MATCH: Gateshead (H) 14/01/23 - FA Trophy 4th Round

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

If the club put you on the coaching staff, I’d be delighted BP1960. I bet if you took charge for a week with a coach you would have beat these today.

That’s how much confidence I have in you as a man and an expert on football…

🙄

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It’s highly  unlikely we will go down even with worthless in charge, we’re throwing money at it. Clubs around us could only dream about what we’re spending. But it’s pretty obvious that most mangers would do better with the squad he has at his disposal. 

I have no idea how you can say that. We have a manager who has been backed, given the funds, given the go ahead for loan deals, and he struggles to manage this squad of players. Under his management, I can't see this team going on a winning streak. I feel like it's going to consist of mostly draws and losses. We've just lost to a team who are right below us and have only won four league games all season. We're in the shit. 

4 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I have no idea how you can say that. We have a manager who has been backed, given the funds, given the go ahead for loan deals, and he struggles to manage this squad of players. Under his management, I can't see this team going on a winning streak. I feel like it's going to consist of mostly draws and losses. We've just lost to a team who are right below us and have only won four league games all season. We're in the shit. 

Unlikely not impossible. I think k we have enough and will keep spending, until we’re safe. We have more money than teams around us.

Shame Unworthy was given a 3 year contract with no proven ability  at this level Frank has given this lump loads of money to build this team and must be wondering what the eck have i done !!

If  this waste of space continues  he will lose support drag us down and turn good players ,on paper, into very average  players due to having lost their confidence. 

If he had  any decency he would have walked before now  but will stroke his beard and blame everyone  but himself due to his complete arrogance.

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Shame Unworthy was given a 3 year contract with no proven ability  at this level Frank has given this lump loads of money to build this team and must be wondering what the eck have i done !!

If  this waste of space continues  he will lose support drag us down and turn good players ,on paper, into very average  players due to having lost their confidence. 

If he had  any decency he would have walked before now  but will stroke his beard and blame everyone  but himself due to his complete arrogance.

If it carries on Flem, questions need to be asked of Darren and Frank. . . 

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We haven’t got a midfield and

anybody should recognise that over the course of half a season but Unsworth seemingly hasn’t!!

Peck was the 2nd coming last week

3 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

If the club put you on the coaching staff, I’d be delighted BP1960. I bet if you took charge for a week with a coach you would have beat these today.

That’s how much confidence I have in you as a man and an expert on football…

Surely sarcasm

6 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Nonsense comment? Why!? How can you continue to defend this dreadful manager?

5 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Nope,

I'm confident enough about that and I'd even have the audacity to say that many on here, have far more tactical nous and would put more points on the board than Unsworth ever could.

Nonsense in that:

a) it’s a statement that can never be proven 

b) you say “I’ll put it out there right now” like it’s some incredibly bold statement  - it ain’t 

And, just to clarify, by calling the comment as I did, I in no way ‘continue to defend this dreadful manager’  

12 hours ago, astottie said:

I think compact is bang on. We had no width. Both Couto and Peck were so tucked in our midfield could have held hands. Sheron covered ground and made tackles Chapman was useless. What is his role. The other 2 were young lads playing out of position.

Did we set up in the same way we did against Notts County it sounds like it.

10 hours ago, latics22 said:

It’s highly  unlikely we will go down even with worthless in charge, we’re throwing money at it. Clubs around us could only dream about what we’re spending. But it’s pretty obvious that most mangers would do better with the squad he has at his disposal. 

I sincerely hope you don't have to eat those words, come the end of the season.

The throwing of money at the situation will not help one iota because the man has no clue how to get a consistently high level of performance out of the huge squad he has at his disposal.

The sense of something being amiss is wafting in the air again, thanks to his dummy-spitting antics of refusing to give an interview [wonder what the excuse will be this time]. Even if he was incensed by the performance, he still should have put himself in front of the camera and explained why a decent bunch of players performed like a crock of shite, yet again.

This manager is getting away with footballing suicide and we, the fans and the club itself will suffer the consequences while he and his cronies will probably walk away or get the boot. Infuriating is an understatement, I wish Rothwell would grab this by the neck and get it sorted because I have fucking had enough of it, as I am sure a large percentage of the fans also have.

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Even if he was incensed by the performance, he still should have put himself in front of the camera and explained why a decent bunch of players performed like a crock of shite, yet again.

Erm, he's done that before then gets absolutely hammered for doing it...

He found it easy last week after a 5 v 1 win….you have to take the rough with the smooth!

He probably wouldn’t have known what the hell to say after that and there are only so many excuse’s he can come up with….By the sound of it Ebbrell unfortunately, comes across equally clueless!!!

I was actually quite surprised and suitably impressed when our newly acquired manager, assistant, and 1st team coach were announced,

however, I’m now beginning to think we could have what’s proving to be just about the most unimaginative and uninspiring back room staff since…er……the Lemmies!

9 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Nonsense in that:

a) it’s a statement that can never be proven 

b) you say “I’ll put it out there right now” like it’s some incredibly bold statement  - it ain’t 

And, just to clarify, by calling the comment as I did, I in no way ‘continue to defend this dreadful manager’  

Let's say, you could virtually put your house on it, I know I would,

That's how confident I am about what I stated.

That was a genuine opportunity to have a good go at winning something.As fans we’ve been more than patient with Unsworth but the stats don’t lie,in face they’re pretty telling,even the games we’ve won we’ve not been convincing.Two draws with lower league opponents which we luckily won on pens,I believe the squad is far better than the league position which suggests the manager isn’t getting enough out of it.Time to make a change.

Grim that was as Yoda would say. It even gave me a migraine.

Peck (bless him) won nothing against their No. 3 Pye, absolutely zilch.

As someone said before, Couto is good at running around pointing at things (?)

Chapman ? Was he playing ?

No tackles and as BP says out muscled.

We all know we need a midfield, until we get one we're stuffed.

A new manager would be great too. I think we can all see that Unsworth is out of his depth.

Come on Frank, you can do it.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Did we set up in the same way we did against Notts County it sounds like it.

I said after the County game if Unsworth genuinely believes we should setup like that against all teams we come up against he needs the sack. We shouldn’t be having to camp with two narrow banks of 4 and lump it to two big men up top to hopefully get a goal on the counter. It’s ridiculous. Yes we got a point against County but fucking have a go at teams. 

23 minutes ago, redlion said:

Grim that was as Yoda would say. It even gave me a migraine.

Peck (bless him) won nothing against their No. 3 Pye, absolutely zilch.

As someone said before, Couto is good at running around pointing at things (?)

Chapman ? Was he playing ?

No tackles and as BP says out muscled.

We all know we need a midfield, until we get one we're stuffed.

A new manager would be great too. I think we can all see that Unsworth is out of his depth.

Come on Frank, you can do it.

The misuse of Abraham is one of the most baffling things to me. 

A real bright spark who has been distinguished by the managers woeful tactics. I can't believe Chapman or Peck are ahead of him in ability and he was shoved wide right when he came on yesterday when it should been as an attacking central midfielder running directly at defenders. 

As for Nuttall, big signing or not he was non existent and we need more than that from him.

29 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I said after the County game if Unsworth genuinely believes we should setup like that against all teams we come up against he needs the sack. We shouldn’t be having to camp with two narrow banks of 4 and lump it to two big men up top to hopefully get a goal on the counter. It’s ridiculous. Yes we got a point against County but fucking have a go at teams. 

I agree, but is that how we set up yesterday and did we set up differently last week?

The point I'm driving at (and perhaps someone who went to both games can say) how did the sane players win 5-1 last week lose 3-1 today against 2 different sides but of essentially similar standing.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I agree, but is that how we set up yesterday and did we set up differently last week?

The point I'm driving at (and perhaps someone who went to both games can say) how did the sane players win 5-1 last week lose 3-1 today against 2 different sides but of essentially similar standing.

I wasn’t getting excited about last week…..Dorking were horrific at the back and we took our chances aided by a hat trick and worldy from Fondop. Essentially it was a complete one off in terms of the result because Dorking played all the football whereas we yet again couldn’t pass the ball!!

I didn’t go yesterday so can’t comment but it sounds like the performance was much the same as the previous twenty odd games under Unsworth!

45 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Did you go? 

I didn’t. 

But lots of people said Fondop was isolated on his own up front, and we didn’t create anything all game. That isn’t what happened in the previous two games, Fondop and Nuttall were very much a front two, and we had a good outlet. Someone said it looked like 4231- which makes sense given the comments about Fondop. Why the fuck would Nuttall not be leading the line?? It’s really, really, basic stuff. 

Archived