MATCH: Maidstone United (H) 18/02/23

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

We were 15th after Unsworth's first match in charge, the 3-0 defeat at Bromley in late September. It's taken him 5 months and 21 league games to climb back to that dizzy height.

Expectations have sunk so low that I'm surprised that he's even managed to do that!

Just now, the_mighty_bosh said:

Expectations have sunk so low that I'm surprised that he's even managed to do that!

Actually I think it's 20 league games since the Bromley defeat, mustn't be unfair on DU 😆

To be fair 1 league defeat in the last 8 isn't to be sniffed at, but you'd hope the team would be growing in confidence by now and it doesn't feel that way yet.

11 minutes ago, DorsetBlue said:

Only managed to watch the second half. Very nervy performance. Gardner clearly not fit. Harvey Green looked promising when he came on and Yarney had a anther good game

Yarney has been excellent since we signed him, I was all for putting him at RB to get Clarke back in, but no chance, he’s been our best centre half every game i’ve seen. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, daniel said:

Yarney has been excellent since we signed him, I was all for putting him at RB to get Clarke back in, but no chance, he’s been our best centre half every game i’ve seen. 

Agreed and Sutton has done all that could be asked of him at full back.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

More with the desire of Yarney next season and less of the poor attitude of Nuttall and we should do better.

Well that wasn't pretty. For my money we get rid of Unsworth and start afresh with a new manager next season, we really haven't improved and if Unsworth is in charge for next season we will lose a large chunk of our support, people aren't going to pay to watch the shite that is being dished up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Well that wasn't pretty. For my money we get rid of Unsworth and start afresh with a new manager next season, we really haven't improved and if Unsworth is in charge for next season we will lose a large chunk of our support, people aren't going to pay to watch the shite that is being dished up. 

We could finish 20th and he won’t gets sacked. The only remit this season is to stay up- he’s currently 15th and way above the extraordinary low bar the board have set him. 

If/when fans do drift- the board need to look at themselves. It’s not Unsworth fault he’s still in a job. 

On 2/17/2023 at 11:45 AM, GlossopLatic said:

I'd take a 1-0 win if offered right now.

Well I'm not going to complain too much as I would have taken this prior to kick off. But our ball retention was poor we gave the ball away very cheaply too often we didn't create anywhere near as much as we should either the front 2 could have done quite abit more Reid redeemed himself at the end with that excellent finish.

However we've won, we've probably done the bare minimum to win the game we'd struggle to play worse than that and win but we've done enough. The expectation was that we needed to win today and that's what we did.

We should judge a manager on results our league form in 2023 is

P 8 W 4 D 3 L1 Pts 15 at 1.875 pts per game.

Stretched over the course of the season that is 86 points that would be enough to get us in the top 7 easy probably even in the mix for the title in some seasons.

The next 3 games are a big test we owe Gateshead the players should be fired up to play them. The games at Chesterfield and Barnet will be really tough what we can take from them will be a bonus. But we should be trying to get something from those games. Overall today was satisfactory no better no worse but what is important is we are doing enough to win games.

Edited by GlossopLatic