MATCH: Gateshead (H) 14/01/23 - FA Trophy 4th Round

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Only slight positive for me was that we seem to have found a competent right back so only 3 or 4 midfielders away from being competitive.

Yarney may be competent now, let's see how long it takes for Unsworth to drain him of that quality. Mind you, he's on non-contract, so he will either piss off or another club will swoop for him.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wardie said:

Yarney may be competent now, let's see how long it takes for Unsworth to drain him of that quality. Mind you, he's on non-contract, so he will either piss off or another club will swoop for him.

He was only competent, we need bold dynamic players and a formation to incorporate them.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

He was only competent, we need bold dynamic players and a formation to incorporate them.

Being competent is a huge plus in this squad, apparently. I can't see the squad improving, regardless of the backroom work to bring players in because this manger is obviously inept at tactics and motivation.

54 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Is that a new formation that Unsworth is trying out?

It's a nod to his previous two league game's and today's non entity 

As soon as we're safe, if that's in his remit,

He should be sent packing without any delay and hopefully next season we might be back to being a challenge for those who face us.

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Will Yarney play CB while Clarke is suspended as I believe that’s his preferred position. Or will Sutton get a game at CB? Odd how Sutton went from starter to not included, even with 7 on the bench. Injured?

Must of been but then this is the man who dropped Fondop despite him being the only one to improve under him, benched Reid after describing him as a key signing and then dropped Tollitt after giving him a new contract in favour of our very own Benny 'Foden' Couto.

I will not accept anyone saying there is a worst team to support than Oldham. After decades of mismanagement we finally get what looks like dream owners and yet we’re still being made to wait for ages before we might get a sniff of anything to celebrate!

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I will not accept anyone saying there is a worst team to support than Oldham. After decades of mismanagement we finally get what looks like dream owners and yet we’re still being made to wait for ages before we might get a sniff of anything to celebrate!

I'll put it out there right now,

Even Shez would have done far better with the hand Unsworths been graced with, the plonker 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

. . . and we’re back. 

The system he stumbled on, he must have misplaced again. 

It’s almost like he went to 442 for the last two games in absolute desperation- and after one good win- he’s thought. . . 

Right, back to my way now. 

And we lose.

Again. 

Please, please just fuck off. 

We didn’t need to set up with a compact midfield 4 playing on the counter against Gateshead at home. We should be able to play our own way and take the game to them. Our main problem is we don’t seem capable of doing that, not that we don’t play 442 every game. 

27 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

That’s a bit of an over reaction, I can guarantee if we had a quality manga we in today we wouldn’t have been turned over.

I don't like half hearted shrinking violets, most of these are. Not the sort of players to build a team with. 

29 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Will Yarney play CB while Clarke is suspended as I believe that’s his preferred position. Or will Sutton get a game at CB? Odd how Sutton went from starter to not included, even with 7 on the bench. Injured?

Sheron to centre back, although no manager would do that surely?

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

We didn’t need to set up with a compact midfield 4 playing on the counter against Gateshead at home. We should be able to play our own way and take the game to them. Our main problem is we don’t seem capable of doing that, not that we don’t play 442 every game. 

I don't think the players had a clue what the formation was today.

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I think compact is bang on. We had no width. Both Couto and Peck were so tucked in our midfield could have held hands. Sheron covered ground and made tackles Chapman was useless. What is his role. The other 2 were young lads playing out of position.

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don't like half hearted shrinking violets, most of these are. Not the sort of players to build a team with. 

I know sir, I just think this team would do better with a coach who can

1. Motivate.

2. Make a team who are nasty to play against.

3. Make switches quickly to nullify the opposition.

4. Be grade A undertaking shithousery and making BP a fortress.

5. Don’t over coach, play the right players in the right positions in an easy formation.

6. I think you could do a better job BP.

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

When will the penny drop NZ?

We do need to be compact - because every. single. time he plays a system with a 3 or 5 in it - we lose!! We need to build some confidence in a side bereft of any. 

442 under this fraud is the ONLY time we look anywhere near half decent 

‘We are miles past- ‘What we should be doing’ and ‘taking the game to them’ because he’s that bad he can’t get anything other than really basic messages across- like- wait for it. 442. 

But he’s deluded and arrogant, and insists on playing formations that either the players aren’t capable of doing or his tactical awareness in making it work is zero. 

I don’t care about formations- I care about winning- and only time we look like winning is 442. He’s thrown it out today- because we’ve won a game and he’s thought, right back to my way. 

He’s a clown. 

Archived