MATCH: Maidstone United (H) 18/02/23

Absolutely…if we lose tomorrow, for whatever reason, IMO, Unsworth’s position should be seriously under threat!!

We have had a decent points return since the turn of the year but the performances have hardly been convincing and that includes Dorking, and apart from Notts Co the teams we have played have generally been in the bottom half of the table.

We simply have to beat Maidstone to give us a bit of breathing  space because the vast majority of games after that are against sides in the top half of the division.

As proved on Tuesday the old failings of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory are still there!!

If we were to drop back into the bottom 4 I honestly don’t think this team would have enough character or bottle required to win the battle!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Must win really. Have to take points off teams around us. 7 from 12 from a struggling side isn't horrendous form but we have to put teams away. 

Need to stop conceding  silly goals as we did on Tuesday. Must admit i'b be tempted to drop Hogan not been convinced by him. 

No must win games in February Hobbo. Happy to see Clarke replace Hogan, they must never play together though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Must win really. Have to take points off teams around us. 7 from 12 from a struggling side isn't horrendous form but we have to put teams away. 

Need to stop conceding  silly goals as we did on Tuesday. Must admit i'b be tempted to drop Hogan not been convinced by him. 

No must win games in February Hobbo. Happy to see Clarke replace Hogan, they must never play together though.

57 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think this of all game's, falls into the 'must win' category, for, as bad as they are, if we can't put these away at home, then, we'll be joining them in NLN next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I think this of all game's, falls into the 'must win' category, for, as bad as they are, if we can't put these away at home, then, we'll be joining them in NLN next season.

Whether we end up in the National League North or not, I don’t think Maidstone will

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s a must win because we simply have to beat these teams if we are to stay up. If we can’t manage to beat Maidstone how will we cope with Barnet, Chesterfield, Wealdstone, etc. etc.

Its an absolutely must win for me!!!

Any outcome is possible however unlikely it may seem.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

No relegations will be confirmed tomorrow my friend.

No but it'll go an awful long way to see, who has what it takes to stay up or not,

If we lose tomorrow and then again at Gateshead, we can start preparations.

Because the game's that follow, will be a damned sight tougher.

• Like 1

They have to win every game, if possible but we have to accept, Unsworth is not going anywhere. 

Maidstone United have signed experienced winger Mark Marshall.

The 35-year-old former Port Vale, Bradford, Charlton and Northampton man made four appearances for Crawley Town earlier this season.

Wingers galore tomorrow! 

• Like 1