here nor does he change mid game. I think today is one of the games 1 up top maybe right call. Let’s see. Performance more than result today. Can he show us some hope that he knows what he’s doing 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

I’m not sure what people were expecting. He hasn’t learnt or changed much since he’s been here nor does he change mid game. I think today is one of the games 1 up top maybe right call. Let’s see. Performance more than result today. Can he show us some hope that he knows what he’s doing 

4 mins 1 down. No he can’t. Good job I backed he was shit and had us losing by 20 mins 

Archived