MATCH: Gateshead (H) 14/01/23 - FA Trophy 4th Round

10 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I know sir, I just think this team would do better with a coach who can

1. Motivate.

2. Make a team who are nasty to play against.

3. Make switches quickly to nullify the opposition.

4. Be grade A undertaking shithousery and making BP a fortress.

5. Don’t over coach, play the right players in the right positions in an easy formation.

6. I think you could do a better job BP.

Spot on Lukers. 

In my extreme naivety- I thought, he’s finally learnt to keep it simple. Get as many as possible playing their natural position- and let’s build some desperately needed confidence. 

It lasted two games. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Spot on Lukers. 

In my extreme naivety- I thought, he’s finally learnt to keep it simple. Get as many as possible playing their natural position- and let’s build some desperately needed confidence. 

It lasted two games. 

That’s the way I took it today. I wasn’t thinking of an easy win but it’s bloody Gateshead at home and a platform to go out and get a result. We’ve gone back to square one and it doesn’t bode well when you duck the post match interview.

I was very much in the keep side but the patient fans now restless and he’s out of depth.

Time for a change.

He's not going anywhere but I definitely don't think we are going to have any success with Unsworth or his mate Ebbrell for that matter. Just listened to the post match interview. No tactical analysis, no proper assessment of what went right and what didn't and can you see this guy motivating anyone? 

That today was as bad as I have seen them this season. One shot that I can recall, can't string 2 passes together and well, they just seem clueless. Gateshead seemed to have better players in every position with good control, took care of the ball, turned nicely to make space for themselves and found a team mate with their passing. 

Unsworth and his mates can go for me...........

39 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

1. Motivate.

5. Don’t over coach, play the right players in the right positions in an easy formation.

I've seen enough football in my life never to set up a team like today or sign players who show no desire to compete.

I'd get you 2 very good orthodox wingers a fierce ball winning MC and a direct attacking MC into this set up immediately.

As you can tell, I think the present midfield is way below the standard I'd expect at any level.

34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Nonsense comment on so many levels  - on reflection I’m sure that you will admit that @Littlemoor Lad😮

Nope,

I'm confident enough about that and I'd even have the audacity to say that many on here, have far more tactical nous and would put more points on the board than Unsworth ever could.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I've seen enough football in my life never to set up a team like today or sign players who show no desire to compete.

I'd get you 2 very good orthodox wingers a fierce ball winning MC and a direct attacking MC into this set up immediately.

As you can tell, I think the present midfield is way below the standard I'd expect at any level.

I agree. The midfield was absolutely shocking today. Totally ineffective creating absolutely zilch.......

• Matt changed the title to MATCH: Gateshead (A) 14/01/23 - FA Trophy 4th Round
1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

1. Motivate.

This in buckets full

7 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

He's not going anywhere but I definitely don't think we are going to have any success with Unsworth or his mate Ebbrell for that matter. Just listened to the post match interview. No tactical analysis, no proper assessment of what went right and what didn't and can you see this guy motivating anyone? 

That today was as bad as I have seen them this season. One shot that I can recall, can't string 2 passes together and we'll, they just seem clueless. Gateshead seemed to have better players in every position with good control, took care of the ball, turned nicely to make space for themselves and found a team mate with their passing. 

Ebbrell said they couldn't put their finger on what was wrong today.

Most fans could, it was a midfield who failed to tackle or close down their opponents or show any attacking intention which handed Gateshead the initiative practically throughout.

How this management  have turned Abrahams from a breath of fresh air into damp squib is remarkable in itself.

Awful tactics and poor player management is not a recipe for success.

14 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I agree. The midfield was absolutely shocking today. Totally ineffective creating absolutely zilch.......

We haven’t got a midfield and

anybody should recognise that over the course of half a season but Unsworth seemingly hasn’t!!

47 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

That today was as bad as I have seen them this season. One shot that I can recall, can't string 2 passes together and we'll, they just seem clueless. Gateshead seemed to have better players in every position with good control, took care of the ball, turned nicely to make space for themselves and found a team mate with their passing. 

I know he’s from Liverpool, but he sounded like a parrot of unsworth

46 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Well you scout for the club, why haven't you if its so easy?

I make recommendations, if they aren't signed there's nothing I can do.

I've said many times on here who'd make a big difference, James Berry well before he hit the headlines as the hottest property in non league football in particular. It's very frustrating. I can but try and just hope the dynamic players I know would transform this club are brought in.

Incidentally, I'm not employed by the club I offer my services for free to try and help them out.

If the club put you on the coaching staff, I’d be delighted BP1960. I bet if you took charge for a week with a coach you would have beat these today.

That’s how much confidence I have in you as a man and an expert on football…

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I know he’s from Liverpool, but he sounded like a parrot of unsworth

Unsworths yes man, another reason this will never work, thick as thieves the three of them.

Our shortcomings are obvious and getting rid of the manager eliminates many of them, he's fucking useless and taking us backwards, we've employed a fat turkey way out of his depth with little ability to make change.

Some have said they couldn't see how we set up today, I could - I was sat side on to it and it's so rigid and defensive, players hate playing that way where every step out of position is criticised, let them express themselves and play fucking football, we set up to be compact yet opposition players just stroll through us anyway.

Just get rid and give the new man a chance before next season starts, preferably someone with a proven record at the level with the ability to motivate a group of men, this dosser is incapable. 

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Unsworths yes man, another reason this will never work, thick as thieves the three of them.

Our shortcomings are obvious and getting rid of the manager eliminates many of them, he's fucking useless and taking us backwards, we've employed a fat turkey way out of his depth with little ability to make change.

Some have said they couldn't see how we set up today, I could - I was sat side on to it and it's so rigid and defensive, players hate playing that way where every step out of position is criticised, let them express themselves and play fucking football, we set up to be compact yet opposition players just stroll through us anyway.

Just get rid and give the new man a chance before next season starts, preferably someone with a proven record at the level with the ability to motivate a group of men, this dosser is incapable. 

Just now, latics22 said:
11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Expand  

New franny his a lot younger, I’d give him the gig to save a pay off

40 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think it's beyond "we need a midfielder to get stuck in" or "we need a right-back".

He can't set any team up, motivate or make the best of what he's got.

This, this... and thrice this.

33 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

If the club put you on the coaching staff, I’d be delighted BP1960. I bet if you took charge for a week with a coach you would have beat these today.

That’s how much confidence I have in you as a man and an expert on football…

The first thing I'd do is let players express themselves in an attacking formation. I didn't see one player today who looked to be enjoying playing for the club.

2 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

The post-match interview was a complete non-event of utter drivel from a man who had just been elected as the sacrificial lamb. Fucking nonsense and a vindication the manager is a complete and utter shyster. Fuck knows what the board are actually thinking. Surely the car crash is glaringly obvious to each and everyone of them as it is to us. 

Half a season to save the club sounds like hitting the panic button, which is exactly what it is.

It’s highly  unlikely we will go down even with worthless in charge, we’re throwing money at it. Clubs around us could only dream about what we’re spending. But it’s pretty obvious that most mangers would do better with the squad he has at his disposal. 

Archived