• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Wardie said:

"Highlights"
FFS!

**EDIT**
I think the comment may be from Ibby. :D

We deserved to lose that no doubt, but their 2nd goal is laughable. At first I thought it was an own goal by Kitching, but their player gets the touch and is 2 yards offside. 

1 minute ago, daniel said:

We deserved to lose that no doubt, but their 2nd goal is laughable. At first I thought it was an own goal by Kitching, but their player gets the touch and is 2 yards offside. 

Yeah, which makes the possibility of their third goal an unknown as the dynamics would have possibly been different. Doesn't excuse the shit-show that was served up though, as you rightly say. 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I'm sure if you went and watched them training they'd be doing that for fun, what separates the top players from the lesser ones is having the ability to execute skills to a higher level and more consistently under pressure.

This. It’s how you perform when you cross the white line that counts. All this bollox about “they trained well” is … well frankly, bollox 👍

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Offside. Simple as. Shocking by the linesman/referees assistant …

Noticed Peck didn't close their man down for the first goal, not sure what he offers, he looks clueless, got out muscled several times yesterday, he isn't suited to a wide role.

I thought he was brought in as a centre mid, either way he should go and Chapman with him.

Nuttall's first touch is shocking.

Cueto just runs around.

The lad Reid must wish he was back at Solihull.

The last 15 minutes we sat even deeper and just invited Gateshead to have a go, one corner and we had everyone in the penalty area, head the ball away from goal and it goes straight back to the opposition and they go again.

This is Gateshead and we sat back holding out for penalties, what a joke. 

No point playing 2 up front with no service, can't see Unsworth changing this and Ebbrel sounds like he has better things to do.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

This. It’s how you perform when you cross the white line that counts. All this bollox about “they trained well” is … well frankly, bollox 👍

I've backed many a racehorse reportedly flying in training only to see it flop on the racetrack.☹

21 hours ago, Wardie said:

"Highlights"
FFS!

**EDIT**
I think the comment may be from Ibby. :D

their second goal is actually offensive to all levels of officiating.

their first should have been saved.

our goal looked offside.

pitch looks bad now.

it seems too easy for teams to play against us.

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

their second goal is actually offensive to all levels of officiating.

their first should have been saved.

our goal looked offside.

pitch looks bad now.

it seems to easy for teams to play against us.

From the short highlights it seems that they bullied us all over the park.

Their second goal was OFFSIDE.

Norman does look slow in getting down to a couple of their attempts 😮

39 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

gateshead have released an alt angles clip of their goals and they are vocal AF in the build up and celebration. obviously we would be celebrating, but we are very quiet in the build up.

l am very concerned.

refs and liners are unbleievably poor down here.

58 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He who must be not be criticised, surely not...

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

He who must be not be criticised, surely not...

Caught on his heels for the first and should of saved it, other two I'm not sure he could of done too much about. He's not free from criticism but as has been the case all season he's not really the problem....

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Caught on his heels for the first and should of saved it, other two I'm not sure he could of done too much about. He's not free from criticism but as has been the case all season he's not really the problem....

Thought he may have been unsighted for the first but our immediate needs are a bit further upfield.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived