MATCH: Maidstone United (H) 18/02/23

I've seen better football at an amateur level, to be honest. Yes, the pitch isn't great but standing off and showing no desire to get forward and give these a pasting is soul-destroying. 

Hoping for a much better second half because they could still nick a goal if we continue playing like this.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

You’re arguing against things no one is saying again

Nope, you’re making things up again because someone disagrees with you. 

I didn’t say anyone had said anything, it’s my opinion. 

Pretty much everyone in senior positions at the club is learning on the job.

Nope, DR has been at Wigan, Joe needs no explaining, Norbury has worked at The FA for years. 

Doesn’t mean they’re blind to mistakes or that there are other motives. No

Didn’t say they were or are. 

So it’s plausible that the club haven’t wet the bed this season after a bad run because they want to build for next season being one where we challenge with continuity.

Possibly- but I think he’s incredibly fortunate to have a board willing to almost write a entire season off while he ‘builds’ 

Improvement can mean different things at different times.

. . and - what’s your point? We’re fans, we only have two metrics to judge improvement- performance and results. One continues to be poor, the other have picked up recently. 

It doesn’t mean that if we finish a couple of places higher each season we should all rejoice

I didn’t say we should rejoice. In fact, I think we should be disappointed- but It’s my view that incremental improvement is enough for the board- I think that’s strange given their backing. 

Unsworth hasn’t got a job for life because he’s “their mate” ffs. 

Didn’t say he had, I said the bar for keeping his job is very low. That’s been proved by the boards decision making this season.

Not sure why you need to swear to try validate your point. 

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not sure why you need to swear to try validate your point. 

😂😂😂 soz mum. 

I’ll leave it there. Again. Pointless replying seriously to your full post as you will not accept any sort of differing opinion. 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

😂😂😂 soz mum. 

I’ll leave it there. Again. Pointless replying seriously to your full post as you will not accept any sort of differing opinion. 

I’ll take that as - you know I’m right, because you’re incapable of discussing things without personal digs. Which is a shame. 

• Like 1

Sitting back is clearly a tactical idea from DU.

Was telling Green to drop back to like a RWB position when he was already where he should be at RM when the opposition have the ball

And then Maidstone play it forward, we clear it, and it goes straight to where Green was in the first place, but Maidstone get it back instead because DU has told Green to drop further back....

Feels like we've got away with one today with the sitting off them at 1-0